Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
Lyzelle, have you tried locating the starter and hitting it?

I know it sounds weird, but my Jeep did the EXACT same thing. Lights on, but nothing was working, not even getting a click from the ignition.

I automatically check the starter and battery before I check anything else, and the battery was less than a year old, so I started (haha) with the starter.

Found it on the Jeep, found a hammer, hit the b*stard and it started working again. I haven't had an issue out of it since, though I know sometimes with starters going bad you'll have to tap on them every time before starting the vehicle. It's worth a try anyway, won't take you ten minutes if you know what a starter looks like and where it is on your car. Pop the hood, tap (bang maybe) on the starter with a small hammer or a crescent wrench or anything really solid enough to make a good impact and then run jump in and try to start it.
This^^ Definitely look at the starter, it probably has a flat spot. Mine went out just a few months ago, actually! Everything worked except it wouldn't start! I told hubby it was starter, he said no. Ended up being the starter. You may have to hit it with a hammer a few times.. once it took me a good seven or so tries to finally get it to catch.

ETA! My vent. Cannot for the life of me make a freaking siggy I like! UGH. Somebody want to help me?

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 04-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Top Dog

Oh yes, starter can do it too. The starter has gone out in my current car, and it did the same thing.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:57 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
This^^ Definitely look at the starter, it probably has a flat spot. Mine went out just a few months ago, actually! Everything worked except it wouldn't start! I told hubby it was starter, he said no. Ended up being the starter. You may have to hit it with a hammer a few times.. once it took me a good seven or so tries to finally get it to catch.

ETA! My vent. Cannot for the life of me make a freaking siggy I like! UGH. Somebody want to help me?
The one you have now is nice , too

Old 04-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Top Dog

I had an hour to kill between work and school today, and since both are at the zoo, naturally I stayed at the zoo. I had intended to do an observation of the Great Blue Turaco in the jungle, since I need a minimum of 8 observations for my project. I got there and for the entire hour I COULD NOT FIND THE STUPID TURACO. He's always, always in the same place. Except today. So I watched the wrinkled hornbill for my other project instead. But still, I would have had time for both!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:01 AM
Top Dog

I had hand sanitizer in my hands, and I spaced out. Thinking it was lotion, I rubbed it on my freshly shaved armpits. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:03 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I had hand sanitizer in my hands, and I spaced out. Thinking it was lotion, I rubbed it on my freshly shaved armpits. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ohhhh ... Ouch :/

I don't use hand sanitizer lol, we have the foaming soap but its the reall gentle kind. If I do use hand sanitizer, I have to wash it off because it irritates the crap out of my skin ... Can't imagine what it would do to my pits :S.

I shave "everything" (& I mean everything ... Tho I have an electric shaver for the more "sensitive" areas) about once or twice a week ... I hate feeling hairy :P

Old 04-04-2013, 07:30 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

*whine* Had my yearly physical and pap yesterday...immediately after the pap smear test I felt bad....raw, uncomfortable, just kind of off. Figured it was a side effect that would go away overnight. Woke up this morning and felt even worse. I'm tender, achey, it feels like I have a UTI (urge to go, burning sensation when urinating), and I'm spotting. Left work sick (feel flushed when I'm active and am uncomfortable moving - not to mention I feel like I have to pee every 15 minutes) and am waiting to hear back from the doctor's office. I'm absolutely miserable.

This sucks.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Behavior Nerd

Could you be having a reaction to latex or something else they used during the exam??

Old 04-04-2013, 08:44 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

I wake up every day at 5 am so i can call my OH, who is in another city & give him his morning wake up call (he didnt ask me, i just do it for him ) BUT asshole Buddy started whining & wallowing around in his crate & panting & just generally being a jerk ... i brought them in an hour early last night because the weather was kind of nasty & what do i get for my good deed? an ansy impatient dog :/

none of the other dogs were this way & everyone came in at the same time & I made sure they all went to the bathroom before they came in. I swear if he does this tonight I am pushing his crate into the living room

Old 04-04-2013, 09:01 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
Could you be having a reaction to latex or something else they used during the exam??
I don't know. I wear latex gloves at work and my hands don't react, and I've used condoms without any issues. Not at all itchy or externally uncomfortable. I am extremely prone to UTIs and anytime I have sex without urinating immediately afterwards I develop them a day or two later. I know the instruments they use are sterile, but maybe I already had an infection in the works. They're going to give me antibiotics for a suspect UTI...I'm hoping that will do the trick. It honestly feels like a bad UTI, just with an achy/cramping feeling on top if it, plus me being a bit more tender than usual.