Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Frequently lights won't come on or are dim with a bad alternator but they certainly can turn on. And if it's daylight Lyzelle might not notice if they are dimmer than usual. A dome light and/or headlight test are ways to check your alternator if the car won't start.

But IMO if there have been no other issues until all of a sudden it's more likely to be the battery.

As far as Jin goes... it might seem really bitchy and harsh, but honestly? I wouldn't respond to him. Unless it REQUIRES a response. And keep them short, simply "yes" or "no" if at all possible.
He spams, all day and all night. Facebook. Texting. Calls. If I don't answer, he does the same to his brother and brother's fiancee. Calls them. Spams facebook messages. Texts constantly.

HE MADE A 17 MINUTE LONG VIDEO. AND PUT IT ON YOUTUBE.

And you don't sound bitchy at all. I know he isn't going to stop, either way. If I talk to him, feeds the fire. If I don't talk to him, he spams everyone else. If that doesn't work, attention ***** statuses on facebook and trashing us to everyone. If that doesn't work, he just continues to spam us without ever getting replies. We're going to have to go through a lot of trouble in blocking numbers, profiles, changing our numbers, etc, etc. It's so out of hand. I think he is just insane.

I'll have to get the car checked out tomorrow. Everyone is at work or school today.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Frequently lights won't come on or are dim with a bad alternator but they certainly can turn on. And if it's daylight Lyzelle might not notice if they are dimmer than usual. A dome light and/or headlight test are ways to check your alternator if the car won't start.

But IMO if there have been no other issues until all of a sudden it's more likely to be the battery.

As far as Jin goes... it might seem really bitchy and harsh, but honestly? I wouldn't respond to him. Unless it REQUIRES a response. And keep them short, simply "yes" or "no" if at all possible.
Working = properly, in my mind

Yes, it's weird. LOL I just forget that sometimes I have to elaborate. xD

My vent is that neither laptop is working. Argh.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Just remembered I need to go to a pet store and I have no idea where it is. Argh.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-03-2013, 01:45 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Car crap aside, now Jin is down my throat and will NOT leave me alone. This is tidbits he's sent me, just today:

"And yes, you have told me to let you be. And yes, I do accept it... as it was said."

"I'm only trying to cope, and I'm trying to find some solace (and someone to talk to) in this situation, since I live alone in a foreign country, in a 15x15 dorm."

"Like I said, I can't pretend this isn't happening like you can."

"It just really didn't seem like you wanted anything to do with anything."

WTF DO YOU THINK DIVORCE IS YOU ****ING IDIOT?!

LEAVE. ME. ALONE.

Today is going to be such a fun, fun day. I can feel it.
OMG how scary :S is there anything you can do legally? If not I would block him from Facebook & ignore his creepy ass. If nothing can be done legally just delete & ignore the crap out of him ... He might go away on his own ... But just in case he doesn't I would print & catalog every interaction.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Sport Model Pug

I'm making soup today and I went and got all the ingredients yesterday except I forgot an onion. I bought one to use for the burgers yesterday but forgot to get a second one... Grr back to the grocery store I go.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 04-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Top Dog

I would go through the trouble of blocking him, jmo, of course.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
And you don't sound bitchy at all. I know he isn't going to stop, either way. If I talk to him, feeds the fire. If I don't talk to him, he spams everyone else. If that doesn't work, attention ***** statuses on facebook and trashing us to everyone. If that doesn't work, he just continues to spam us without ever getting replies. We're going to have to go through a lot of trouble in blocking numbers, profiles, changing our numbers, etc, etc. It's so out of hand. I think he is just insane.
I happens more frequently than you might think... desperately trying to hold onto things and stop change, and simultaneously pushing people away by their actions.
It's really unfortunate though, and it is a lot of work on your behalf to have to get it to stop. I don't know which cell provider you have but I know Verizon lets you set up a block on their website (up to ten numbers I think.) Luckily you guys don't have kids or anything so blocking him isn't going to cause issues with shuffling kids back and forth or anything. I wonder if you can contact his superior in the army and see if that won't make it stop? I hate the idea of resorting to a restraining order but at a certain point you have to take care of yourself rather than being worried about what kind of affect it might have on him. It's not worth the stress and toll his behaviour is taking on you. That's why you're divorcing him. =/ Buh. ((((HUGS))))

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Top Dog

We are understaffed at work due to a tech and a kennel person quitting. I learned today that they hadn't even advertised yet. An employee whose relative works at a temp agency was supposed to have them send applications, but when that never happened, no one bothered to put in an ad. So. Annoying.
Meanwhile, the receptionists, who have nearly the same quantity of people as we do techs, keep stealing the tech who is able to also do receptionist things. We have no people, stop it. It's also my weekend on call this weekend, meaning two weekends in a row, so I'm mildly bitter, lol.

and, my day off got switched again next week.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
We are understaffed at work due to a tech and a kennel person quitting. I learned today that they hadn't even advertised yet. An employee whose relative works at a temp agency was supposed to have them send applications, but when that never happened, no one bothered to put in an ad. So. Annoying.
Ugh, this makes me FURIOUS. I think it took us over a year to find our last vet assistant. A FREAKING YEAR. When I was hired, they put up the ad as soon as someone quit, and I was working within 2-3 weeks. WHY CAN'T IT ALWAYS WORK LIKE THAT?
Old 04-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
WTF IS THIS ****. Now the engine light is on, all other lights work just fine, but engine won't turn over at all. I click the key and it just...clicks. That's it. NOTHING else. No trying to turn over, no sound, no NOTHING.
This might seem strange, but do you have a car with a security system, or a key with a microchip in it? Logan got a hold of my key for my Caliber when I first got him and chewed it up, and any time the key got wet after that my car would do exactly what you describe. Once the chip fell out completely and did the same thing.

Barring that, I'm more inclined to think battery than alternator. I nursed my car along for several weeks with a bad alternator once. You usually get at least a little bit of warning, such as slow windows, dim lights the night before, or just not acting "right." Or it could be your ignition switch or something.