Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4481  
Old 04-03-2013, 11:50 AM
sillysally's Avatar
sillysally sillysally is offline
Obey the Toad.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A hole in the bottom of the sea.
Posts: 4,972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Annnnnnnd that's why I don't color my hair ... Never have ... Never will ... EVER.

I am too scared of it going wrong lol, plus I like my natural hair color.

My vent: candy crush- why do you have to be so **** ADDICTIVE!!! Your worse then entry birds :/
I had one bad experience with home hair color application and that was enough for me. I had to walk around looking like a weirdo and still had to pay a professional to fix it. I only have it done in a salon now
__________________

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~




Labs do it in the lake.


Reply With Quote
  #4482  
Old 04-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Lyzelle's Avatar
Lyzelle Lyzelle is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,659
Default

So, I get up this morning to go do things I have to do. Bank, doctor, shopping, etc. Get ready, joking around, maybe even procrastinating a bit. Then put animals up.

FINALLY get outside.

Front driver's side tire is completely flat. Other front tire is low. Okay, guess I'll go to Gateway first and get those taken care of.

Get in the car.

Turn the key. Pause. Okay, maybe I didn't have the key in all the way.

Put the key in again. Turn it.

Nothing.

WTF IS THIS ****. Now the engine light is on, all other lights work just fine, but engine won't turn over at all. I click the key and it just...clicks. That's it. NOTHING else. No trying to turn over, no sound, no NOTHING.

Then I look out the drivers side window and realize Jin's best friend and his girlfriend (my now ex best friend thanks to this Jin BS) live in the apartments just across the parking lot.

I. Am. Raging. So. ****ing. Hard.
__________________
Zander and HarleyQuinn
Reply With Quote
  #4483  
Old 04-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Beanie's Avatar
Beanie Beanie is online now
Clicker Cult Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
WTF IS THIS ****. Now the engine light is on, all other lights work just fine, but engine won't turn over at all. I click the key and it just...clicks. That's it. NOTHING else. No trying to turn over, no sound, no NOTHING.
Clicking like you hear click-click-click after you've turned the key? Or you just hear a single click in the tumbler when you turn the key?

Hopefully it's just your battery is dead. Mine was doing the exact same thing. Has been doing the exact same thing for a while actually, there's a slow parasitic drain and it's apparently enough to actually kill a cell in the battery any time between 3-30 days. Lights on, radio will turn out and everything, la la, but the engine isn't even trying to turn over. Anyway odds are your battery is just dead.

If you're hearing the click-click-click and the battery ISN'T dead make sure your starter cables and everything are properly connected. Might also be an issue with/within the starter.
Battery first, that's the easy solution. Sure doesn't make it suck any less though. Sorry, I know it's super frustrating to get in your car and expect it to fire up aaaaand... nothing. =<
__________________


Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Reply With Quote
  #4484  
Old 04-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Lyzelle's Avatar
Lyzelle Lyzelle is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Clicking like you hear click-click-click after you've turned the key? Or you just hear a single click in the tumbler when you turn the key?

Hopefully it's just your battery is dead. Mine was doing the exact same thing. Has been doing the exact same thing for a while actually, there's a slow parasitic drain and it's apparently enough to actually kill a cell in the battery any time between 3-30 days. Lights on, radio will turn out and everything, la la, but the engine isn't even trying to turn over. Anyway odds are your battery is just dead.

If you're hearing the click-click-click and the battery ISN'T dead make sure your starter cables and everything are properly connected. Might also be an issue with/within the starter.
Battery first, that's the easy solution. Sure doesn't make it suck any less though. Sorry, I know it's super frustrating to get in your car and expect it to fire up aaaaand... nothing. =<
It's just the key clicking, no other noise.

I have a battery light and it isn't on, just the engine light. I've had it checked twice in the last two months because some things needed fixed like the belt and the oil needed changed, etc, etc. Nothing was wrong, and they checked the battery because I wasn't sure how long the battery had been in the car. I was also just out not long ago and everything worked fine. No weird noises, no specific lights coming on, nothing.

It's weird.
__________________
Zander and HarleyQuinn
Reply With Quote
  #4485  
Old 04-03-2013, 12:29 PM
RedHotDobe's Avatar
RedHotDobe RedHotDobe is offline
aka RedHotBabe
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,364
Default

Did you check fuses?

I had to replace my ignition column and ignition switch because my ignition decided to be a dumb butt. It's hard to explain, but key goes in one side, engages a piece that turns, small metal piece comes out of that which engages ignition switch. Small metal piece broke off, which broke the ignition switch as well and rendered everything useless. The only thing it didn't break was the steering lock. I replaced the switch and started my car with a screwdriver for awhile. I hope that you DO NOT have to experience that. Super annoying.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4486  
Old 04-03-2013, 12:30 PM
meepitsmeagan's Avatar
meepitsmeagan meepitsmeagan is offline
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southwest Michigan
Posts: 2,381
Default

My Jeep is getting worse. Josh's truck has holes in it and a bad knock.

Why must both our vehicles be taking a crap at the same time?
__________________


Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #4487  
Old 04-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,368
Default

It could also be the alternator ... If the alternator is bad then nothing else will work since the alternator is that gives power to the engine & whatever (I think)

BUT that being said .... When my battery went bad, the light didn't come on either lol
Reply With Quote
  #4488  
Old 04-03-2013, 12:44 PM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
It could also be the alternator ... If the alternator is bad then nothing else will work since the alternator is that gives power to the engine & whatever (I think)

BUT that being said .... When my battery went bad, the light didn't come on either lol
No, it can't. If the alternator was gone, the lights wouldn't be working.
__________________
Ella: 2 1/2 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~7 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #4489  
Old 04-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Lyzelle's Avatar
Lyzelle Lyzelle is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,659
Default

Car crap aside, now Jin is down my throat and will NOT leave me alone. This is tidbits he's sent me, just today:

"And yes, you have told me to let you be. And yes, I do accept it... as it was said."

"I'm only trying to cope, and I'm trying to find some solace (and someone to talk to) in this situation, since I live alone in a foreign country, in a 15x15 dorm."

"Like I said, I can't pretend this isn't happening like you can."

"It just really didn't seem like you wanted anything to do with anything."

WTF DO YOU THINK DIVORCE IS YOU ****ING IDIOT?!

LEAVE. ME. ALONE.

Today is going to be such a fun, fun day. I can feel it.
__________________
Zander and HarleyQuinn
Reply With Quote
  #4490  
Old 04-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Beanie's Avatar
Beanie Beanie is online now
Clicker Cult Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
No, it can't. If the alternator was gone, the lights wouldn't be working.
Frequently lights won't come on or are dim with a bad alternator but they certainly can turn on. And if it's daylight Lyzelle might not notice if they are dimmer than usual. A dome light and/or headlight test are ways to check your alternator if the car won't start.

But IMO if there have been no other issues until all of a sudden it's more likely to be the battery.



As far as Jin goes... it might seem really bitchy and harsh, but honestly? I wouldn't respond to him. Unless it REQUIRES a response. And keep them short, simply "yes" or "no" if at all possible.
__________________


Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site