Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Top Dog

Someone posted a very graphic picture of Kevin Ware's injury.....and now I cant stop thinking about it and wanting/not wanting to see more.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Someone posted a very graphic picture of Kevin Ware's injury.....and now I cant stop thinking about it and wanting/not wanting to see more.
My co-worker told me about it. Apparently when it happened players on either bench started getting sick, crying, et cetera, and they keep replaying the video over and over all over the place. I am lucky that I didn't see it and they didn't even bring it up during the part of the game we saw... I could have gone without hearing him describe what happened too honestly.

I feel so bad for the kid. He's probably going to have to go through at least a year of rehab.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Top Dog

Apparently CBS is said to have handled it well, only showed a distant replay a couple times. most of the pics I have seen are NOT of the injury and are ok....but yeah, a couple seemed to have leaked out over the internet.

I mean, its a compound fracture. They happen but not something you would ever expect to see in a basketball game from landing wrong.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:55 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I had to google it because that was the first I heard of it & read a news article about it ... Poor kid I wish him a speedy recovery

Old 04-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Apparently I sprained my foot and ankle?

ugh...

Saturday morning I woke up with my right foot in tremendous pain. It was hard to walk, but I took some tylenol and suffered through it because I had to go to work.

Then... Sunday morning I woke up with it hurting worse, probably from walking on it at work all day Saturday... but... I had to go to work so I got up and hobbled my way through work.

Sunday after work I kept going back and forth about whether I should go to the ER. Finally I made the decision to go and my hubby took me. My toes were puffy and red and they took X-rays to confirm that nothing was broken.

I'm not sure why my foot was hurting so bad considering I do not remember doing anything to hurt it. I didn't fall, I didn't trip over anything, I didn't twist it that I could recall... just woke up to it hurting badly.

They ended up calling it a sprain, giving me ibuprofen and sending me on my way home with my stupid foot wrapped up and gave me crutches. I'm not convinced it's a sprain honestly.

To make matters worse... they told me not to go back to work till Wednesday and gave me a doctor's note. I was able to get my shift covered for today, but NO ONE can cover my shift tomorrow and I'm the shift leader so ONLY a shift leader can cover and there HAS to be a shift leader... so I'm screwed if I can't find anyone to cover my shift tomorrow and my foot still hurts like a bitch.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:35 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Sparks, I have started to take take immune support gummy vitamins that have vitamin c, zinc, and echinacea. They taste incredible and I actually look forward to taking them everyday! I bet Hannah would love them!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 04-01-2013, 11:37 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

The shoulder I got kicked on has been hurting a lot lately, like in the last few months for some reason ... It's causing me more trouble then when it first happened :/ (when it initially happened it didn't hurt 'that' bad believe it or not ) but now if I put too much strain on it during a workout or training with the dogs (buddy is a leash puller & I play a lot of tug with Josefina with her toy) it also used to hurt if horses yanked me around too much. (I work out with those resistance excersise bands with the handles on each end).

I never went to the hospital for it, so I never knew exactly what if any injury was there. When I lie down sometimes it goes numb & aches unless I prop it up a certain way. If I sit & work at my computer for a while I get sharp shooting pains down my arm.

I knowninshould go to the hospital but I have no insurance, no job right now & no money plus I am afraid of what they will tell me

Old 04-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Top Dog

It's Autism Acceptance Month and I can't find my freaking Neurodiversity shirt!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
Sparks, I have started to take take immune support gummy vitamins that have vitamin c, zinc, and echinacea. They taste incredible and I actually look forward to taking them everyday! I bet Hannah would love them!
They may not be safe for children.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:01 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
They may not be safe for children.
I'm pretty sure they are children's gummy vitamins. I'm not 100% but I am pretty sure.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)