Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-01-2013, 01:50 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Still on? Get in chat! If not, I'll just PM you. :P Don't want to derail things.
Totally missed you, sorry No worries though, we'll talk tomorrow!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:21 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

It's Monday. Can Monday be an April fools?

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 04-01-2013, 09:27 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Hannah is sick... AGAIN. This is the third time in less than two months. I don't get it. She hasn't been sick (more than just a cold) in over a year and then suddenly she went FLU, Bronchitis... and now this. This I am guessing is either Strep Throat... or I'm really going to ask the doctor to check for symptoms of mono. The way she's presenting is EXACTLY how I presented with mono although I wasn't a mere 5 years old. I kind of have a paranoia about mono but I'm going to bring it up anyway.

She woke up yesterday with a 101 fever and complaining of a sore throat and a sore back. I checked her throat and it looked like the beginning of little white spots. 101 fever this morning, checked her throat again but it's so much more swollen this morning than yesterday that I can't really see with the flashlight I have. Still complaining of a sore back... this is kinda what makes me wonder about mono. I had the severe throat swelling and with the swollen organs my whole midsection hurt. I shouldn't speculate but... I'm gonna mention it lol. Poor thing has just been lying in her bed moaning during the brief times she's been awake today.

She fell asleep last night at 6. I went in to check on her around 7:30 to find she had a mild diarrhea accident in her underwear. She went to the bathroom and got cleaned up and then she was awake for a bit and then fell back asleep around 10. Slept all night except to get up to go potty and woke up at 7 this morning moaning and crying. Brought her into my bed and snuggled her and she fell back asleep until 9:45 at which point I called the doc and made the apt and she goes in at 11:45

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-01-2013, 09:32 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I've been sick 4 times this fall/winter (bronchitis, flu, bronchitis that turned to pneumonia, sinus infection) so I think it may just be some really bad allergens in the air this season.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 04-01-2013, 09:50 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I have been lucky ... I dodged most of the sickness this winter, but we don't have overly harsh winters here

Old 04-01-2013, 09:54 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I have been lucky ... I dodged most of the sickness this winter, but we don't have overly harsh winters here
Same here. It's a miracle really... I work with young children daily and we are always in public places touching everything and Hannah has been quite ill three times in a month and a half and I have yet to catch anything. *knock on wood* hubby caught it when she had a stomach flu... but I escaped that one. When she got bronchitis... I escaped that one too. I am hoping hoping hoping that I can avoid this one, too... whatever it is.

Hannah is just not a sickly child and she has NEVER been sick so many times in one year let alone a month and a half. She MAYBE gets one illness a year that takes her down and out. We went a year and a half with our only doctor visit being her yearly check up. This is extremely unusual.

I know I am probably being overly dramatic and paranoid but my heart hurts for her and it scares me a little to see her so sick so often right now.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I don't want to own dogs today

They're not even being worse than normal, I just want to be lazy and do NOTHING.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:10 AM
aka RedHotBabe

I can't decide which color shoes to buy.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Last Sunday I got the Target ad in my e-mail and was flipping through and saw the Pikachu 3DS XL. I've been out of the video game loop so I had no idea this was coming out. But I wanted it because Pikachu.
So after obsessively checking my bank account and looking at all my bills and determining that yes, I had the money to go buy it, I went to Target - and they didn't have any but the guy told me they were going to get more, he just didn't know when. I went over to Best Buy because I knew they would price match but they didn't have any. I didn't think to hit Wal-Mart or Meijer which would both also price match... just didn't think of it. Or even to try Toys R Us.

I didn't realize LIMITED EDITION meant SERIOUSLY. LIMITED EDITION. YOU CAN'T HAVE ONE.
And I'm kicking myself for not having looked harder last Sunday because now I can't find one anywhere and probably won't be able to. They're selling on ebay for $300 or something. No online retailers have them either so even if I wanted to pay the $200 normal 3DS price I couldn't get one anyway...
and the STUPID thing is that walmart.com told me the Wal-mart the next town over had some Thursday, but I was exhausted and didn't want to drive all the way over there. so I didn't. and now they're sold out of course.

I got a raincheck at Target on Saturday but the girl at the electronics desk told me they were supposed to go discontinued after that week, and some poking around online last night has confirmed they're discontinued. I'm guessing if Target isn't getting anymore, probably nobody else is either. Whomp whomp.

I'm way more bummed out than I should be over a video game system that looks like a pokemon. I hit Target first thing this morning for Easter clearance and took a peek just in case... then tried Meijer too (apparently people were having luck at Meijer because people forget that Meijer is not just a grocery/drug store) and no go.
I think REALLY what is bothering me is that a lot of people who purchased them apparently bought them, not because they want them, but just to sell them on ebay for jacked up prices. And that depresses me.

On the other hand I suppose I saved myself $160-odd bucks that I really didn't NEED to spend. Because now I really don't care to go buy any other 3DS. I only wanted it for like all of two games anyway. And because Pikachu.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-01-2013, 10:34 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Same here. It's a miracle really... I work with young children daily and we are always in public places touching everything and Hannah has been quite ill three times in a month and a half and I have yet to catch anything. *knock on wood* hubby caught it when she had a stomach flu... but I escaped that one. When she got bronchitis... I escaped that one too. I am hoping hoping hoping that I can avoid this one, too... whatever it is.

Hannah is just not a sickly child and she has NEVER been sick so many times in one year let alone a month and a half. She MAYBE gets one illness a year that takes her down and out. We went a year and a half with our only doctor visit being her yearly check up. This is extremely unusual.

I know I am probably being overly dramatic and paranoid but my heart hurts for her and it scares me a little to see her so sick so often right now.
I'm sure

Maybe being exposed to all those germs strengthened your immune system?

In regards to Hannah have you tried immune supplements (first I would ask her doc about it cuz I don't know about giving these to kids) like zinc, C & lysine for her