Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-23-2013, 12:38 AM
Top Dog

Les Mis was FINALLY at the cheap movie theatre ($3.50) but today was the last day...and I missed the last showing by THIRTY FREAKING MINUTES.

I guess I'll just have to rent it on Amazon or something. I was really wanting to see it in a theatre though

ETA: WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!! THE SCROLL BAR JUST DIDN'T LOAD! It's still showing tomorrow, yay!

Last edited by Saeleofu; 03-23-2013 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:42 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Missed the first leg of our trip to Ireland by approximately 30 seconds. They were closing the gate as we ran up. It is "our fault" for "only" getting to the airport 2 hours early (you have to get there 3 hours early according to ticket policy). There are no more open seats for 3 days due to spring breakers. Our only option is to purchase brand new tickets for Monday night.

Whole trip is canceled. Non-refundably.

This sucks. I have been in tears since 5:30 pm.
That's awful. I am so, so sorry.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 03-23-2013, 05:47 AM
Sit! Good dog.

It's my friends wedding day and snowing it's a 2 hour journey at the best of times, so we can't go.

I'm gutted! And just want to set off and see, I don't think the roads will be that bad once we go, but it's a big risk as cars have been stranded in other places
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 03-23-2013, 09:05 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Ok seriously... it's 9 am. Why do the neighbors feel the need to blare their music and rattle my walls with their bass?

I mean I know why... the sister that owns the house is not home so the mooch sister who sponges off of her takes advantage of that and blares the music.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-23-2013, 10:29 AM
Top Dog

Thanks guys. This morning I'm feeling mostly just embarrassed that we messed up. Looked to rebook everything for the summer time, but it was going to be twice as expensive (and we already paid for the first trip, so we'd be paying 3x what we originally planned) and it's just not in the budget for my travel buddy.

Tried to email all the B&Bs and excursions we had planned to see if we could get any money refunded. Hopefully we aren't out the full $1500 we had each budgeted out. The boat tour told us that the weather was so horrible that they canceled their tours this weekend anyway, so there's some solace in that...
Old 03-23-2013, 11:50 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Thanks guys. This morning I'm feeling mostly just embarrassed that we messed up. Looked to rebook everything for the summer time, but it was going to be twice as expensive (and we already paid for the first trip, so we'd be paying 3x what we originally planned) and it's just not in the budget for my travel buddy.

Tried to email all the B&Bs and excursions we had planned to see if we could get any money refunded. Hopefully we aren't out the full $1500 we had each budgeted out. The boat tour told us that the weather was so horrible that they canceled their tours this weekend anyway, so there's some solace in that...
Gosh ... That is terrible I couldn't imagine being dealt a blow like that. Hope it works out the the better.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Top Dog

My favorite boarder came in yesterday. She's the only Bulldog I can honestly say I find adorable (no offense to Bulldog people) and if they ever gave her up I'd take her in a second. She's definitely not a 'to standard' bred dog. She has chronic Demodex issues as well as likely allergies. Her owners, one of whom is a medical person of some type, will let us put her on meds when she boards, but going by her skin when she comes in any other time, they don't continue at home. She came in this time and she's got massive bald spots, wounds from tearing herself up, her ears are a mess, and she's lost 3 lbs, so her spine is very visible. Her owners said nothing when dropping her off. She was again prescribed meds, but come on now..

They've given her away once and she was returned when that person didn't want to take care of the skin issues either. So sad
Old 03-23-2013, 04:38 PM
Plus One

My boss was supposed to look after the horses tonight Since I'm sick. She just text me saying that she couldn't muck out because one of the TWO pitchforks Is broken and I didn't tell her. Of course the reason I didn't tell her was because it happened last night, when I was sick, freezing, getting pelted with hail and trying to work out how to squeeze 3 horses
to 2 stables because the roof was threatening to come off the third stable. Then I had to make sure the 2 mares had more than enough to eat so they wouldn't fight.

All of which means that tomorrow I'll have to spend double the amount of time trying to fix the mess the stables will be in. I should have just worked even though I'm sick. It would have been less trouble.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

i'm exhausted and my back hurts and I really want to just run a hot bath and soak.

but my friend's birthday party (the one dating my co-worker) is in a couple hours. and they are both my friends so of course I want to go. but I don't because it will just be a mass of people being really loud and drinking a lot.

maybe I will go just for a bit... just to make an appearance... then I can come home and go to sleep.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-23-2013, 09:18 PM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
She has chronic Demodex issues as well as likely allergies. Her owners, one of whom is a medical person of some type, will let us put her on meds when she boards, but going by her skin when she comes in any other time, they don't continue at home.
Have you talked to them about it, or are you assuming that they don't take care of her skin at home because of how she looks when she comes in? I just put my American Bulldog down a couple days ago. He consistently looked like a severely neglected rescue dog for the horrible state of his weight, coat and skin, yet this was a dog I spent nearly $10,000 over the course of a couple years attempting to treat for his issues. I apologize if you know for a fact that the dog was not treated for her skin issues and allergies, but it hits a raw nerve (because I've gotten a whole LOT of nasty looks, and comments, about my own dog) when people assume that because an illness isn't getting better = dog isn't being treated for it.