Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Top Dog

I freaking HATE our slow as f*** racist, homophobic, dried-up, dumbass agent!!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Top Dog

We decided on divorce less than 24 hours ago, and he told me he was going to fly out Saturday to visit Phoenix before flying out of Baltimore. Because he wanted to visit or see people.

My mental response: "Because....Phoenix whores." Nice to see he's taking this so well.

Lyz and Zander
zaner-waner-fluffy-butt <3

'05 Siberian Husky

Old 03-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
We decided on divorce less than 24 hours ago, and he told me he was going to fly out Saturday to visit Phoenix before flying out of Baltimore. Because he wanted to visit or see people.

My mental response: "Because....Phoenix whores." Nice to see he's taking this so well.

So sorry you're having to go through this and you've had a quite the insane few months, but clearly, you are FAR better off without him!!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post

Well, honestly, I'm happy you've decided on divorce. From what you've told me, 'patching things up' seemed unrealistic at this time. At least you'll have some closure before he leaves the country. (And that would be SO much more stress on you.) Now you have a clear picture of where your relationship is at and you can move forward with your life.

I'm sorry that he's being so childish about all of this, but, really, this is why you're divorcing. The more stupid decisions he makes, the more you can tell yourself "THIS is why we're not together anymore." I really hope his time away from you (and everything he knows) sobers him up but I have to admit I think it will come too late, if it ever.

I'm excited to see where this new path takes you. And I can't wait to visit you!

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 03-21-2013, 07:27 PM
Silence, peasants.

I have bronchitis.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 03-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Jelly baby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
I have bronchitis.
Me too. Bleh.

Vortex Canine - Custom Harnesses and Leashes

"Never cruel nor cowardly. Never give up. Never give in."
~The Doctor
Old 03-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

If there are two sections at a dog park, one large and one small, but the small area doesn't say specifically for small dogs, it just says that it is a smaller area, that does NOT mean only small dogs are allowed. It is NOT against the rules to bring a large dog in that area. If your small dog doesn't like large dogs do NOT get huffy because someone brings a large dog into an area that allows dogs off leash, that does not specify only small dogs allowed. Period.

If your dog is aggrressive, small or large, don't bring it to the dog park. Period.

I haven't had any issues, but people on facebook are all huffy because someone brought a large dog into the smaller fenced section of the dog park that is generally where small dogs go, but is NOT a small dog specific area. Yes, I get it. Small dogs get injured or scared easily, but it's not OK to berate others who are following the rules because your dog has an issue. It's just not OK. argh.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290 View Post
If there are two sections at a dog park, one large and one small, but the small area doesn't say specifically for small dogs, it just says that it is a smaller area, that does NOT mean only small dogs are allowed. It is NOT against the rules to bring a large dog in that area. If your small dog doesn't like large dogs do NOT get huffy because someone brings a large dog into an area that allows dogs off leash, that does not specify only small dogs allowed. Period.

If your dog is aggrressive, small or large, don't bring it to the dog park. Period.

I haven't had any issues, but people on facebook are all huffy because someone brought a large dog into the smaller fenced section of the dog park that is generally where small dogs go, but is NOT a small dog specific area. Yes, I get it. Small dogs get injured or scared easily, but it's not OK to berate others who are following the rules because your dog has an issue. It's just not OK. argh.
Most of the dog parks I've been to ignore that rule if the dog is well behaved. And, actually, most of the dog parks regulars had one huge dog and one tiny dog. Some of the Yorkies played more roughly than the pit mixes. I think it matters if the dog comes barging in, getting in everyone's face (which any size dog can do) but otherwise, it really shouldn't be an issue.

Although I'm not sure the man who owned the Iggie would be pleased to see a Great Dane galloping in the small dog area. (Our areas do says for small dogs). We would go to whichever had the dogs (or didn't if we wanted to train a bit) unless the dogs in the big dog area were rough. Gwen tends to fall in between the lines, but we generally go to the big dog area. I think some people tend to think the small dog area is for 'prissy' dogs who just want to run around or play fetch and don't want/need interaction with other dogs. It's very frustrating.

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 03-21-2013, 09:53 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
Well, honestly, I'm happy you've decided on divorce. From what you've told me, 'patching things up' seemed unrealistic at this time. At least you'll have some closure before he leaves the country. (And that would be SO much more stress on you.) Now you have a clear picture of where your relationship is at and you can move forward with your life.

I'm sorry that he's being so childish about all of this, but, really, this is why you're divorcing. The more stupid decisions he makes, the more you can tell yourself "THIS is why we're not together anymore." I really hope his time away from you (and everything he knows) sobers him up but I have to admit I think it will come too late, if it ever.

I'm excited to see where this new path takes you. And I can't wait to visit you!
Agreed with all this... I know you can't really get a picture of somebody's relationship just based on what one party posts online, but from what you have shared, it sounds like you've been really unhappy for quite a while. It really sounds like it's the best decision and FAR better to have this happen now than when you are overseas. I'm sorry, it sucks, it's probably going to be a crappy ride. But I hope you are able to heal and move forward and on to better things.

My vent... this afternoon I talked to Best Buy and they were supposed to fix my computer tonight and I would be able to pick it up tomorrow. I was watching basketball so I missed the phone call telling me "there's a problem and it's not just the hard drive." So they want to ship it away to Louisville, KY and have it worked on at their repair shop. I am NOT confident that they are correct that there's a problem beyond just the hard drive.
However if they are idiots enough to not be able to fix it, I get a whole new computer for the $75 I plopped down for my warranty extension. So I guess I better hope they are too stupid to fix it and I can just get myself a new computer.
I'm waiting on hold right now to talk to somebody and see what, exactly, they think is the problem beyond the hard drive dying. I just really don't believe them.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
So sorry you're having to go through this and you've had a quite the insane few months, but clearly, you are FAR better off without him!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Agreed with all this... I know you can't really get a picture of somebody's relationship just based on what one party posts online, but from what you have shared, it sounds like you've been really unhappy for quite a while. It really sounds like it's the best decision and FAR better to have this happen now than when you are overseas. I'm sorry, it sucks, it's probably going to be a crappy ride. But I hope you are able to heal and move forward and on to better things.
Thank you all for the support and to the others farther back to offered it as well, (Sael?). It has been a hellacious ride, but the push of Italy on my back is what eventually lead me to a screeching halt. I was barely keeping afloat the last two years, what was going to happen when we were completely secluded in a different country? When I couldn't just walk or drive away? When I was truly and honestly stuck?

It's been a back and forth process, but we are both pretty serene about it all. While he is making underhand attempts at this, I'm trying to keep him at arms length and beyond. But since we decided, there have been no arguments, no fights, no hate or resentment. And I would like to hope it might stay that way, even if I know deep down, with his attitude, temperament, and entitlement, it may very well not once he realizes I'm not coming back this time.

I know others saw it quicker than me, but I'm happy most everyone has been supporting rather than in my face with a "I told you so!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
I have bronchitis.
Just because I can't resist, and it makes me smile..."Aint nobody got time for that!" But seriously, I hope you get better soon.

Lyz and Zander
zaner-waner-fluffy-butt <3

'05 Siberian Husky