Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-15-2013, 06:41 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
With most insurance, even with a deductible, your doctor's visits are usually covered for the cost of the copay. My insurance has a $1000 deductible, but I still just pay the office copay ($25 in my case). Everything done in office is still covered.
I think a lot of insurances changed this - mine, my parents, and my sister's (three different companies) now require that you meet your deductible before they'll do anything. Mine covers one "wellness" visit a year, anything after that is out of pocket until you hit the $650/$1000/whatever mark.

Paviche there should be a number on the card you can call to clarify. My insurance is super awesome about answering questions and explaining things to me.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 03-15-2013, 07:06 AM
Behavior Nerd

It's probably a high deductible plan - do you have a health savings account attached? We switched to a high deductible plan this year which means nothing but wellness exams are covered until we hit something like $1500 per person, but the HSA contributions cover the expenses up to the deductible pretty much.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:39 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
My grandma had an MRI and an MRI with contrast this morning. The neurologist says she had an "acute mini stroke" and also saw a spot that shows she has had a mini stroke in the past.
Tonight she is having some kind of blood oxygen test done to see what her oxygen levels are like while sleeping. She was diagnosed with sleep apnea years ago but refuses to wear her CPAP mask. The neurologist gave her a very stern talking to about how that can cause stroke and heart attacks. A few weeks ago she apparently felt like her chest was tight so tomorrow they are doing a full workup on her heart and chest as well.

She's feeling much better but she is in the hospital tonight, spent last night sitting in the ER. They are pretty sure she can go home tomorrow at least.

I don't like this one bit and I'm terrified of what the chest workup might show and that even if the doctor says YOU NEED TO WEAR THE CPAP IF YOU WANT TO STILL BE HERE she will do it for a few days, then get stubborn as usual and stop using it. We've been telling her for YEARS she needs to wear that mask...

Terrible rotten horrible no-good day. I had a friend who was supposed to come down this weekend but I told her it's probably best not, because my stomach has been acting up and I'm afraid I picked up the gastroenteritis and don't want to share, plus I didn't know what was going to happen with my grandma. So I don't even have a fun weekend to look forward to like I was. =<
Hugs. I know the feeling. My Grandma has crappy health and refused to wear her CPAP too. She doesn't need it now thankfully but it seems like it's always something recently with her health
It's a horrible feeling having to watch and not really being able to do much to help.
Sending lots of vibes for your Grandma.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:02 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Has the leaving bug bad today. Shouldn't be surprised. I don't know how I will ever just settle down and be happy in one place unless it is the perfect vision in my head.

Also, apparently I'm super emotional today. At work. For no reason. Awesome.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 03-15-2013, 11:27 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I usually DO answer questions. When they're addressed to ME, not when they're addressed to someone else. If someone wants to ask ME questions 99% of the time I am more than willing to answer. It's when idiots start assuming I'm incapable eof answering that I get pissed off.
Meh ... Don't let "idiots" irritate you, I know they can be irritating but remember ... You only have to deal with them for like five minutes, they have to deal with them selves all the time ... Lol at lest that's what I try to tell myself.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Top Dog

Pondering about what I'm going to do with my life and that little voice pops into my head "You know you could try for vet school when you get your BS in Biology". Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh get out thoughts! No more school!

Old 03-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Sport Model Pug

I hate coming up with titles for my photos. I'm terrible at it.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 03-15-2013, 03:17 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

I slept in until 1:00pm today. Why? Because the homeless person (who is my sister's boyfriend's best friend... yeah.) that my family is helping out has a job at target that starts at 4am. We live about 30 minutes outside of town so that means I have to get up to take him to work at 3 am.

We have 9 dogs and 6 people living in our 4 bedroom suburban house. 7 border collies, a pug and our hobo visitor's chihuahua mix who is intact and tries to attack Sadie and Riot every time she sees them.

My oldest sister is literally crazy. A few years ago she had a brain lesion caused by her MS, and went completely off the deep end. She tried to flee the country, thought her purpose in life was to assassinate Michael Jackson (no idea if he was actually alive at that point), thought she could do magic, destroyed her iPhone because she thought the government was watching her, punched a cop and tried to commit suicide. She was fine, for awhile. She even thought she was "fine" enough to have a baby (big mistake IMO, but Mattie is great), and now it seems as though it is happening again. Less severe, but now she is determined to become an accomplished musician, which would be easier if she had some actual musical talent. The most alarming is that Mattie has been her second priority lately, to the music, and it's so bad that my mom had to come out to live here indefinitely to take care of Mattie, and Karen.

Also I think that all of this stress may have triggered some sort of immune system fail, because I've been sick with all sorts of different things for like a month.

All this while we're planning a litter. We are insane people.

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 03-15-2013, 03:38 PM
<(<) <()> (>)>

The Internet needs to stop telling me that college plus dog is a good idea.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByBCs View Post
I slept in until 1:00pm today. Why? Because the homeless person (who is my sister's boyfriend's best friend... yeah.) that my family is helping out has a job at target that starts at 4am. We live about 30 minutes outside of town so that means I have to get up to take him to work at 3 am.

We have 9 dogs and 6 people living in our 4 bedroom suburban house. 7 border collies, a pug and our hobo visitor's chihuahua mix who is intact and tries to attack Sadie and Riot every time she sees them.

My oldest sister is literally crazy. A few years ago she had a brain lesion caused by her MS, and went completely off the deep end. She tried to flee the country, thought her purpose in life was to assassinate Michael Jackson (no idea if he was actually alive at that point), thought she could do magic, destroyed her iPhone because she thought the government was watching her, punched a cop and tried to commit suicide. She was fine, for awhile. She even thought she was "fine" enough to have a baby (big mistake IMO, but Mattie is great), and now it seems as though it is happening again. Less severe, but now she is determined to become an accomplished musician, which would be easier if she had some actual musical talent. The most alarming is that Mattie has been her second priority lately, to the music, and it's so bad that my mom had to come out to live here indefinitely to take care of Mattie, and Karen.

Also I think that all of this stress may have triggered some sort of immune system fail, because I've been sick with all sorts of different things for like a month.

All this while we're planning a litter. We are insane people.
Wait wait wait...

You have a pug?

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug