Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-13-2013, 07:40 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Yeah ... He'd better be lucky he didn't to that here or more importantly, in a rural area because he prolly would have had a shotgun or pistol in his face.

That being said ... Seriously ... Yikes! How scary! :S. makes one want to carry a cattle prod (which I actually did back when I was single) I would have waited for him to stick his arm I to the car & would have nailed him! 50K volts usually does the trick.

I am glad you are ok tho ... At least physically that is, bummer on the car tho
Yeah no kidding

Something similar happened to my dad once. Guy was bring a jackass because I guess my dad wasn't driving fast enough for him and he was riding his bumper and swerving about trying to pass him, finally passed my dad and then purposely cut him off and when they came to a red light the guy got out an charged up to my dads car and tried to get my dad out of the car, when he couldn't open the door (locked obviously lol) he took his fist and slammed it on the windshield smashing the glass.

Scary

I have the utmost respect for police but thwy don't have time
Machines. As the saying goes "when seconds count the police are minutes away"

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-13-2013, 07:40 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
The police protect me, you just have to ask nicely and be cute.

(Seriously, I don't respond nicely to blanket hatred)
Hey don't laugh, I have gotten out of some would be high dollar tickets by being "nice & cute" lol
Old 03-13-2013, 07:41 PM
such sights to show you

Holy hyperbole.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Yeah ... He'd better be lucky he didn't to that here or more importantly, in a rural area because he prolly would have had a shotgun or pistol in his face.

That being said ... Seriously ... Yikes! How scary! :S. makes one want to carry a cattle prod (which I actually did back when I was single) I would have waited for him to stick his arm I to the car & would have nailed him! 50K volts usually does the trick.

I am glad you are ok tho ... At least physically that is, bummer on the car tho
Thanks! Yes, usually we have the rifle with when we make longer trips and we were kicking ourselves that we didn't have it. This is the exact reason I am going to be carrying when I'm 21. Not happening then, I wouldn't have HAD to call the police, because I would have my own protection that is a lot more reliable.

Eta; I was actually surprised when he didnt have a shotgun with him when he jumped out of his truck. Because we WERE in a rural area were I grew up and people ARE like that.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 03-13-2013, 07:46 PM
Resident fainting goat

Merlin is starting his pre-teen angsty rebellions. Is that normal around 6 months?

I can actually see the wheels turning and see him DECIDING to not listen to me. I know you KNOW what sit means Merlin.

And people are so FRUSTRATING. Like, I think it's great so many people want to meet him but when I say "I'm training him not to jump" or am obviously stepping on his leash, don't say "OH IT'S OK" and then encourage him to jump on you.
It won't be so ok when he weighs 50 pounds!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:50 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Why? Because they prove there's no reason to trust them for anything?

Unfortunately, I cannot press charges against someone or file an insurance claim WITHOUT a police report.
But that's my confusion, by doing so are you not gaining from the system? Are they not helping you not have to pay for the car alone?
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:51 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Thanks! Yes, usually we have the rifle with when we make longer trips and we were kicking ourselves that we didn't have it. This is the exact reason I am going to be carrying when I'm 21. Not happening then, I wouldn't have HAD to call the police, because I would have my own protection that is a lot more reliable.

Eta; I was actually surprised when he didnt have a shotgun with him when he jumped out of his truck. Because we WERE in a rural area were I grew up and people ARE like that.
Here a lot of "city" (no offense to anyone) folk that come through small towns & find that most country folks aren't ... Well much in a hurry to drive anywhere (ESP at night ... Never know what could run out in front of you) there have been instances where a road eager tried to "jump" one of these down home country boys & ended up with a rifle or shotgun in their face.

Yeah ... Not gonna fly in the boonies dudes. :P.

Ironically I just got my tuck tuned up & it runs like a dream ... So in the event I ever have to burn rubber ... I will be more then able
Old 03-13-2013, 07:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
But that's my confusion, by doing so are you not gaining from the system? Are they not helping you not have to pay for the car alone?
And this is where it comes down to it. I hate it ALL, but until I get out, I have to play by the system's rules. I wouldn't have a car or have to worry about it at all if I could just... be homeless and survive in this society. BUT, since I do... I need it to take care of me until I can get that money to change it all and never spend another dime here. Sort of like how I HATE GMOs and food containing them, but I just cannot afford to ship in some foods so we do have to eat some with GMOs. Hate it, but do it to survive.

So yes, they would be helping me if I could do that. But I can't, so they didn't. They would not dispatch anyone to do anything so I *am* screwed.

Quote:
Here a lot of "city" (no offense to anyone) folk that come through small towns & find that most country folks aren't ... Well much in a hurry to drive anywhere (ESP at night ... Never know what could run out in front of you) there have been instances where a road eager tried to "jump" one of these down home country boys & ended up with a rifle or shotgun in their face.

Yeah ... Not gonna fly in the boonies dudes. :P.

Ironically I just got my tuck tuned up & it runs like a dream ... So in the event I ever have to burn rubber ... I will be more then able
Haha! Mine hanlded suprisingly well up until the "Oh I need his license plate number" thought, then he had taken off and I was stranded in the dust. :P

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 03-13-2013, 07:58 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Watching Pretty Little Liars... Marionettes seriously freak me out.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-13-2013, 08:00 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Oh it is not just the money although with all the fees, lawyers fees (i seriously recommend a reputable one for this type of thing), and all the extras like physicals, fingerprints, etc etc... It really piles up but also the time among other things. We were married and it took us FIVE years. Now that is not neasecarily typical but certainly possible. Te immigration process is like a labyrinth, a maze. After finally finding a good, reputable lawyer that helped us navigate and was our spear head things finally started moving but even then INS tried to get money from us that we didn't owe. After submitting our request for permission to submit request for immigration and getting that paperwork we were able to submit everything else only to get a letter with lots of threatening legal jargon to the tune of "you didn't submit valid paperwork and you must pay $500 so we can approve it or your immigration application will be terminated". Had it just been us we would have ponied up the dough thinking we missed one of the many "pre application application" forms but luckily our lawyer was like NUH UH and wrote a stern letter back tellin them we had representation and that we submitted every piece of paper required. Things moved a little more quickly after that.

But yeah it isn't just money. I agree that if you really want something you should go for it but yeah immigration is not like buying a house or taking out a loan. It is like a really expensive colonoscopy and pap all in one lol
I totally respect that, it has been hell on the friends I know who've immigrated, I genuinely figured if she did it shed do it off the radar.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.