Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I took tylenol flu daytime instead of nighttime. ****.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 03-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I'm still timesick and I have a headahce and the angle of the sun is NOT helping It's getting better with the help of melatonin and 5HTP, but ****, I want to be over it already.
I'm glad I'm not the only one being messed up since the time change. Felt like crap, and kinda walk around in a daze. Feel confused? but not.. but mehhh I don't do well with change and now it's light out ALL THE TIME AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:55 PM
Top Dog

My vent for the day:

I can't figure out who is a worse owner, the lady with three intact labs who is rehoming the youngest, but all three have issues that are basic simple train your dog and it wouldn't happen issues she's ignored. She's a 'retired' breeder I think but still has three dogs and is rehoming the youngest because her new boyfriend will only let her move in with two dogs...

Or, the lady with an intact male lab who lives near a boarding kennel, in the country, no fence, and is annoyed because the kennel has the nerve to complain about her dog wandering over all the time and is now catching the dog and calling animal control, and she is giving the dog up because she can't afford the fine next time. No idea why she can't get him snipped or build a dog run or something to make sure he stays where he's supposed to and doesn't slip his collar off and go wandering...
Old 03-13-2013, 07:58 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
May I ask why you haven't left the country?

How do you feel about government protecting copyrights?
Argh, this is my pet peeve. People who are just like oh why not just leave the country. Like it's just that easy. Sorry no anger towards you but this idea of "well just leave the country" like it is like moving to anoter town drives me bananas. It is HARD, and EXPENSIVE And if you don't want more government in your life trying to immigrate is exactly the opposite way of doing that lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Oh it's not my goal at all, it was purely intrigue, if you hate the government why choose to live in said country? This is not like saying if you don't like Obama or if you don't like guns just get out cause this is my USA, it's more of if you prefer a lesser governed place of living why not explore alternative options.

Additionally it's my pet peeve that money can often be used as an excuse for not "just do(ing) it". I'm in debt, several thousand, and digging my way out slowly (we paid off three CCs and we're working on the fourth) because of the move but we did it, we took the leap because it was that worth it to us. Sure, we can't just as easily buy up but we can buy down, we live in a smaller house in a far less respectable neighborhood but again, it was worth it to us. There are always exceptions but in general the where there is a will there is a way saying does hold true, it just becomes more about how hard are you willing to work for it and how many sacrifices are you willing to make.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Further, it sounds like the effort is being made to make the change so not it's exactly irrelevant to ask why not leave.

If you're unhappy do something about it, it may take time and sacrifice but don't let yourself get trapped in the "but".
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:28 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Oh it is not just the money although with all the fees, lawyers fees (i seriously recommend a reputable one for this type of thing), and all the extras like physicals, fingerprints, etc etc... It really piles up but also the time among other things. We were married and it took us FIVE years. Now that is not neasecarily typical but certainly possible. Te immigration process is like a labyrinth, a maze. After finally finding a good, reputable lawyer that helped us navigate and was our spear head things finally started moving but even then INS tried to get money from us that we didn't owe. After submitting our request for permission to submit request for immigration and getting that paperwork we were able to submit everything else only to get a letter with lots of threatening legal jargon to the tune of "you didn't submit valid paperwork and you must pay $500 so we can approve it or your immigration application will be terminated". Had it just been us we would have ponied up the dough thinking we missed one of the many "pre application application" forms but luckily our lawyer was like NUH UH and wrote a stern letter back tellin them we had representation and that we submitted every piece of paper required. Things moved a little more quickly after that.

But yeah it isn't just money. I agree that if you really want something you should go for it but yeah immigration is not like buying a house or taking out a loan. It is like a really expensive colonoscopy and pap all in one lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-13-2013, 08:32 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Wow. I was driving behind this guy today who had a problem with me for some reason, and he was swerving all over the road, would not let me pass him, threw a can of pop out the window at me, then stopped in the middle of the road and got out and came running at me, about to open (try to) my door when I put it into reverse and got out of his way. I called the police during this, but I didn't know anything was the matter until he's running at me and couldn't get his license plate in all the drama, because either the transmission went out on my car or the break drums locked up and I could not drive my car more than 50mp without extreme RPMs and a jerking motion.

This is why I hate the police/government, and now I get to pay to fix the car on my own. I don't know if the small warrantee I have will cover it or not.

I just cried the whole way home to Brian and my Dad. I should have let Brian get out of the car and kick the guy's ass.
Yeah ... He'd better be lucky he didn't to that here or more importantly, in a rural area because he prolly would have had a shotgun or pistol in his face.

That being said ... Seriously ... Yikes! How scary! :S. makes one want to carry a cattle prod (which I actually did back when I was single) I would have waited for him to stick his arm I to the car & would have nailed him! 50K volts usually does the trick.

I am glad you are ok tho ... At least physically that is, bummer on the car tho
Old 03-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
It's a beaten horse.

I would just stop calling the police if I were you.
Why? Because they prove there's no reason to trust them for anything?

Unfortunately, I cannot press charges against someone or file an insurance claim WITHOUT a police report.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 03-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Sure, we can't just as easily buy up but we can buy down
For some people the only "down" is homelessness. Sure, I'd love to live in Washington, Oregon, California...heck, If I could move ANYWHERE, I might as well move to Scotland or Wales! But lack of money is a very real issue, and not everyone has the ability to just put it all on credit or to "buy down."