Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
This is my favorite. Seriously, also "firemen are over paid", say that after your house catches fire.
Firemen are definitely NOT overpaid (I know that's not what you're saying at all either) and with the amount of BS they have to deal with I feel like they should all be getting double what they get now. My best friend is a firefighter, and I worry about him every time he's out on a call.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
I do not walk around saying that I hate the police. I hate the government, plain and simple (which the police are a part of...) and I don't expect anyone to agree with me whatsoever, but I'm not going to defend or explain myself either.

Hating someone because they have differing opinions? That's kind of what's wrong with the world today.
Err, I don't hate you. I think you have some paranoia going on and thats scary. You talked in another thread(think it was you,apologize if it wasn't) like the police where after you, searching your home for no reason. Now they are ignoring your calls for help for no reason

You can have your opinion. I sure as hell have mine But I am respectful about mine-Hate is a STRONG word. Maybe some Police do not deserve respect,but thats an individual thing. Not everyone is perfect. And what you put out there may one day come back to bite you. You may go for a job that looks up what you wrote online and they may not like what you wrote. That doesn't look good.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 03-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
Firemen are definitely NOT overpaid (I know that's not what you're saying at all either) and with the amount of BS they have to deal with I feel like they should all be getting double what they get now. My best friend is a firefighter, and I worry about him every time he's out on a call.
Some firemen don't even get paid! They do it out of goodness of their heart. Heros right there.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 03-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Those roads you were on, the government provided them and maintains them. Be true to your convictions, start living life on horseback.
But I do!!!!!

And here we(friends not me) are volunteer firefighters and my husband is a auxillary policeman!

We do this crap for free!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 03-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Those roads you were on, the government provided them and maintains them. Be true to your convictions, start living life on horseback.
I would honestly love to. The only thing stopping us at this point from selling the house and our cars and living out of our alice packs is the fact that we wouldn't have anywhere to grow our food because everything is owned by someone, preventing us from doing that, and we would have nowhere to sleep where we wouldn't be arrested. And the dogs. I couldn't do that to the dogs. We talk about this dream on a daily basis. I want to support myself and take care of my self and be completely self-sufficient. It's hard in this country and you have to have money to get out.

I never said that anyone is overpaid, underpaid, or doesn't deserve respect. I have met some really awesome cops and some really crappy cops, I'm related to numerous people that are LEOs, Firefighters (volunteer and paid) and in the armed services. I have nothing against them. I just don't agree with the organizations and the way they operate, the things they do, and the things they let happen.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 03-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Top Dog

I'm still timesick and I have a headahce and the angle of the sun is NOT helping It's getting better with the help of melatonin and 5HTP, but ****, I want to be over it already.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Glutton for Crazy

If you want to live off the land do it, you're cowarding yourself with excuses. Or, suck it up and admit, like the rest of us you enjoy civility and modern luxury.

Plenty do it, they still have homesteads, you can leave the country and hack it off the grid, you can buy some cheap land and cut yourself off, or you can hobo it.

We have friends who love their extremely off the grid lives, it just takes real passion and guts.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Glutton for Crazy

So, do you tell your LEO family you hate cops? Because that seems down right hurtful.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
If you want to live off the land do it, you're cowarding yourself with excuses. Or, suck it up and admit, like the rest of us you enjoy civility and modern luxury.

Plenty do it, they still have homesteads, you can leave the country and hack it off the grid, you can buy some cheap land and cut yourself off, or you can hobo it.

We have friends who love their extremely off the grid lives, it just takes real passion and guts.
Don't you go bringing logic into this.

Its a lot easier to sit there and complain.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 03-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

It is the buying it part that we do not want. We're really hoping to try something in the next few years, we just don't know what to do about the dogs. We don't want to own anything, be tied down, or have to pay anything to the government, so we don't want to buy land to live off of. We want to walk everywhere, sleep in woods and trap/kill wildlife to eat. And plant a garden, but we can't do any of that just anywhere. Buying a plot of land to live on and having to make money still to pay for things is just not what we're interested in. We will no doubt be able to do that before what we'd like, though. I absolutely do enjoy civility and modern luxury, but not at the price we pay for it or the organizations controlling it. If there were a way to do it more "freely" I would be all for it. I mean, people who do as you described and grow their own organic food are getting "raided" and harassed by the government as is. Preppers? Those too.

eta; We definitely don't just sit here and complain. We are constantly trying to educate people and collect more items to be able to leave and stay alive. Just goes back to that money thing. We don't want to spend it and support crooks.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm