Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
But if the individual never relayed the communication to the police... why hate them?

If I were you, I would figure out what city or county I was in at the time and see if it has a website. If so, I'd look for some kind of omnibudsman or other way to make a complaint about a city/county employee. If there is no website, I'd just call city hall and ask how to make a complaint.

It's unacceptable for a (presumably 911?) operator to handle that type of call in that manner, and at the very least they need some remedial training.
Yes, she was a 911 operator. I just don't think reporting it would get anything accomplished. No one cares. That's the problem. I hate the government and the police for many other reasons that are directly associated with the men in blue, and this was just a rant about it. No one has to agree with it.

I appreciate your info for being able to contact them to complain if I decide to do so, though.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:59 PM
such sights to show you

LOL you hate them but you still called them for help. Aheheh. And now it's their fault that they weren't even told you called.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:02 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Why do people have to be so negative? YES I know It is goin to be hard, yes i know it's probably going to suck and YES I know I will be hurting the next day but couldn't you just wish me luck or somethig? I know my body, I will only do what I can. At least I'm TRYING

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-13-2013, 05:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
LOL you hate them but you still called them for help. Aheheh. And now it's their fault that they weren't even told you called.
Well sure, when I don't have any way to protect myself I'm going to try something. Obviously doesn't work and just fueled my fire more. And yes, it is absolutely the fault of the county that hires the dispatchers that will not dispatch a unit. Entirely.

Again, not my only reason for hating either body. I'm glad you are opinionated enough to laugh at the fact that I was almost killed today and then tell me my opinions are wrong, though.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Top Dog

My rant is about people who hate the Police yet call them when they need them,................if they come out or not.

I have many a family member who is in law enforcement that risk their lives daily for the paranoid and its scary.

Did someone hang up? Maybe. Then call and report them. It was not a policeman or the scary government(who I also don't like honestly but respect is the key). It is very easy to have the call looked up and they will likely be reprimanded for it.

If the call starts with "I hate the Police",it probably won't go well. Just saying

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 03-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post
My rant is about people who hate the Police yet call them when they need them,................if they come out or not.

I have many a family member who is in law enforcement that risk their lives daily for the paranoid and its scary.

Did someone hang up? Maybe. Then call and report them. It was not a policeman or the scary government(who I also don't like honestly but respect is the key). It is very easy to have the call looked up and they will likely be reprimanded for it.

If the call starts with "I hate the Police",it probably won't go well. Just saying
I do not walk around saying that I hate the police. I hate the government, plain and simple (which the police are a part of...) and I don't expect anyone to agree with me whatsoever, but I'm not going to defend or explain myself either.

Hating someone because they have differing opinions? That's kind of what's wrong with the world today.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post

I agree. I know a lot of police and really it's a dangerous job and it doesn't need to be made even more dangerous by the "I hate the police" crowd. It takes a lot of guts to put yourself out in danger day in day out for people you probably don't know. I feel for their families who often wait, holding their breath when their loved ones get dispatched.

Though I don't hate the government really. I'm in Canada, the govt is good to us for the most part =)

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 03-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
LOL you hate them but you still called them for help. Aheheh.
This is my favorite. Seriously, also "firemen are over paid", say that after your house catches fire.

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Fishies!

In my experience people don't like it when 911 operators don't do their job.

Strictly speaking, I am not aware of any place in the US where they are not supposed to dispatch an officer even for an accidental or prank call. Calls are usually recorded.

When you are so sure they wont protect YOU, do you have a previous history with them?
Old 03-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Those roads you were on, the government provided them and maintains them. Be true to your convictions, start living life on horseback.

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.