Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
Thank You and Yes it is Caleb the 13 yr old. He has had Epliepsy since he was 3.
Begining of this year they have started changing and getting harder to stop . So basically they give him so much med to stop the seizure that it also stops his breathing.

I just hate the world and know it is no ones fault , but i want something to blame so i have something to fight against.

I hate hearing him tell me he needs a new brain this one is broken.

i can only vent here as no one it affects come here to see me not handling it well.
You DO handle it well. (((((((HUGS)))))))

You are not spiteful or vindictive. You do not lash out at other people. You do not want other people to be miserable so that you can feel better. You are gracious and thoughtful. You are caring and have great empathy and compassion. You carry yourself with grace and humor. <3

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-26-2012, 01:46 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
Thank You and Yes it is Caleb the 13 yr old. He has had Epliepsy since he was 3.
Begining of this year they have started changing and getting harder to stop . So basically they give him so much med to stop the seizure that it also stops his breathing.
I know your doctors are probably more equipped at this than I am, but have they said it's because of puberty? I know my co-worker's daughter had seizures (not caused by epilepsy though) that were previously under control and they came back full force when she hit puberty, because of all the hormones. I think she is now on birth control to keep them in check... I don't know what they would be able to do for a male... =< But maybe once he has gone through puberty and his hormones have settled at adult levels his seizures will be easier to control again? I don't know.

((((((HUGE HUGS))))))
You live a life with struggles that many, even other parents, cannot possibly imagine. You are far stronger than you may realize just because you get up every day and live. You are their rock because of that strength. Your tears at night don't erode that strength or make you weak.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-26-2012, 02:28 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

The stink bugs are back

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Top Dog

I'm so sorry, Bogart. Hopefully they even out as he ages, and neither you or him will have to go through the pain you each endure. Major hugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
DON'T TELL PEOPLE NOT TO LOOK AT SOMETHING! shesh. ^^

That made my arm hurt...
Yeah, well, it hurt every bit as much as I thought it would!

Straight lidocaine in the arm is a bitch. Didn't feel the actual implant, though.

Until she said, "Oh, that's never happened to me before!" Bitch, WHAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO YOU BEFORE? "Your body spit it back out."

Where's the fainting smiley?
Old 09-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
And: Who keeps rating threads? ^^ Like the good news thread has one star, but the venting thread has 4? what? ^^
ahahaha RIGHT? I don't even remember which, but a thread I made got rated 5 stars or however many, the other day, and it gave me a happy

Wait, was that supposed to be in the good news thread? I'M SO CONFUSED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfox426 View Post
YES!

People who post incorrectly really tick me off. Sheesh.

yah well... I USED TO LIKE YOU.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Yeah, well, it hurt every bit as much as I thought it would!

Straight lidocaine in the arm is a bitch. Didn't feel the actual implant, though.

Until she said, "Oh, that's never happened to me before!" Bitch, WHAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO YOU BEFORE? "Your body spit it back out."

Where's the fainting smiley?
OMG. I'm sorry, that's disgusting, but I am cracking up at that.
Are you sore now that it's in? Keep us updated on how you like it... I might consider it in the next few years here. It would be nice to not have to keep going to the doctor for an injection every 10-odd weeks.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

OW Rene I love you!

And Lyzelle , thanks I appreciate all the kindness i can get!.

Beanie , we are looking into the Hormone angle typically it is more prominent in girls , but
with his being so severe she is checking everything she can think of. The last EEG came back abnormal , and we are going to do another one next month when he is stabler and the med jack up is finished.

I am terrified of the trigger changing to ones that are visual , flashing lights , computers screens , video games , etc , all those things teen boys LOVE! And thank you so much for the kindness , i feel so alone in this unless i am with chris or chatting here about it.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:47 PM
We are Home.

Savannah might have acid reflux shes now on Zantac and SImilac neosure because she didnt gain as much as she was suppossed to.

I just wish she would thrive well enough on my breastmilk. The formula makes her sick and in pain but otherwise she doesnt gain weight.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 09-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
Savannah might have acid reflux shes now on Zantac and SImilac neosure because she didnt gain as much as she was suppossed to.

I just wish she would thrive well enough on my breastmilk. The formula makes her sick and in pain but otherwise she doesnt gain weight.
OW I am so sorry , my nieace had acid reflux and it was horrid.
totally up to you , but the only thing that would help her was to thicken the formula with cereal , Danialle was 3 month old when we started , and the doc tried everything before recommending it , i know it is your for a baby to have semi solids , but it was only tbs to 8 oz formula.

just throwing it out there , HUGS
Old 09-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Top Dog

DC, maybe try a goat's milk formula? Or perhaps just whole milk mixed with a bit of yogurt and mashed baby food? I remember my brother was a very sickly, colicky baby on formula (my mom didn't BF). We switched him to smoothies of milk and baby food and he thrived. We called him "Moose on the Loose" because he gained SO much weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
OMG. I'm sorry, that's disgusting, but I am cracking up at that.
Are you sore now that it's in? Keep us updated on how you like it... I might consider it in the next few years here. It would be nice to not have to keep going to the doctor for an injection every 10-odd weeks.
Nope, they gave me a LOT of lidocaine. After the initial feeling of having every nerve in your arm seared into white-hot burning nothing, there's no pain.

I think she hit my ulnar nerve. It's been well over an hour now, and I'm still completely numb.

I'll keep you updated, though!