Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Fad interest in dog breeds or lines and people who have no business buying one and "making it work" drive me insane. Get the right breed or line for you, not the popular breed or line that you're fooling yourself fits your goals and lifestyle.

Blargh!
Malinois are becoming what pit bulls used to be. A fad breed to extend one's penis.

Like that one I posted about on Facebook yesterday, scary stuff.

This frightens me.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 02-26-2013, 11:07 AM
Wookie Collie

I had a wonderful evening with an interesting new boy tonight, who has a dog. <3 Nothing serious, of course, things are still fresh for me - we went to a pub for dinner, then tea at his place. It was lovely.

But I was exhausted from the day, and when I came home I wandered off to bed and forgot to let Finn out one last time. Poor boy peed all over his crate when I woke up (late) this morning. At least he got the bath that I've been meaning to give him anyway... my poor neglected boy.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 02-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Malinois are becoming what pit bulls used to be. A fad breed to extend one's penis.

Like that one I posted about on Facebook yesterday, scary stuff.

This frightens me.
Which is kind of hilarious, because while they are no doubt intense and can be very bad ass, they're also dorky, quirky, needy, sensitive dogs. I wonder how many people are surprised when their bad ass guard dog cries if they shut them out of the bathroom, LOL.

The number of Mals in shelters/rescue is appalling. I admit I do worry about this future of this breed.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
Which is kind of hilarious, because while they are no doubt intense and can be very bad ass, they're also dorky, quirky, needy, sensitive dogs. I wonder how many people are surprised when their bad ass guard dog cries if they shut them out of the bathroom, LOL.

The number of Mals in shelters/rescue is appalling. I admit I do worry about this future of this breed.
Well he did tell me all about how his dog literally craps himself when they go to the vet "because he's such a wimp and is scared of the vet"

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 02-26-2013, 11:32 AM
Glutton for Crazy

On my way to work I was thinking I have been without Malinois misdirected bites for a long time after seeing a friends bite photo.

Sloan just bit my girly parts, hard. I was getting her amped up and frustrated and she got pissed and nailed me.

Owie.

Additionally, too many see the pretty aspects of the breed, like the bad assery of pit bulls. I always delete or make private my awful videos for fear of holier than thou Internet trainer backlash but sometimes I regret that and wish people did see the hardships that turn these dogs into such amazing working machines.

Oh and that vent was not just for this breed, I have a TON of clients here with hunting line labs and goldens "because they're healthier" who are drowning in energy and drive, lost with no "good family pet" in sight.

People need to stop lying to themselves and assuming they'll be the exception.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Just not having a very good time of things personally right now which I don't have time to be sulking and crying at my desk. I have a website launch to take care of.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Glutton for Crazy

All of the caffeine in the world can't seem to wake me up. Ugh.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

I feel a bloody migrane coming on, Bloody Hell!!!

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 02-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
Oh heck i dont know what i need. i cant stay where im at, its not a matter of money, its a matter of this was a temporary place and the owner of the house wasnt supposed to find out i was here and then she did and now shes going ape**** and wants me out NOW, but has generously given me 2 weeks, which was last monday so now 1 week. i just got a job last monday, the same day that horrible news came in, so i HAVE income... NOW. didnt before. but the issue is finding a place to rent thats on the bus line to get to the job, allows dogs, and is affordable and doesnt want paystubs and all that, because i work under the table. so far i have ONE lead, but its a hair out of my pricerange and im not sure i can handle it. rent, bills, and bus fare would consume exactly 105% of my income, with nothing left over for dog food or me food ( i get a small amt of foodstamps which helps but its not enough. i cannot live on ramen every day and be alive ). MAYBE someone taking the two dogs for a few months would help me find a place and get more stable and get a car, but i dont know. i dont have a magic crystal ball that can see into the future and say "ah HA! in 1 month and 18 days, a house for rent will come available 2 miles from work that allows dogs and is under 600 a month!" yaknow?

/rant
Having been homeless before, would it help to look at this from a different angle?

Can you afford a working beater car before you have to be out?

Lucky for me, when I was homeless I still owned a car. As long as you own a car you can be warm, dry, and secure. And you can have your dogs with you. Check into shelters, friend's houses to find a regular place to shower and things so you're presentable for work.

Just remember that it's temporary. The situation you're in is temporary. Do whatever you can to keep your job. Your dogs won't mind living in a car with you. The weather's still cool enough that they'll be okay, or maybe you can find a friend who won't mind watching them in the day if you're worried.

It'll give you more time to find a good place to rent.

You could get your boss to write a letter to prospective landlords, or when you get paid go to the library and make photocopies of the checks to show them. The combination of the two should be enough for most landlords.

Good luck. ((hugs))
Old 02-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Top Dog

There's supposed to be a huge storm coming through tonight and I think my training classes are going to be cancelled again! They were cancelled last week and it was kind of a relief, but these dogs are going to come in next week like they did the first week and give me another migraine. Urg.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm