Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
People who insist on touching you when talking to you.

GET YOUR HAND OFF MY SHOULDER! I DON'T KNOW YOU!

RESPECT THE PERSONAL SPACE BUBBLE!
My reaction whenever this stuff happens:

Not even kidding. Thank you Emperor's New Groove for providing me with a very simple phrase to wrap up my personal space issues...

I'm all sniffley and kinda mucusy this morning. I hope it's just allergies and I didn't pick up a cold. Boo!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-24-2012, 09:31 AM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I'm sorry you may have to change your plans... but the nice thing is you can always change in the future if you decide to. Sending her to school now doesn't have to mean you can't ever homeschool her if the time is right and vice versa

Best of luck. Once you find out more about Morgans therapy schedule and such you'll have a better idea. Do you have any homeschool co ops or support groups around you? I've found that being with other homeschooling moms with experience has really helped me with support and a general knowledge of what to expect. Just having other moms to talk to about concerns and getting it off your chest really helps.
Not where Im at currently but I joined the yahoo group for Homeschooling where we are moving but its not really for friendly chit chat from what Ive seen. Its just homeschool events and what not. I know that there is ALOT of homeschoolers up there and the museums have LOTS of programs for teaching every subject which is nice since that would give her some reinforcement. We have 3 AWESOME museums around us that for 160 you get free admission to all of them and all around the country. We had plans of me taking them on alot of day trips with homeschoolig up there. 4 hours from DC and that entire area, not far from Atlanta, Pennsylvania (i think that one is cloeser to 10). It would have given us as a family time to really travel when Jeremy is off work and teach them all about the history and everything around us along with math, science, english).

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 09-24-2012, 10:13 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
Not where Im at currently but I joined the yahoo group for Homeschooling where we are moving but its not really for friendly chit chat from what Ive seen. Its just homeschool events and what not. I know that there is ALOT of homeschoolers up there and the museums have LOTS of programs for teaching every subject which is nice since that would give her some reinforcement. We have 3 AWESOME museums around us that for 160 you get free admission to all of them and all around the country. We had plans of me taking them on alot of day trips with homeschoolig up there. 4 hours from DC and that entire area, not far from Atlanta, Pennsylvania (i think that one is cloeser to 10). It would have given us as a family time to really travel when Jeremy is off work and teach them all about the history and everything around us along with math, science, english).
Yeah mostly the yahoo sites are used for events and such but when you move there if you could make a couple events and network with a few of the moms... big help. I went through a phase last year where I was like "OMG... we are coming up on Kindergarten. It's official. I CAN'T do this." I FREAKED out lol. I was ready to throw in the towel without even trying (NOT saying this is what you are doing. I understand where you are coming from). I was so afraid lol. So I joined one of the local co ops. BEST thing I have ever done. It's nice for Hannah but the benefit for me was so beyond what I expected.

It was so nice to know that every one of those moms had times where they freaked out, too and that they were just normal moms just like me. Just having that support from moms who have been there was priceless to me (still is, that's why I joined two co ops this year LOL)

the nice thing about kindergarten is there isn't much you have to sit down and do curriculum wise. It's the perfect age for learning on the go. Wherever you go there is a lesson that can come from it. Hannah and I don't do a lot of "sit at your desk and do this" type work other than working on writing and crafts.

The other day we were out in the garden and found a lady bug. we kept the lady bug for an hour and made some observations, went online and found a couple fun worksheets about the parts of a lady bug and the lifecycle of a lady bug and then we did a craft. Took about 15 minutes and we had a science lesson under our belts. At this age you don't have to do a lot of structured stuff. Not to mention 15-20 minutes at a time is about all Hannah can stand at this age to have to sit and just do work. So we do a lot of learning through play and playing off of her natural curiousity.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-24-2012, 10:16 AM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Yeah mostly the yahoo sites are used for events and such but when you move there if you could make a couple events and network with a few of the moms... big help. I went through a phase last year where I was like "OMG... we are coming up on Kindergarten. It's official. I CAN'T do this." I FREAKED out lol. I was ready to throw in the towel without even trying (NOT saying this is what you are doing. I understand where you are coming from). I was so afraid lol. So I joined one of the local co ops. BEST thing I have ever done. It's nice for Hannah but the benefit for me was so beyond what I expected.

It was so nice to know that every one of those moms had times where they freaked out, too and that they were just normal moms just like me. Just having that support from moms who have been there was priceless to me (still is, that's why I joined two co ops this year LOL)

the nice thing about kindergarten is there isn't much you have to sit down and do curriculum wise. It's the perfect age for learning on the go. Wherever you go there is a lesson that can come from it. Hannah and I don't do a lot of "sit at your desk and do this" type work other than working on writing and crafts.

The other day we were out in the garden and found a lady bug. we kept the lady bug for an hour and made some observations, went online and found a couple fun worksheets about the parts of a lady bug and the lifecycle of a lady bug and then we did a craft. Took about 15 minutes and we had a science lesson under our belts. At this age you don't have to do a lot of structured stuff. Not to mention 15-20 minutes at a time is about all Hannah can stand at this age to have to sit and just do work. So we do a lot of learning through play and playing off of her natural curiousity.
Hmmm i didnt think about that. Plus Im sure the museums would make up for having to sit with her brother at therapy. We can practice her letters and what not there. The museum does "classes" like cooking and reading group and making things. To learn and its free for members.

Thanks for handling my freakout. I think the big thing I got caught up in is its SCHOOL.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 09-24-2012, 10:30 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
Hmmm i didnt think about that. Plus Im sure the museums would make up for having to sit with her brother at therapy. We can practice her letters and what not there. The museum does "classes" like cooking and reading group and making things. To learn and its free for members.

Thanks for handling my freakout. I think the big thing I got caught up in is its SCHOOL.
No problem. It is hard not to get totally overwhelmed at the idea... And it is completely normal too.

I am always around if you ever need a sounding board or have any questions

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-24-2012, 07:16 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I feel sick to my stomach and still have to work not only that, but the guy taking over for me is NEVER on time, so who knows when he'll decide to show up.
Oooooh i hate that, my father is retired army, so punctuality is everything with him, so i was raised with it grilled into my brain that if you are supposed to or if you told someone you would be somewhere at a certain time you best be there or have a **** good reason why you werent... of course i went thru that rebellious teenage slacker stage everyone goes thru but as an adult the thing all my former bosses put on my recomendations (when i left a job for a better paying one or was laid off... i have NEVER been fired) that i was one of the most punctual workers they had. even my teachers said that in school lol

Old 09-24-2012, 07:21 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Not really a vent but omg I think I'm getting sick! Please no! I only have 3 days of work this week and I need the money, I cannot call in sick. Also if they hire me at this other job I can't be sick! I have to be there! Please noooo! These chills suck!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 09-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Amazon just recommended a book I've already read. #firstworldproblems
Old 09-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Resident fainting goat

PEOPLE COMPARING ABORTION TO THE HOLOCAUST.

NO. NO. JUST NO.

"BUT" NO!!!
"BUT WHAT" NO!!!

Pro-life? Fine.

but the very idea of comparing the torture and murder of millions of PEOPLE, people with families, dreams, hopes, fears, thoughts, LIVES...to the termination of a pregnancy (nearly 90% of which are performed within the first trimester).. is vile and insulting in nearly every way possible.

Make your argument. Make your point. Give your opinion.. in a way that does not compare the systematic cruel forced TORTURE, experimentation and hateful murder of nearly 5 million people to an elective medical procedure a women does on her OWN body preformed on something that is not yet even close to being a human being or capable of living on it's own without the host body.

If you have a true argument, you can make it without using the memory of the genocide of 5 million people as emotional blackmail.

Thank you very much.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Top Dog

My radiator's busted. Found a crack in it today. Good news is a new radiator is $60, and I can return the old one to the junk yard for $75.