Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-08-2013, 07:52 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
Kastle is 1.5 years old and now eligible to compete in everything and I do not have time or availability to get him ready for everything. I got him for IPO but it takes so long to get to training and a lot of at home training as well. I REALLY want these titles though! Agility is closer, less training and more bang for your buck. Flyball is farther, medium training but LOTS more bang for your buck. I need to prioritize but every time I do, I end up switching. Plus, it's a little hard to get consistent IPO training because Kastle is an extreme, rather difficult dog to work and handle. But, I am told we could be quite good...same in agility.

*sigh*
Do you think if you did agility first it could give Kastle a chance to mature and settle down, thus making the IPO training easier? And then by the time you're ready for IPO maybe your work schedule will have loosened up a bit?

It sucks to have to make those choices though, especially when you want to do everything. I really really wanted to do herding with Mu but the place I want to go is 45 minutes away and pretty much only does classes in the morning, on weekdays. When I'm at work. >.<

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 02-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Top Dog

I hate people. I should go home before I punch someone in the face. That is all.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:38 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Do you think if you did agility first it could give Kastle a chance to mature and settle down, thus making the IPO training easier? And then by the time you're ready for IPO maybe your work schedule will have loosened up a bit?
This!! My big sports are agility and disc right now. However, I plan on doing rally and obedience with both girls once they are older and not able to train as hard as they do now. We of course do little bits of obedience here and there so that they will have a good foundation to start off on when we get serious, but it's quite convenient that some of it is needed for agility anyways.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:49 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
It snowed a little overnight:
This should be in the good news thread!!

Old 02-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post

It sucks to have to make those choices though, especially when you want to do everything. I really really wanted to do herding with Mu but the place I want to go is 45 minutes away and pretty much only does classes in the morning, on weekdays. When I'm at work. >.<
That's what I am thinking about doing. I just feel so guilty! My breeder gave me pick IPO prospect so I feel I should make use of it. Plus I know my training director has high hopes for us and I don't want to let him down either. And I really do enjoy it but it's so far!

If I'm honest, part is that Jason is totally pushing agility (because he more or less hates SchH now) and that makes me want to stubbornly stick with IPO. This sport brought us together and he may hate it, but I don't. I don't know how objective his viewpoint is either with that in mind. But, it shouldn't matter I am just using excuses so I don't have to choose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
This!! My big sports are agility and disc right now. However, I plan on doing rally and obedience with both girls once they are older and not able to train as hard as they do now. We of course do little bits of obedience here and there so that they will have a good foundation to start off on when we get serious, but it's quite convenient that some of it is needed for agility anyways.
A big thing with IPO with GSDs is waiting for their aggression to kick in, which Kastle's hasn't yet so I can teach him the protection basics but they won't have power for awhile yet. His tracking and obedience foundation is SOLID and I could probably go out and do most of a BH routine now...I just feel like such a slacker for not doing everything.

With Limit, since I've been agonizing over Kastle, I've done the bare minimum. I feel like once I make a decision on K I can start more seriously with Lim. I was thinking of making K my IPO dog and Lim my agility dog but Kastle loves agility too and is soooooo fun to run that I really want that with him too.

First world problems.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
This should be in the good news thread!!
LOL! My dogs disagree!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:52 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
I hate people. I should go home before I punch someone in the face. That is all.
I know the feeling.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 02-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

My sister wants to take my mom out for lunch or dinner on her birthday (tomorrow.) My mom loves Olive Garden so my sister said we could go there, OR she said she has coupons for Buca di Beppo. My mom said she would try Buca because my dad thinks he hates Olive Garden after trying it once almost 20 years ago.

I looked up Buca's menu to see if they had a gluten free menu (OG does not but I made do last time and, though there might possibly have been some flour in the sauce, didn't end up sick; bless my waiter for not batting an eye when I asked if I could have a chicken pasta dish without the pasta.) and they do. So I clicked on a few things to see what they looked like...
and HOLY PRICES, BATMAN.

Ummm... I hope my sister is paying. Because I cannot afford that. Yikes.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Club Terrible - President

Quote:
Well Kastle is at the least started in, if not titled in

Agility
Flyball
IPO
Lure Coursing
Dock Jumping
And herding instinct tested.
I'd keep up with his IPO training, and while waiting for the aggression to kick in, do agility and flyball.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
That's what I am thinking about doing. I just feel so guilty! My breeder gave me pick IPO prospect so I feel I should make use of it. Plus I know my training director has high hopes for us and I don't want to let him down either. And I really do enjoy it but it's so far!
Don't feel guilty! You do SO MUCH with your dogs and it's not like you don't have plans to do IPO - sometimes things just don't work out in the time frame you want. And really if you end up resenting the amount of time it's taking to do something you could end up resenting the activity too - and that would suck.

Quote:
First world problems.
I warmed up the wrong car this morning (I forgot Matt needed mine to pick up dog food) and I was SO MAD that I had to freeze on the way to work. And I wanted to vent but yeah, first world problems much?

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013