Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
It's pretty persistent in CS and CIS programs. Adam said there were only maybe 20 women who graduated from his CIS program. I already snarked off to one professor when he screwed up and assumed it was my screwup.
That's crazy. I never had anyone do that to me in the CIS program when I was in college. Our program had quite a few women teachers though - I bet that makes a big difference.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 02-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I hate the post office. More specifically I hate this one guy at the post office. I've shipped prints to people via parcel post with tracking literally dozens of times. One time maybe six months ago this lady told me "you can't send that parcel post. You can only send this envelope priority."

So I went home, pulled out ALL my receipts where I've sent it parcel, and called to talk to a manager. She went and checked with another clerk and came back and said "They said you're right, you can send it parcel."

I haven't had an issue with this ever since and have sent stuff parcel over and over since then.... until today, when I was unfortunate enough to stop by and see this guy at the desk. I HATE having to go to his window. He's a real jerk, I've seen him be a jerk to other people and he's been a jerk to me. (I told my co-workers this and he said his brother calls this guy "the badger" - so everybody knows him as the big jerk.) So he tells me the same thing. I told him I've sent it that way dozens of times before. He says "They sent it wrong."
DOZENS of times?

Get this: he then says "it's not big enough and *BENDS ENVELOPES* it bends."

I was stunned. HE JUST BENT MY PRINT in a photo document mailer with DO NOT BEND written on it! I've been told before "we don't bend mail" (which I know is a lie, I've had prints delivered to people and BENT to make them fit in their mailboxes before) AND HE JUST DID IT RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF ME!!

So I said FIRST of all PLEASE don't bend my photos in my photo mailer. No response from him on that (I notice when somebody is being a douche to a customer and are called on it, they tend to just not say anything.) I told him I was told this once before, called and spoke to a supervisor at the other branch, and they told me I was in fact right.
So he says "Well they're WRONG but I'll do it this ONE TIME, but I'm going to call and check on that."
"Please do," I said dryly.

So then he's all obviously mad, throwing stuff around, jabbing his computer screen. And get this, he mutters "Can't believe our SUPERVISORS are telling us what to do."
Ummmm??? THAT'S WHAT A SUPERVISOR DOES YOU MORON.
"Actually, she checked with the clerks and they're the ones who told her that was correct."
"Well *I'M* the trainer so THEY'RE giving out wrong information."

Good God, the guy everybody knows as the jerk at the post office is the trainer. We're all screwed.

He was so pissed off he didn't even charge me for the envelope. I should have just walked away without paying for it, but it gave me a bit more satisfaction to point out he hadn't charged me for my envelope yet. Dumbass.

I frickin' hate the USPS.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Kotah BEAR

Oh Beanie you were a lot nicer to him than I would of been, especially if he would of bent my envelope that says DO NOT BEND on it RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.
I cannot stand ignorant, douchebag people.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:00 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
That's crazy. I never had anyone do that to me in the CIS program when I was in college. Our program had quite a few women teachers though - I bet that makes a big difference.
Definitely no female professors in the computer department here. I'm transferring in the fall, so we'll see if it's any different at another school. Not many women are interested in programming, I guess, but I like math and science and have no interest in using my art degree that I've spent so much time on.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:16 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I hate the post office. More specifically I hate this one guy at the post office. I've shipped prints to people via parcel post with tracking literally dozens of times. One time maybe six months ago this lady told me "you can't send that parcel post. You can only send this envelope priority."

So I went home, pulled out ALL my receipts where I've sent it parcel, and called to talk to a manager. She went and checked with another clerk and came back and said "They said you're right, you can send it parcel."

I haven't had an issue with this ever since and have sent stuff parcel over and over since then.... until today, when I was unfortunate enough to stop by and see this guy at the desk. I HATE having to go to his window. He's a real jerk, I've seen him be a jerk to other people and he's been a jerk to me. (I told my co-workers this and he said his brother calls this guy "the badger" - so everybody knows him as the big jerk.) So he tells me the same thing. I told him I've sent it that way dozens of times before. He says "They sent it wrong."
DOZENS of times?

Get this: he then says "it's not big enough and *BENDS ENVELOPES* it bends."

I was stunned. HE JUST BENT MY PRINT in a photo document mailer with DO NOT BEND written on it! I've been told before "we don't bend mail" (which I know is a lie, I've had prints delivered to people and BENT to make them fit in their mailboxes before) AND HE JUST DID IT RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF ME!!

So I said FIRST of all PLEASE don't bend my photos in my photo mailer. No response from him on that (I notice when somebody is being a douche to a customer and are called on it, they tend to just not say anything.) I told him I was told this once before, called and spoke to a supervisor at the other branch, and they told me I was in fact right.
So he says "Well they're WRONG but I'll do it this ONE TIME, but I'm going to call and check on that."
"Please do," I said dryly.

So then he's all obviously mad, throwing stuff around, jabbing his computer screen. And get this, he mutters "Can't believe our SUPERVISORS are telling us what to do."
Ummmm??? THAT'S WHAT A SUPERVISOR DOES YOU MORON.
"Actually, she checked with the clerks and they're the ones who told her that was correct."
"Well *I'M* the trainer so THEY'RE giving out wrong information."

Good God, the guy everybody knows as the jerk at the post office is the trainer. We're all screwed.

He was so pissed off he didn't even charge me for the envelope. I should have just walked away without paying for it, but it gave me a bit more satisfaction to point out he hadn't charged me for my envelope yet. Dumbass.

I frickin' hate the USPS.
First of all ... Holy crap! & the USPS wonders why they are going out of business :/.

You are. Very nice person, Beanie, I would not have been so nice, I usually give the attitude I am given by people , if he was being an ass to me I will be an ass right back.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I'm in a really pissy mood. That's about all.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:31 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Our boss is annoying & he's been grading on OH's nerves, which also means he's been short with me .

Must go now, I have to a lot of leg work :/

Old 02-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Freeeeeeeeeezing and full of snot!! Was sick at Xmas, I can't be due another cold for awhile!

This is probably repayment for seriously over doing it at the weekend. I don't think hangovers last 4 days though!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 02-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Top Dog

I have a headache from hell, head cold, and my whole attitude is just bitchy. And it makes me feel more bitchy.

Which means Chaz is doing nothing but ticking me off today.

Time to go back to bed.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Top Dog

Oh irresponsible people...

We have a client at work who, last year, had several parvo pups. This year, they're back. This time, they have three litters (as all of their dogs just interbreed) and everyday they come in for treatment they have a new sickly puppy. They have the litters scattered over several properties. They also show up whenever they want, rather than at their designated timeframe. Horrible for the dogs and everyone else involved.

As a complete aside, I also saw a sickly dog someone adopted from a shelter for $295 Cute dog, and it's being treated, but good lord.