Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Love My Mutt <3

The news just reminded me that with no cheese, we can have no poutine. This. Is. HORRIBLE.

Worst 2 days EVER.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-04-2013, 05:58 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
lol poor pillows... Backup always seems fine for a few days then loses it and nibbles on something. Even at his worst he's very mild though. I would like to be able to trust him totally loose in the guest room. I can't trust him loose in the whole house because that is where Sloan is and Arnold has the bedroom/hallway. I don't need my boys loose together when I'm gone, just in case.

As it is I would leave him crated but we literally can't fit it in the guest room with a desk, love seat, and the dog mill. So, we'll try a smaller airline (which I hate using long term, we're gone long hours) and then transition him slowly to loose on a tiedown as extra security should Sloan open the doors between the boys or something crazy.
LOL i thought I was the only one who did tie down (for my older dogs, like once I know they are 'ready', you know?) Izze never had to be on tie down, she would stay put as long as she had a comfortable "place" to go to, she was good. Josefina stayed in a crate for a couple of years, then wwe started trying her on tie down (Only when we are not home, when we are, she isnt tied at all & stays put NP. hers is attached to my bed too, its on wheels & she can move it (but we're not gonna tell her that LMBO)

Buddy HATES HATES leashes (never was broke to one as a pup, he is an adult rescue) so he will like totally freak out if i put him on a tie down. I have never tried it, I just know he would, so he stays in a crate when we arent home.

I wish I could break him to tie down, I finally have him where he will walk on a leash without belly aching about it but i dont want to give him a bad experience by attempting to tie him off ... i know this isnt a training thread but anyone have any suggestions? LOL

Old 02-04-2013, 05:59 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

This isn't really a vent, I'm just really nervous because Chloe's dental/spay is next Thursday. And I'm just really nervous about it because I've heard so many horror stories involving dentals. Plus after scheduling it I got home and realized that its on her birthday.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 02-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chrome View Post
Have you tried an Exercise pen? I suggested this to a client and it worked well for them, the barking and detructiveness that happened in the crate stopped and the dog was much more relaxed in the ex-pen. Maybe the extra room and ability to see more? No idea....but it did work for them. They also gave tons of frozen kongs and RMBs, etc.
Honestly, I'm over caring about it for the most part. She's safe loose in the house when I'm gone all day and if she barks in her crate when I'm gone, I'm not there to hear it. The only time I care is when other people try and judge me for it. >.< She'll even do it with the crate door completely open and begs to get *in* her crate in the car. lol

Treat toys will distract her initially, but once they are empty, if I'm still home she'll still bark and dig. When I used a Manners Minder on top of the crate, she completely ignored the rain of food. Yelling, slapping the sides of the crate, and (not proud of this) lifting the crate up all stop her for less than a second and intensify the reaction once I stop.

I honestly think this is just one of her malinois quirks - her brother does something similar in his kennel as well. He'll do it despite an ecollar, too.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
Honestly, I'm over caring about it for the most part. She's safe loose in the house when I'm gone all day and if she barks in her crate when I'm gone, I'm not there to hear it. The only time I care is when other people try and judge me for it. >.< She'll even do it with the crate door completely open and begs to get *in* her crate in the car. lol

Treat toys will distract her initially, but once they are empty, if I'm still home she'll still bark and dig. When I used a Manners Minder on top of the crate, she completely ignored the rain of food. Yelling, slapping the sides of the crate, and (not proud of this) lifting the crate up all stop her for less than a second and intensify the reaction once I stop.

I honestly think this is just one of her malinois quirks - her brother does something similar in his kennel as well. He'll do it despite an ecollar, too.
I wasn't judging you. Hope you didn't think that.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Behavior Nerd

No I didn't get that from your post - it's just a sensitive subject because I've had one of my least fav people at club tell me "she has you trained" when she saw Aeri digging in her crate. Made me insanely self conscious.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:32 PM
The Littlest Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
and (not proud of this) lifting the crate up
Oh thank god, I thought I was the only person who'd resorted to this on occasion. Fortunately for me, it stopped the craziness...

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug (5/2004 - 3/2014)
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 02-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Top Dog

I'm cold. Just...freezing. For no reason. I have the heat turned up to 72, snuggled under blankets, hot tea...and I just can't get warm.

Head cold is still going full strength. I feel gross and brain dead. Everything hurts.

Jin is gone for another four days. House is creepy. I'm tired of having him gone all the time. And he is supposed to be outprocessing after this, but they changed his schedule and now he'll be working at the Gym. So he's had three back to backs, and now it's not even over. He still has to put more time into the Gym, and somehow manage to outprocess at the same time. Oh, not to mention train for his PT test. This is ridiculous.

I'm tired of the stupid remarks people keep giving me about Zander. "Oh, I doubt that." "That's BS." "He has no limits, YOU are the only problem." Right. Because everyone who has never met Zander or dealt with his fear/skittish issues over the last 8 years obviously knows way more than me. Of course.

I'd also like to personally set fire to every person who says, "REAL women have curves." But I can't do that. So I'm killing people in Sims 3.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:27 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I have a zit coming in on my chin. I can feel it and it hurts, but it is still too far under to pop. Ow!

And I want my puppy. Like, yesterday. I'm really hoping to convince Mike to let me get one when he's gone this summer, but I doubt it will happen. *sigh* More waiting...

Old 02-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Sport Model Pug

I don't remember 2lb weights being so heavy.

My arms are so weak. Sigh.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug