Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Resident fainting goat

People freaking out over Beyonce's outfit at the superbowl.

I seriously seriously cannot STAND the common American view on female bodies and sexuality.. so frikin warped.

and the worst part is, MANY of the people on my newsfeed complaining are moms who previously complained about the pressure society puts on them to cover up when breastfeeding
YOU DO REALIZE WHERE THE ROOT OF THAT LIES?! It lies in a world where women are SHAMED for showing their bodies, where the body is always overtly sexual/shameful and should be hidden.
Just like you are doing by bitching "OH THINK OF THE CHILDREN WHO SAW!" because Beyonce wore a short dress.

There is nothing shameful or wrong about the female body. About dancing or about the performance.

Worry a little more about your child growing up thinking that the female body is a thing to be ashamed about and that it is THEIR responsibility to cover up to make them comfortable. And worse yet, growing up to believe that the way a women dresses is synonymous with her character/sexual history or that it's OK to shame women for not dressing appropriately.

and we wonder WHY we live in a world where a girl gets raped and men say things like "what was she wearing? Oh she was ASKING for it"

because they are raised by people who TEACH these kind of fundamental idiocies.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

That's crazy, my feed is full of how great she looked and DESTINY CHILD!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:50 PM
LABRADERP!

I want to get to the bottom of Takoda's issues with her territorial aggression when she's in her pen, on her long line, or in our car (this one I'm not too concerned about....).

Ugh...I've dealt with DA dogs...but this one stumps me, nothing physically wrong with her, no money for a behaviorist (Gonna make me sound like a bad owner I have no interest in investing in one either :/). If I'm present or my S/O (She belongs to him, he gets the final word on her) she's fine, in public she's fine and 100% OMG MUST MEET PEOPLE!!!!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

I have no idea what to do and I'm thinking of just not worrying with it too much, but I also don't want it to get worse, which it seems to be doing....she's starting to lunge, bark and snarl to people she knows, if we're not home. But if they move near her she runs and stops......

/RANT
10/01/2013
Gunslinger's Snowfall Banshee Scream "Takoda"
03/22/2010
Forever in my heart
Murray's Bojangles is High Rollin' "Beau"
11/03/2002-11/21/2013
Old 02-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Kotah BEAR

My thing is: Beyonce is a grown ass woman, married, has a child, a successful career, and (to me) gorgeous as hell and by god if she wants to wear what she did, then she can!

To me, all women are beautiful. Big, small, short, tall, braces or not, glasses or not, red hair, black hair, blond hair, freakin pink hair, whether you live in a 5 star house or a studio apartment, drive a sports car or a mini van. People look WAY to deep and try nick pick everyone. Its stupid and senseless.

Ok Im done.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:01 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I wasn't a fan of beyonces performance. Not because of her
Outfit. Didn't care about that. I often walk around the house naked or in bra and undies so I don't worry too much about that. I felt that she came across self centered with some
Of her back up dancers being herself on screen. I also felt there was a lot of flash for little performance.

At one point Hannah asked what they were doing. I said they were dancing
And she said "i don't think so. They are just running". Hmmm clever observation lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Love My Mutt <3

The cheese factory is completely burnt down. Gone. There's nothing left.

My heart. :'(

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-03-2013, 11:01 PM
aka RedHotBabe

I love when professors fail at teaching. Teaching myself C++ is exactly what I wanted to do this semester.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 AM
Top Dog

Logan has decided it is time to blow coat. In February. When he JUST finished his winter one a month ago.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:02 AM
Top Dog

Back to my stressful job tomorrow. Sigh.

I had to put on my FB blinders after reading a bunch of idiots on a friend's page tell him to dump his dogs at the humane society because "you need a change!" He'd been laid off for several months and just started looking for work recently. Because he's behind on bills, he thought driving off in to the sunset seemed a grand idea, but he can't take the dogs, of course Apparently his acquaintances thought this was a fine idea. The dogs are a 10 yr old large breed and a young bully breed. I did express that tossing them at a no kill shelter was not a grand idea.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Glutton for Crazy

I got to work forgetting my clients puppy died on Thursday as a complication of a spay. Crossing off her name just killed me.

RIP Sophie. :-/

Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.