Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
What's wrong with doggy slings?
What's wrong with doggy slings in a library that has a no pet policy? The fact that there's a no pet policy and it's not your (general) right to decide to ignore that....?

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-03-2013, 03:23 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:

What's wrong with doggy slings? It IMHO is better then say, tying her outside or driving the car which is as Mandy said ... Not good for her of the environment, I think the slings are ok, but the purse-thing is a little much IMO but some people like them which is why I suggested them.
it's not that there is anything wrong with doggy slings in general. the issue is the library seems to have a no pet policy so whether she is in a sling or on a leash is besides the point as she's still a pet and not allowed in So it's not the actual sling that is the issue

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-03-2013, 03:33 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
it's not that there is anything wrong with doggy slings in general. the issue is the library seems to have a no pet policy so whether she is in a sling or on a leash is besides the point as she's still a pet and not allowed in So it's not the actual sling that is the issue
OIC see at most places here (excluding one that serve food) there is a loophole that as long as the dog is not "touching the ground" then dog owners could get away with it.

I wish more stores would follow Home Depot & TSC's example & allow pets in, I mean they allow children in (this is not a jab at children or parents, this is just an example of a kind of double standard) but not dogs, it sucks because dogs in general are better behaved then most people's children that I see . If the dog is causing problems the manager can always ask them to leave but why should that say "well some people don't train their dogs so all dogs aren't allowed " it's kind of a blanket statement.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Top Dog

If someone I live with and love very much's work calls and asks if he can teleport ONE MORE TIME I'm going to lose it.

No, he can't make it to work by 1:30 today when you call at 1:29. OMG BAD EMPLOYEE RIGHT. NO. HE GETS MINIMUM WAGE. HE IS NOT ON CALL. STOP STOP STOP.

HE IS NOT PSYCHIC. HE IS NOT MAGIC. IF HE WERE, YOU'D BE PAYING HIM MORE THAN $8/hr.

STOP STIFFING HIM. WHEN YOU CALL HIM FOR A 4 HOUR SHIFT, HE GETS PAID FOR 4 HOURS. SENDING HIM HOME AFTER 1 IS NOT OKAY.

I. am. livid.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
If someone I live with and love very much's work calls and asks if he can teleport ONE MORE TIME I'm going to lose it.

No, he can't make it to work by 1:30 today when you call at 1:29. OMG BAD EMPLOYEE RIGHT. NO. HE GETS MINIMUM WAGE. HE IS NOT ON CALL. STOP STOP STOP.

HE IS NOT PSYCHIC. HE IS NOT MAGIC. IF HE WERE, YOU'D BE PAYING HIM MORE THAN $8/hr.

STOP STIFFING HIM. WHEN YOU CALL HIM FOR A 4 HOUR SHIFT, HE GETS PAID FOR 4 HOURS. SENDING HIM HOME AFTER 1 IS NOT OKAY.

I. am. livid.
Huh? Teleport? I don't understand?

Old 02-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
They called him at 1:29 asking if he could make it there by 1:30.

No, he can't.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:40 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
OIC see at most places here (excluding one that serve food) there is a loophole that as long as the dog is not "touching the ground" then dog owners could get away with it.

I wish more stores would follow Home Depot & TSC's example & allow pets in, I mean they allow children in (this is not a jab at children or parents, this is just an example of a kind of double standard) but not dogs, it sucks because dogs in general are better behaved then most people's children that I see . If the dog is causing problems the manager can always ask them to leave but why should that say "well some people don't train their dogs so all dogs aren't allowed " it's kind of a blanket statement.

I think it's more of an allergy issue rather than a behavioural issue. while many people don't like children they won't suffer from hives, asthma, or other allergic reactions from being around them lol.

Quote:
I think she's being sarcastic. they called at 1:29 to have him come in for 1:30. u nless he lives upstairs they only possible way that could happen is teleportation lol and IF they have figured teleportation out they should be billionaires and pay more than $8/hr LOL

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I think she's being sarcastic. they called at 1:29 to have him come in for 1:30. u nless he lives upstairs they only possible way that could happen is teleportation lol and IF they have figured teleportation out they should be billionaires and pay more than $8/hr LOL
Yeah, I was.

We live ~30 minutes away. The only reason he's holding on is that it's much easier to find work if you have a job, so... I'm so over this. Plus we have plans, so it's not like he can go in today ANYWAY, but asking if he can drive that far in one minute (never mind getting dressed and cleaned up and getting his supplies together) is just...

Because of course now he's all stressed out because neither of us is really in a position to turn down work unless we have to, but it's just not possible and ugh.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
They called him at 1:29 asking if he could make it there by 1:30.

No, he can't.
OH now I get it lol, yeah my mother is a substitute teacher ... They do that to her all the time even though she has it written in her deal that she lives an hr out of SA :/. They always call her & at such & such time asking if she can be there 15 minutes from the time hey quoted ... Huh??? Lol.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
I think it's more of an allergy issue rather than a behavioural issue. while many people don't like children they won't suffer from hives, asthma, or other allergic reactions from being around them lol.

I should be more exact ... I do not like children who misbehave lol, the well behaved kids are NP, for me & I know there are. Lot of them too, so let me clarify ... It's not ALL kids just the ones who aren't reined in by their parents.

Yeah I kind of got it after I posted lol, I guess I misread her post lol. Sorry.