Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-01-2013, 04:28 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Well for those of you who care, my friend came over and apologized. Idk it just felt...I don't know. Off. She hugged us and then in one moment she hugged really tight and things felt okay. But when we pulled away my sister and I both had tears in our eyes and she had nothing. And her mother (who basically is the reason for all of this) said she doesn't want us communicating through text for a while and made her block us on Instagram. So that definitely made things better between us (not). So I mean it's whatever. I'm over it. I am and I'm not. I miss who she used to be but I can't change the fact that she'll never be that person again. And even if we smooth things over, things will never be the way they used to be. So I'm trying hard to just move on from it. It's just hard. But I'm not alone. My sister and I were best friends before this person came into our lives (we've known each other for many years but became close in the last 2 or 3 years) and we are still best friends. We have each other and she has "popularity" and fake friends (who a couple weeks ago she was telling us were slutty and bitchy and mean). So I guess at least we got the better end of the deal.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 02-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Top Dog

I am so tired of being financially responsible for other people.

Jin's mother is asking us for money. AGAIN. Because she lost her job AGAIN and can't pay rent. $200.

WTF. I hate this bullshit.

Lyz and Zander
zaner-waner-fluffy-butt <3

'05 Siberian Husky

Old 02-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

GREAT.
Unless my dad can fix it, I just broke the treadmill... with static electricity. Reached down to adjust my speed and KER-ZAP.

Now the preset speed buttons don't work, which isn't a huge deal, but the display for how many miles you've run doesn't work, which IS a huge deal... kinda hard to train for a half marathon if you can't track your miles.

This is the last thing I needed to happen tonight. Just *$&@ everything... seriously.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I have a ton of laundry to wash and put away. Dislike.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Oh yeah...we are both dog haters too. I absolutely despise dogs.

Oh, and there's a reason I have a 'extra' FB and my personal one . People are nuts.
No kidding--good grief!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:11 AM
Taxiderpy

Nuuu!!! I drove half an hour to the place that usually sells smelt and they were out! So I bought some mackerel instead, and when I got home and opened the package hoping to have some nommy grilled mackerel, they smelled... off.

And it's too far to justify spending the gas money to return them.

On the plus, they're not so off that they're reeking or anything. They're probably fine. I just have a really sensitive nose about fish, and fish that's on the cusp of going bad is just eww. So instead I butterfly filleted them and am baking them for the dogs.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:02 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
Well for those of you who care, my friend came over and apologized. Idk it just felt...I don't know. Off. She hugged us and then in one moment she hugged really tight and things felt okay. But when we pulled away my sister and I both had tears in our eyes and she had nothing. And her mother (who basically is the reason for all of this) said she doesn't want us communicating through text for a while and made her block us on Instagram. So that definitely made things better between us (not). So I mean it's whatever. I'm over it. I am and I'm not. I miss who she used to be but I can't change the fact that she'll never be that person again. And even if we smooth things over, things will never be the way they used to be. So I'm trying hard to just move on from it. It's just hard. But I'm not alone. My sister and I were best friends before this person came into our lives (we've known each other for many years but became close in the last 2 or 3 years) and we are still best friends. We have each other and she has "popularity" and fake friends (who a couple weeks ago she was telling us were slutty and bitchy and mean). So I guess at least we got the better end of the deal.
I'm sorry her apology felt forced at least you can get some closure now and maybe when she comes to her senses and realizes her fake friends are not really so great, you can be there for her.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:14 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I'm sorry her apology felt forced at least you can get some closure now and maybe when she comes to her senses and realizes her fake friends are not really so great, you can be there for her.
Thank you, I hope so. I don't think I'll ever "get over" this but I hope I can eventually move on from it. I still have moments where my heart is breaking. But I talked with my sister last night and we both agree that we are so grateful to have each other and that we'll be okay. I can't tell you how much I love her.

Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Old 02-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Chihuahua Power!

I'm sorry, Dixie's mom.

I've had friends like that in middle and high school, and the best thing you can do is just give them space. Sometimes they'll drift away, and sometimes they'll come back. High school is that time in life where people are trying new things and trying to "find" themselves. It's just normal to grow apart and forge a new path.

My best friend in high school and I drifted apart entirely in our senior year. We each just found different groups of friends who were so different from each other. It wasn't an all of a sudden change like with your friend, but it happened over a period of a few months.

Maybe your friend will realize that her new friends aren't as fun or "true" as you and your sister... or maybe she's moving in the same direction as they.

Either way, I can understand how unfair it seems right now. It will get better, though.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 02-02-2013, 10:24 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Thank you ~Jessie~ that really made me feel better.