Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-30-2013, 12:26 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
The thing is, it's things like this that keep me from wanting new friends. I can't take that sh**. I really can't.
I used to be like that when I was younger (teens, twenties) it uses to bother me alot, but now it doesn't so much.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Got in touch with my breeder today to see if she would be doing any more breedings with my favorite sire and dam and she said that things in her life are kind of changing around and she won't know for sure if she will be doing ANY more breedings AT ALL until a few months down the road. Iwillhazabigsadifthathappens!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 01-30-2013, 01:13 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Didn't sleep well last night, had to leave the house at 7, won't be back until at least 9:30. I just want sleep.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:14 PM
Wookie Collie

My boyfriend is gone to Florida for two weeks. He left yesterday and my anxiety is already nearing unbearable tolerance. Which is disconcerting, because he and I haven't been doing well lately and being alone scares me.

Stupid brain. Stop it. Let me be awesome.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 01-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

So frustrated. Slowly losing more and more places to take dogs to in order to work on leash work around distractions. I usually take the dogs to home depot by my place. They have never cared and the people there really like my dogs, especially Cricket.

Josh and I ran to home depot just now. He needed some stuff for a job he is doing for our landlord and I needed a new snap to replace a snap on one of my leashes. Decided to bring Cricket with to take advantage of the opportunity to work with her a little there.

I'm walking up to the door and see a big sign that says no pets allowed anymore except for assistance dogs.

So.... Yet another place I can't bring my dogs to now... I was so frustrated that I had to turn around and leave Cricket in the car while I grabbed what I needed. Tempted to not go back to home depot at all now honestly.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 01-30-2013, 01:52 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
So frustrated. Slowly losing more and more places to take dogs to in order to work on leash work around distractions. I usually take the dogs to home depot by my place. They have never cared and the people there really like my dogs, especially Cricket.

Josh and I ran to home depot just now. He needed some stuff for a job he is doing for our landlord and I needed a new snap to replace a snap on one of my leashes. Decided to bring Cricket with to take advantage of the opportunity to work with her a little there.

I'm walking up to the door and see a big sign that says no pets allowed anymore except for assistance dogs.

So.... Yet another place I can't bring my dogs to now... I was so frustrated that I had to turn around and leave Cricket in the car while I grabbed what I needed. Tempted to not go back to home depot at all now honestly.
Another reason not to go... Look at my most recent shared story on FB.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:36 PM
Top Dog

Shipping Zander with us just keeps getting more and more complicated.

He needs an international microchip. Then an updated rabies vaccine. Both need to be 21+ days prior to when we leave(or get a 10 Health Cert). Then we get a 10 Day Health Cert, but it can only be filled out by a VS Area Office. The closest Area Office to us in Mississippi will be in Jackson. The closest to Baltimore is Richmond, VA.

I find it weird we weren't told about this, at all. We were only told that Zane needs to be UTD on his shots. End. Zilch. Nothing about the rest of this was explained or even mentioned.

Now I'm wondering if everyone we've talked to thus far is just that flippin' useless or if we some how, some way, don't apply to this scenario since we are military or just flying into the base itself.

Urg.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post

He needs an international microchip. Then an updated rabies vaccine. Both need to be 21+ days prior to when we leave(or get a 10 Health Cert). Then we get a 10 Day Health Cert, but it can only be filled out by a VS Area Office. The closest Area Office to us in Mississippi will be in Jackson. The closest to Baltimore is Richmond, VA.

I find it weird we weren't told about this, at all. We were only told that Zane needs to be UTD on his shots. End. Zilch. Nothing about the rest of this was explained or even mentioned.

Now I'm wondering if everyone we've talked to thus far is just that flippin' useless or if we some how, some way, don't apply to this scenario since we are military or just flying into the base itself.

Urg.
That's weird because y'all weren't told about this stuff earlier. I would be contacting the base y'all are going to (if y'all have not already) and see what they say.
I would be very very p1ssed if I JUST found out this BS. Go over whoever's head you have to. There are ways around everything, you just have to find them.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
She's been posting on Instagram and hasn't replied to me. So I made one more attempt to get an answer out of her but after that, I'm done. I'm here crying because this is just tearing me up and I can't stand it anymore.
I know you're upset, but perhaps you are being too clingy and she feels like she needs some space? It's great that you love your friends so deeply, but maybe it's too much for them??
Old 01-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post

Urg.
My guess is everyone else was useless. I've never heard of a dog NOT needing all those things for flying to a foreign country, military or not. Be glad it's not somewhere like Australia or Hawaii, it could be much worse!