Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
My dad changed Rosey's "outside" command.

So I'm standing there going "Rosey, outside?" and she's ignoring me, he walks in the room, and goes "Rosey, walk the plank?" and she runs out. THANKS, DAD.
Lmao.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:10 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Friends come and friends go. It's all a part of growing up. I think I retained like 2 or 3 of my high school friends and even then we're more of acquaintances now than anything. I have a completely different set of friends based on my interests (dog stuff) and they're all older than me by a lot but they're more mature and honestly a much better fit for me than my old crowd. You'll find new people as you grow and work more and develop interests and do activities outside a school setting. It's scary and sad at first but that's the journey, you know?

Thanks, but the thing is, I see this person two to four times a week at church. She will always be a part of my life. And because of this I have to pretend nothing is wrong and just go on with life when my insides feel like they are being squeezed. I feel like total sh** about this and there's nothing I can do. And this person is/was like a sister to me. She isn't just some friend from high school, I've known her since she was 4 years old.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 01-29-2013, 07:34 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Had a dog come in to work today in critical condition. After working all afternoon to get him to pull through, and putting him through an emergency surgery, he passed away right as we were suturing him up after the surgery.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 01-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Top Dog

Doing taxes makes someone *really* grumpy. This someone might also be named Matt. This someone may also get things thrown at him soon. Just sayin.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 01-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Top Dog

I hate when vets retire. :-(

Took Journey to see a vet tonight just for a weigh in and exam, mostly for the experience of it for her and because she pants a lot so I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a heart concern or anything. Good news. She's fine. Perfectly healthy. Just hot apparently.

But I was thoroughly unimpressed with the clinic. I went there because Toller people recommend them as the clinic supposedly has a couple of more holistically minded vets, and I specifically requested one highly recommended vet in particular. We get into the exam room, wait a half hour even though nobody else was there, and then finally a person walks in. Apparently she was a vet... I thought she was a tech/assistant, or I would have said something right away. She was NOT the vet I requested. Not at all. She was vaccine pushy, food pushy, pushy in any way that you can think of. Not willing to listen at all, didn't even hardly do an exam until I said "well, aren't you going to listen to her heart or check her out at all?", and wanted to pump her full of a combo vax PLUS rabies PLUS dewormer and thank goodness she didn't ask what I feed. And then she tried using scare tactics to get me to vaccinate Journey against a million and one different things "Well I just put down two puppies this week for Parvo" and "last week I saw a cat infected with rabies" and blah blah blah. I get that these diseases are a concern, but I'm not going to shock my poor puppy's system by giving her a bunch of stuff at once. That's just what I believe in, and why I went with a breeder who feels the same way. I don't need some vet I've never met in my life, who talked to me like this was my first pet ever, to shove garbage down my throat in a pathetically uneducational way.

I'm just so aggravated. I wish I'd said something as soon as she came in and I realized she wasn't who I booked the appointment with. The whole reason I went to this clinic is because I wanted to avoid a debate about the way I choose to raise my puppy, and I definitely avoided none of that and just left feeling mad and upset.

I definitely will not be going there again. I'm sure the vet I was supposed to see is actually a good vet and a nice person, but this experience was horrible and the staff at the front did nothing to make me feel any better. They seemed rather simple, and obviously didn't book the appt how I requested. I'm all about giving second chances, but not when it comes to my dog's health, and not when we already had a bad experience with their sister clinic as well in the past.

Here's to hoping the vet my adult dogs go to will be willing to listen. Food and vaccines have never come up there yet because I know that their clinic is full of yucky food and they seem the type to push vaccines, but they're friendly and nice and hopefully will listen and respect how I feel.

Ripley
Keira CGN
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM
Old 01-29-2013, 09:02 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
Thanks, but the thing is, I see this person two to four times a week at church. She will always be a part of my life. And because of this I have to pretend nothing is wrong and just go on with life when my insides feel like they are being squeezed. I feel like total sh** about this and there's nothing I can do. And this person is/was like a sister to me. She isn't just some friend from high school, I've known her since she was 4 years old.
I have a good friend that I have known for like ... ever & we sadly arent as close as we used to be, you know, we have different interests now & such (she is into dance, I am into horses/dogs) but there is nothing "wrong" with us, we still talk thru FB & such & I can still talk to/with her about anything.

I was surprised when I got back to the track, I bumped into an old, good guy friend of mine & instantly the bond was there, it was like we never lost touch. I havent known him for as long as I have my other friend (I have known him since 2001 or so, my other friend I have known since we were in diapers LOL).

I guess it depends on the person , life, the situation etc ... with either friend, no matter how long its been, i could call them up or they could call me up & we could get a beer & it would be like old times. I have also had people who I did drift away from after HS but then we reconnected thru facebook.

I am sorry that is happening with your friend, as someone with few friends, i always get sad when that happens

Old 01-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
I hate when vets retire. :-(

Took Journey to see a vet tonight just for a weigh in and exam, mostly for the experience of it for her and because she pants a lot so I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a heart concern or anything. Good news. She's fine. Perfectly healthy. Just hot apparently.

But I was thoroughly unimpressed with the clinic. I went there because Toller people recommend them as the clinic supposedly has a couple of more holistically minded vets, and I specifically requested one highly recommended vet in particular. We get into the exam room, wait a half hour even though nobody else was there, and then finally a person walks in. Apparently she was a vet... I thought she was a tech/assistant, or I would have said something right away. She was NOT the vet I requested. Not at all. She was vaccine pushy, food pushy, pushy in any way that you can think of. Not willing to listen at all, didn't even hardly do an exam until I said "well, aren't you going to listen to her heart or check her out at all?", and wanted to pump her full of a combo vax PLUS rabies PLUS dewormer and thank goodness she didn't ask what I feed. And then she tried using scare tactics to get me to vaccinate Journey against a million and one different things "Well I just put down two puppies this week for Parvo" and "last week I saw a cat infected with rabies" and blah blah blah. I get that these diseases are a concern, but I'm not going to shock my poor puppy's system by giving her a bunch of stuff at once. That's just what I believe in, and why I went with a breeder who feels the same way. I don't need some vet I've never met in my life, who talked to me like this was my first pet ever, to shove garbage down my throat in a pathetically uneducational way.

I'm just so aggravated. I wish I'd said something as soon as she came in and I realized she wasn't who I booked the appointment with. The whole reason I went to this clinic is because I wanted to avoid a debate about the way I choose to raise my puppy, and I definitely avoided none of that and just left feeling mad and upset.

I definitely will not be going there again. I'm sure the vet I was supposed to see is actually a good vet and a nice person, but this experience was horrible and the staff at the front did nothing to make me feel any better. They seemed rather simple, and obviously didn't book the appt how I requested. I'm all about giving second chances, but not when it comes to my dog's health, and not when we already had a bad experience with their sister clinic as well in the past.

Here's to hoping the vet my adult dogs go to will be willing to listen. Food and vaccines have never come up there yet because I know that their clinic is full of yucky food and they seem the type to push vaccines, but they're friendly and nice and hopefully will listen and respect how I feel.
Boo, that sucks.

I've heard good things about Marda Loop clinic. There's also a rate my vet kind of website out there, maybe google it and look up some vets?

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 01-29-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Had a dog come in to work today in critical condition. After working all afternoon to get him to pull through, and putting him through an emergency surgery, he passed away right as we were suturing him up after the surgery.
something similar happened to Izze, she passed away from a pulmonary embolism on the operating table

Old 01-29-2013, 09:30 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Ugh. Worst part of the job right there. It sucks for the animal, the owner, and then it just takes such a crappy toll on the staff.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 01-29-2013, 09:57 PM

stupid mice in our dorm building ... i thought i had them packing thanks to moth balls & glue traps, but i hear more movement & scurrying around so I guess not in two days a few weeks ago we caught almost 20 in glue traps! they are feild mice & they were so bad they were running across our bed!