Old 01-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

I have no voice, none at all.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 01-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
After making headway in this area over the last couple months, I was excluded from family activities because of Logan again. Then my brother had a little fit that "Well ,you can still come, just don't bring the dog!" Uh, no. I didn't spend 2 1/2 years training him just to not be able to use him.
This is honestly one of my greatest fears service dog wise.
Of course everyone loves Merlin now, he is a puppy and only comes out to fun little trips that are doggy friendly.

But when he graduates and is with me all the time.. will people treat me differently, will my family think it's weird, will people stare, will I not get invited places, will I always be "the girl with the dog"..
I know It's so vain and so stupid to be worrying about this kind of stuff. I mean, what is it in contrast to independence? It's just..I dunno..

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Dear sister

SCREW YOU! you wonder why people don't go out of their way for you... I know why. It is because you are miserable and ungrateful.

Back story: when we took our trip to Disney I preordered the photopass CD so that we would get every photo taken by a disney photographer. I always preorder it (cheaper that way). I extended the CD option to everyone in our party... Just give me your photopass numbers and I will put them on my account and everyone will get the photos. It cost $129. No biggie I would have ordered it whether they contributed money or not but they all decided they would give $20 per family towards the CD (the vast majority of photos are of Hannah so I said $20 was plenty.

My dad was the only one who actually gave me money towards it but again no biggie because I would have ordered it regardless.

Fastforward a bit. I thought I had ordered the cd for delivery after we got home, for some reason it didn't go through and by the time I realized it the photos had expired. Que freak out by me but thankfully they were able to recover the photos and I got the cd's last week (yes there were so many photos that they needed two cds lol) now I have to burn the photos onto some cds and mmail them up there. I have been extremely busy between work, our homeschool co ops, hannahs sports and things, my fit club and my church obligations (worship team practice and outreach committee) and I just haven't had a chance to go buy rewriteable cds.

So today I was on the phone with my dad and he says "BTW Your sister has been bitching non stop about how she doesn't have her CD yet". Yeah well you tell her she can bite me lol. First of all, I am BUSY and I will get to it when I can. Secondly, i just got the cd last week and thirdly, YOU NEVER PAID YOUR SHARE and like I said I don't care about the money but how DARE she complain that things aren't happening on her timeline when she contributed ZERO to it in the first place. How RUDE! How ungrateful, I didn't have to include you in our photopass, I could have left you to pay full price for all your pictures but I didn't and I disn't demand anything from you in return for it either and you complain that I am not being timely enough with YOUR CD? Well lesson learned. Buy your own next time.

HMPFFFFFF *poutyface*
ugggg , I would upload them to Picasa and send her a link, let her download the ones she wants. Such a shame to act like that .
Old 01-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
This is honestly one of my greatest fears service dog wise.
Of course everyone loves Merlin now, he is a puppy and only comes out to fun little trips that are doggy friendly.

But when he graduates and is with me all the time.. will people treat me differently, will my family think it's weird, will people stare, will I not get invited places, will I always be "the girl with the dog"..
I know It's so vain and so stupid to be worrying about this kind of stuff. I mean, what is it in contrast to independence? It's just..I dunno..
The only place I could see it being an issue is inviting someone with a service dog to a home that has dogs (that don't care for other dogs) or is VERY highly allergic to them. Other than that the more well behaved dogs the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:35 PM
orange iguanas.

The packaged Panera soups you can buy at grocery stores do not actually taste like Panera soup. DISAPPOINTMENT.

So I am eating Peanut Butter Crunch ceral for dinner instead. Because I could not handle eating that flavorless, crunchy-vegetable soup. =P

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 01-27-2013, 08:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
The only place I could see it being an issue is inviting someone with a service dog to a home that has dogs (that don't care for other dogs) or is VERY highly allergic to them. Other than that the more well behaved dogs the merrier as far as I'm concerned.
Unfortunately, family doesn't see it that way. They don't want to be seen with someone that's obviously disabled (ie, has a service dog). They don't understand that no, I will NOT just go without him. It was getting better, buy my brother seems to have decided to make it worse again There's a difference between what's legal, what's illegal, what's socially acceptable, what's socially unacceptable, and what actually happens.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I am pretty much just a failure at everything.
Nothing new.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-27-2013, 09:39 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Unfortunately, family doesn't see it that way. They don't want to be seen with someone that's obviously disabled (ie, has a service dog). They don't understand that no, I will NOT just go without him. It was getting better, buy my brother seems to have decided to make it worse again There's a difference between what's legal, what's illegal, what's socially acceptable, what's socially unacceptable, and what actually happens.
I saw yous blog, for what its worth, I happen to think that Logan is a wonderful, beautiful dog, & he's a collie!!! one of my all time fave breeds in the world & a breed I hope to own one day. It's a shame some people can't see dogs like we do.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I am pretty much just a failure at everything.
Nothing new.
(((HUGS)))
No you are not. SMILE.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

sometimes ... actually most of the time i feel like that too, thatI cant do anything right & I mess up alot & the more i try not to mess up, the more i do , I also have self esteem issues so that doesnt help.

I know that feeling, like you dont feel comfortable in your own skin ... & it sucks