Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Top Dog

6 weeks until we leave.

Jin's sponsor is no where to be found. My passport JUST got here and now I have to send it off again to get my Visa. Our debit cards are expiring and USAA is giving us a run around about getting the new ones earlier.

And just....ugh. WHY IS EVERYTHING GOING SO SLOW. I want this crap done NOW.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:35 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
My child is in a foul mood today. I'm not the biggest kid person anyway, so the whiny toddler sounds are grating. He's better here, but any time we are in public, he's just crabby. Probably because he will. not. nap.

Then, his crabby self and I headed off to his doctor's appt for the booster they had me schedule a month ago when he had his vaccines. Got there, sat in a room full of sickies, and.....no, he isn't due for a booster. What the hell?! So, while he was there I asked if they could call in something else for his ear infection, since he was allergic to the amoxicillin. The nurse said she'd let the doctor know (nurses are the one who see you when you're there for a booster, which is fine). No call. So now he'll be several days without meds for his ear. Fun times, fun times.

Tried to do pics, but my child is uncooperative. And he's too crabby for me to do any pics of the dogs since it's not wise to leave a toddler to his own devices inside, lol, and if I take him outside with me he's just loud.

And, my nose has restuffed itself today. This is like three weeks of having a nonworking nasal passage.

/venting over
Same here, I struggle to maintain airflow through my nose because I. Can. Not. Sleep. Breathing through my mouth :/.

Vent NO 2: I "stole" two dragon eggs (those little creatures in my siggy) & they died while I was in my sickly stupor
Old 01-16-2013, 01:46 AM
Top Dog

http://www.kake.com/news/headlines/G...187032741.html

I was in the Captive Animal Health class and it was the first thing that was announced (what a crappy way to start the semester ). When we were finishing the tour of the vet hospital, they were bringing his body back to the necropsy room. Emmitt was the first animal I worked with at the zoo 8 years ago. I'll miss him
Old 01-16-2013, 03:39 AM
Bored Now.

Came back from airport, had an idiot cab driver who HAD A GPS SITTING ON THE WINDSHIELD AND COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE IT so I had to give him step by step directions to my house. "Right turn onto Route 66." "Here?" "No, at ROUTE 66." "Here?" He had a CEL on and a flat tire and was insisting the car was fine. UGH.

So I get in, car is gone.

Gone.

I have a ****ing heart attack, call the apt complex, call the police, call the boyfriend at 1AM. . . finally figure out the car has been towed at the complex's request. WHEN THE CAR IS REGISTERED WITH THE COMPLEX AND HAS A PARKING STICKER AND A COMPLEX KEYFOB ON THE DASHBOARD.

I then have to take a cab most of the way into DC to retrieve my car, but figure out which taxi company I liked and called them - and the driver I got the last few times noticed my request, recognized my name and address and came to get me in like 5 minutes which was AWESOME. I love that guy. He was cussing my apartment complex out for me on the way in to the tow lot and insisted on waiting for me until I told him everything was good and the car was fine because it was a sketchy area with an unlit lot.

Drive back in the rain, GPS does ****all to help me so I get lost, finally get home and now it's 3:30AM and I am home and stressed and tired and have to be in to work in the AM.

I am also over $300 poorer.

AWESOME. MOTHER****ING. NIGHT.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Top Dog

So, I have the option of sleeping in tomorrow with nothing going on until class at 1pm...or getting up at 6 to be at the zoo for a wolf roundup.

WHY AM I SICK?! If I wasn't sick, the choice would be simple - WOLVES, DUH. But noooo. I still feel like crap and sleeping in sounds like a much better choice.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:40 PM
Sport Model Pug

Bank account is sad. Rehab vet costs a lot and is so worth it but yeah. Lol

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 01-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Love My Mutt <3

When Ella first got here, she started pulling down the puppy pad when it was dirty and putting it in the litter box. I thought "wow, how useful! what a good, smart girl!"

Yah, now it's just annoying -_-

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 01-16-2013, 02:28 PM
and Fozzie B!

I got pneumonia after having a c-section with a cold... my doctor told me for 2 weeks it was just a lingering cold, until I had a fever of 103 last week! D: I finally got meds but felt like I was dying. Now I'm getting better, and I've been pumping hourly, but my boobs are producing barely anything. Malakai has had to switch to formula, and it's upsetting his stomach and making him extremely fussy and restless. I feel like a failure.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 01-16-2013, 02:48 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post
I got pneumonia after having a c-section with a cold... my doctor told me for 2 weeks it was just a lingering cold, until I had a fever of 103 last week! D: I finally got meds but felt like I was dying. Now I'm getting better, and I've been pumping hourly, but my boobs are producing barely anything. Malakai has had to switch to formula, and it's upsetting his stomach and making him extremely fussy and restless. I feel like a failure.
I'm sorry to hear that DON'T feel like you are a failure though. Try different formulas (I think gerber has a gentle formula) until you find one that works. I've heard mothers milk tea helps with production so maybe give that a shot. I had to stop breastfeeding Hannah earlier than I planned and I felt horrible for it but now I realize that I did what I felt I had to do and I have a happy and healthy 5 year old. (((HUGS)))

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-16-2013, 02:50 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Ok my vent for the day.

Dear Mr Police officer

I understand you need to get to the scene as quickly as possible and thus you need to drive a lot faster than the rest of us and we need to get out of the way. HOWEVER, if you are going to do this and take the curve in my oncoming traffic lane PLEASE TURN ON YOUR LIGHTS AND SIREN. It's dark and gloomy out and the roads are slippery. thankfully I still saw you with plenty of time to slow down and get out of your way but had I been any closer this could have been a problem. You have lights and a siren... USE THEM!

Sincerely,
driver that almost crapped her pants when you came out of nowhere lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney