Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Top Dog

Clive was bitten at daycare. This is the second time in a week. The first time did not break the skin, but this one did a bit. And, it's on his back. What kind of weird little kid bites someone on the back, lol.

I know little kids go through bitey phases, but good lord.

ETA: vent #2: The lad coaches a high school sport. They were supposed to leave in the morning for a tournament over the weekend, but had to leave last minute today as it's going to snow in that area (way to go, Arizona) and there would be too much snow overnight for them to be able to get there tomorrow. So, not only did I have to pass off my on call evening (can't go in in the middle of the night, if need be, with a toddler) but he also took the laptop so I can't stream movies. Horrors.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Top Dog

New betta just tried to eat one of the two remaining cherry shrimp in that tank. I know I know, thats what they do.....and I knew it was possible. I just didnt expect to walk in on the end of the hunt. I tried saving the poor little thing but no go. It was a big one too, at least a year.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:35 AM
Top Dog

MY DOG IS A ****ING IDIOT. He just vomited up a freaking SOS pad! I don't even know when he might have eaten it - it had to have been when I was in the bathroom or something and my mom was "watching" him. Ugh.

At least he vomited it up. I can't imagine what would even make him THINK that it would be good to eat, let alone actually SWALLOW it. Ew.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:16 AM
Top Dog

My mom keeps nagging me about the flu shot because I didn't get one and don't intend to get one. Fortunately, tonight just after she was nagging again, a news story came on about how useless the vaccine seems to be this year. I haven't heard anything since then lol.

Also, I have had a cold for 3 days. Today my mom decided to tell me to go to the doctor so I can get Tamiflu for the flu I'm getting. UM, HELLO? It's been THREE DAYS. If this was the flu, I'd be pretty miserable by this point. My cold is getting BETTER, not worse.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:52 AM
Top Dog

Clive woke up with not only the snotty nose he's had all week, but also a goopey (but not red or irritated looking) eye. Not sure if it's connected to the cold thing, but I can't send him to daycare until I'm sure it isnt' contagious. So I had to use at least part of my last vacation day in hopes that I can get him in to the doctor this morning. Although we've been dead all week, we were full on appts today, so I am sure people will love me, and I'm sure I'll enjoy my pitiful next paycheck (our vacation days are only 8 hours, we work 10 hour days) My husband has a million sick and personal days to take, but alas he's at a tournament.

To top it off, the bug I've had off and on since Christmas has moved to my ear today. But since I do not have a regular doctor,I won't be able to get in anywhere and I will not pay urgent care prices for an irritated ear.

Stupid germs.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:56 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

There is a stinkbug smell following me everywhere and I can't figure out where it's coming from. it's really gross and nauseating but I can't get rid of it because I can't find where it's coming from.

I wish all those useless little insects would just DIE horrible little deaths lol.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Ball Thrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
Clive was bitten at daycare. This is the second time in a week. The first time did not break the skin, but this one did a bit. And, it's on his back. What kind of weird little kid bites someone on the back, lol.

I know little kids go through bitey phases, but good lord.

ETA: vent #2: The lad coaches a high school sport. They were supposed to leave in the morning for a tournament over the weekend, but had to leave last minute today as it's going to snow in that area (way to go, Arizona) and there would be too much snow overnight for them to be able to get there tomorrow. So, not only did I have to pass off my on call evening (can't go in in the middle of the night, if need be, with a toddler) but he also took the laptop so I can't stream movies. Horrors.
I once bit my little cousin on the back. But he was annoying me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I thought I had this stupid cold kicked in the butt, but today it decided to come back. Ack. At least it's just a cold, though, and not something worse.
I had a cold, it went away, then I got sinusitis from the fluctuating weather and the cold seemed to come back this morning with a cough. I have 3 days off, and I'm hoping I'm not sick for all three. I'm now deaf in my left ear (all clogged up) and partially deaf in the right.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
My mom keeps nagging me about the flu shot because I didn't get one and don't intend to get one. Fortunately, tonight just after she was nagging again, a news story came on about how useless the vaccine seems to be this year. I haven't heard anything since then lol...
My husband has been on the vaccine kick the past couple of days, too. I asked him if he remembered how sick my friend was a few weeks ago, and that she had gotten the vaccine. He hasn't mentioned getting it since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
Clive woke up with not only the snotty nose he's had all week, but also a goopey (but not red or irritated looking) eye. Not sure if it's connected to the cold thing, but I can't send him to daycare until I'm sure it isnt' contagious...
Could very well be related to the snotty nose. When our youngest was about a year old he got so stuffed up from croup that the goop started draining from his eyes. Scared the beejous out of us until the doctor explained it.

Got a FB message from my niece last night asking for our youngest son's address for my mother. AGAIN I can't tell you how many times I've emailed his address to my sister (who lives with my mother), or my mother has written it down when she was here. Then my mother says, through my niece, that our son's Christmas card was returned to her 3 times. Oh, and do I know if he got a gift she had sent from where ever she bought it. Well, it turns out she sent the card certified because she put money in it. Which means our son has to go to the PO to get it. Uh- working 12 hour shifts just doesn't lend itself to doing that. Which also explains the Chirstmas gift she had sent directly from where she bought it.

And that's just the "mother rant" from last night. The list goes on and on.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:36 AM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

So. Who wants him?

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:19 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

So many people/kids/animals sick ... Now when I blow my nose, all this gross stuff comes out (not going to say what color it is :X) but when I blow it feels ... Weird like... When I blow I can feel it coming clear form my sinuses ... But only from one side :/

Stupid germs -_-