Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-09-2013, 07:59 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

I think it's kind of ironic (not in my case anymore because my parents have sen the light lol) that parents spend our whole lives teaching us to be respectful of other people's belongings, property, animals & whatever & then once we grow up & get places of our own or come visit them they don't practice what THEY preached lol

Old 01-09-2013, 09:11 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Are you taking any supplements for immunity? I take C, lysine, & zinc but when I am I'll I "double up" on them if I am ill. Not sure if this is the best thing to do, but it works for me.

Hope your dr apt goes well .
I was taking emergen-c but it really didn't help and it was really expensive for so little of it, IMO. I'm sure it would be cheaper to buy each supplement (vitamin c, zinc, etc) separately and in pill form though. I may try that.

Thank you! The appointment is at 1. I was coughing up some bloody stuff this morning so I'm worried about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzigane View Post
Oh no! Well, at least there's that. Good luck, hope you feel better.
Thank you!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 01-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
I was taking emergen-c but it really didn't help and it was really expensive for so little of it, IMO. I'm sure it would be cheaper to buy each supplement (vitamin c, zinc, etc) separately and in pill form though. I may try that.

Thank you! The appointment is at 1. I was coughing up some bloody stuff this morning so I'm worried about that.

Thank you!
I take elderberry, and when I start to feel a bit iffy I start downing raw honey. I used to do zinc, but it seems I can't tolerate a zinc supplement. Every time I start to take one I end up vomiting within a couple days. A bottle of elderberry capsules is around $9 and lasts about a month. I found raw honey for as little as $2.49 for 8oz, but usually it's clsoer to $4-$5 for 8 ounces.

Hope your appointment goes well and you can get on the road to recovery!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Sport Model Pug

It's freshness tracking time. I hate it and would love to never have to do it again... Basically I have to pull ALL THE BAGS off shelves and pull off old stickers and put on new different coloured stickers.

Pain in the ass, makes my back and arms hurt a ton and all the getting on the ground and then standing up makes me dizzy and it seems every time we finish doing it and get the discount stickers for the expiring stuff we have to do it again... There's always a bunch expiring, it feels like more than should be.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 01-09-2013, 12:27 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Oh I don't buy ester/emergenC due to the expense ... I usually get the "generic" gummy (not the pill or the chewable ... Because I can't tolorate those) also acai is really good for immunity.

I tend to cough up blood with bad allergies too.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I lay down for a nap at 7:30 last night. I'm just waking up now. At 1:30pm.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 01-09-2013, 12:41 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I lay down for a nap at 7:30 last night. I'm just waking up now. At 1:30pm.
This is a vent?? That sounds incredible.

Vent: my neighborhood is turning shady and there was another break-in last night a couple houses away. Sucks because it makes me uncomfortable to be home alone after dark, which these days is like 5pm. Thankfully both of my dogs sound like killing machines even though they're complete wusses.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 01-09-2013, 01:19 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Yeah I have to go to sleep earlier because I wake up a lot over the course of the night, change positons , then fall back asleep.

They key for me is be able to fall RIGHT BACK to sleep imediately after or I have trouble getting to sleep.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Top Dog

I hate my college. The process of registering/enrolling/whatever you want to do is a bitch. All of the employees are either 60+ or under 25. I don't want the person in charge of my financial aid to be 21. Sorry, but I feel like you are not qualified to advise me. And it just so happens they changed a lot for this semester. "No, I'm sorry. We don't accept WW2 forms anymore. You have to drive 30 minutes to another town and get a piece of paper from them."

Yeah, I procrastinate, but in my defense, I HAD what I thought I needed. They just changed the rules on me. You KNOW the finances. I did the **** FASFA. Now I have to get this paper AND pay 50% of my classes today to get into school. Gah. Now I'm in a bind. Hopefully things will be fixed today. Otherwise, I can't go this semester.
Also, no one knows what I'm talking about. Ever. And if they don't (and they never do) they direct you to another office which you need to wait at least 30 minutes in line for. There's 3 people, but only two are open. Wtf? Seriously, going there is worse than the DMV. I equate it to hospitals. Such a PITA.

I wish I could do this all on online.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:25 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Thanks guys! I'll look into it!

It's not pneumonia quite yet, but very close. It's severe bronchitis and if I'm not better (with the antibiotics, steroids, prescription cough syrup, breathing treatments, etc) in a few days then I have to come back because it will have probably progressed to pneumonia. Hoping for the best, the Justin Bieber concert is in 9 days and I WILL be there come hell or high water.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)