Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-01-2013, 05:43 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I know it would be a totally different age group and whatnot... but maybe you could take that experience and apply to daycare centers or something?
Maybe.. I've thought about it but honestly I really loved this job until my boss left. It just sucks. A guy who started working AFTER me (and for the record was out with the flu the same time I was) got more hours (same hours we used to have) than me, and I don't think it's fair.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 01-01-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm All Ears

I have to go back to work tomorrow after a pretty good vacation of 12 days off. I was hoping I'd be all rested but I've spent a lot of it traveling to relatives and then having people over for the holidays. I didn't have a chance to get my housework I'd wanted done.

And work is going to be all drama-filled tomorrow, I know. It's too long a story but I am hoping it's mostly settled down while I've been out but everyone's been out and are all getting back tomorrow.... ugh. I hate drama.

Plus side... nosework and agility start up again tomorrow and thursday. I really miss it on our weeks off. I spend too much time training dogs.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm All Ears

Also it's raining and nasty outside and cold. I don't want to go walk in it, Summer refuses to walk in it. Mia probably would but she won't just go play in the yard. Between that and being out of town and leaving her with the dogsitter, and then the lack of classes, I'm getting to see how bad Mia really is with nothing but some ball playing and chews to keep her entertained. It is not fun. She's whining every minute or two and is doing all sorts of weird stuff (like jumping in the bath tub and digging in it all the time
Old 01-01-2013, 06:14 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I'm sitting here crying about my job and I keep trying to tell myself that there's nothing I can do and that it's not personal, but it still really upsets me. She did offer me a chance to direct clubs two days a week for 3 hours if I can think of a club of like to direct. I asked her if she needed someone to do an art class or a singing/voice class and I haven't heard back yet. So she is trying to help me out, it just sucks.

Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Old 01-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
I'm sitting here crying about my job and I keep trying to tell myself that there's nothing I can do and that it's not personal, but it still really upsets me. She did offer me a chance to direct clubs two days a week for 3 hours if I can think of a club of like to direct. I asked her if she needed someone to do an art class or a singing/voice class and I haven't heard back yet. So she is trying to help me out, it just sucks.
=< (((((HUGS))))) Been in the crying over a job position not that long ago and it's horrible. I would explore some other options, like find an afterschool program or daycare center maybe. Are you still in touch with your old boss? Ask her if she would write a letter of reference for you... not just be a reference, but write up a letter you can copy and submit with your application. It's nice that she is trying to help you out but since she is being slightly nasty (while it's certainly true in many places that nobody is guaranteed hours, it sounds like a BUNCH of people are getting shafted and that is bad news for everybody...) I would just start putting the feelers out. If you wait until you REALLY hate it to put the feelers out it will just be that much worse. Start looking now even if you're torn... if things improve you could always turn down another job offer.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-01-2013, 07:12 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Thanks so much Beanie that's great advice and I really appreciate it! I did ask of there were other schools in the area who need workers, but is still be working under the same woman. I will check out some other options. Thanks again!! ((Hug))

I just hate that I really love this job and its getting like this =\

Old 01-01-2013, 09:47 PM
orange iguanas.

Back to work tomorrow. And it's a long freaking day too lol 8am-7pm waaahhhh. Why do vacations go by so fast!! I'm not really sure if I am capable of going to bed at a reasonable time tonight, and getting up early tomorrow. Also of course terrified of how the day is going to go... since it's still a brand new job to me..

Just 3 more days to the weekend, woot?

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 01-01-2013, 11:08 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

My temp job just went bye bye & I have to go looking for another one again ... Boo hiss X(

Old 01-01-2013, 11:34 PM
Top Dog

I'm going to add to this page of work vents with I hate holidays because it means less days to complete the same amount of work. Oh but last week, we didn't get our normal stock, plus we had major sales the week before Christmas...so the order this week is H.U.G.E. On a normal week we get maybe six 8ft pallets of stock..NOT including dog food...this week will probably be like fourteen pallets. We couldn't get the smaller order of dog food put away Monday because it was a short day. So we will have those two pallets of dog food, plus probably six pallets of regular dog food, and fourteen pallets of pet product stock. Wahhhhh.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

I was suppose to be back to work today after the holidays. I slept like crap last night and then woke up with a terrible stomach ache. I thought I was just overly hungry, but I ended up throwing up. I tried to get to work, got half way there and then had to turn around because I was getting really nauseous. So I had to call work. I am hoping I only have food poisoning.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff