Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Holiday hours have started at work and I got shafted with all the 2-10pm shifts. As if there isn't places i'd rather been in the prime hours of my days.

Holiday hours can S my D.
See, I'm the weird one. I work 1 PM-9 PM regularly, and I LOVE it. It's my preferred shift.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerLover View Post
My healthy 15 year old cat that I brought in for pre-anesthetic dental bloodwork is sick, according to his bloodwork.

My vet left a message on my phone so I have to call him back tomorrow to discuss what we're going to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerLover View Post
He's hyperthyroid (not unexpected, he was borderline last year) but he's also got low WBC and elevated liver/kidney values.

The sad part is that this is exactly what happened to his mom. Luckily she had at least two more good years with management! Maybe we caught whatever's going on with him earlier? I can only hope.
I hope everything turns out alright! Senior kitties aren't any fun sometimes.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:49 AM
Top Dog

My brother has been living here for three days now... Not once in those three days has he payed any attention to his dog.. Why the hell did he want a dog!?!?
Old 12-19-2012, 07:34 AM
aka RedHotBabe

Dreamy has jumped up and turned on the iMac four times in the past ten minutes. I'M STILL TRYING TO SLEEP. Now I'm awake and can't fall back asleep. I want to kill him.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:38 AM
I'm All Ears

2:30 in the morning last night I woke up and promptly puked all over myself. It was the weirdest thing ever... I had zero warning it was coming. Just wake up and then blergh.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
2:30 in the morning last night I woke up and promptly puked all over myself. It was the weirdest thing ever... I had zero warning it was coming. Just wake up and then blergh.

I did the same thing Saturday night... Ended up all over my face, hair and was in my nose and even ears. In my case I had drank a little at the company holiday party and would have been totally fine if I hadn't done a couple tequila shots with my boss and coworkers to celebrate a successful year. No tequila for me ever again... Just ugh.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 12-19-2012, 09:27 AM
I'm All Ears

I called in sick to work. No idea what was wrong. I'm wondering if I should just go in this afternoon. I don't have much time stored up and am taking 3 days off next week. Urg.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaLilBitaLuck View Post
See, I'm the weird one. I work 1 PM-9 PM regularly, and I LOVE it. It's my preferred shift.
See I take dog classes so evenings off are best for me. I wasn't able to do any agility for all of November because my work decided that I must work all 1-9 shifts despite my availability being written down to say I needed Thursday nights off.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 12-19-2012, 03:07 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

I love working nights but I also love working with the horses ... We don't get days off, it's 7 days a week: I start at 5 am & we get done around 12, then OH goes back in the afternoon but I don't since he only needs me in the morning & I do most the work in the morning.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Today is apparently Payton's worst day ever... he was terribly upset by the roofers on the house nailing the shingles, didn't want to pee, didn't even want to eat. I had to coax him to eat his breakfast by sitting with him between my legs and holding his bowl for him, and even then it was a matter of nibble nibble, glare at the ceiling... nibble, glare at ceiling. I took him all the way down the street to pee, but he wouldn't poop. I took him back home and he had to poop so I took him in the kitchen and told him to poop. x_X Soooo he pooped in the kitchen on the linoleum where it was easy to clean up.

I crated the dogs in the basement and Payton's crate is bigger so it was on the bottom. UNFORTUNATELY when I got back home for lunch I discovered Auggie, crated on top, had thrown up. At first glance it looked like he threw up just on his pillow... when I let Payton out it became apparent the vomit had fallen down the outside of the crate ON PAYTON'S HEAD.

So not only was Payton completely upset and freaked out about the roofers, but AUGGIE THREW UP ON HIS HEAD. And then he had to get his head washed. =< Luckily my mom had the afternoon off so she volunteered to wash the Payton's head off so I could get back to work on time. And thankfully the roofers are almost done so they should be 100% GONE by the time I get back tonight and WILL NEVER RETURN.

Poor, poor Payton.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog