Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Felurian

I wound up with Tallulah because the vet treated her for parvo and then the owners couldn't pay the bill . . . I've felt bad for them because this particular vet is notorious for padding his bills on top of charging exorbitantly, but he did treat her.

Although an ongoing treatment like that is kind of a different situation from a yes/no do you want me to operate thing.

Still, what kind of cold asshole would rather kill a puppy than surrender it?

And, if it was from a legit sort of breeder, it's a terrible shame the breeder couldn't have been contacted. That's one of the things I've often thought should go into a breeder's contract; that if there's a situation like this, the breeder is given the opportunity to reclaim the dog or allow it to be rehomed.

I'm so sorry you had to do that, Katie. I know it hurt.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Love My Mutt <3

These people are being a huge PITA while closing. Nowhere in our contract does it SAY we have a dishwasher for you to use.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-01-2012, 11:42 PM
The Littlest Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
I'm so so sorry
This isn't the first time I've heard of this happening, it is beyond selfish. I hate people sometimes.
I've heard of it happening, this was the first I've seen it. Considering the way the woman was BAWLING when she dropped her off to be euth'd (DROPPED HER OFF - I should've known then ) I really really wasn't expecting her to say no

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
So the vet was willing to save the pet under the condition the pet was rehomed? That's kind of sad...
Unfortunately if we constantly tailored treatments to what owners could afford a) the vets wouldn't even be able to pay the bills and b) everyone would expect that kind of surgical discount. It was only made cheap to me because I work there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Which, unfortunately, goes way WAY against veterinary ethics and they could get in huge trouble for pulling something like that.

In the case I know of, the owner insisted on being in the room to make sure the dog was euthed. Best part, it was euthanized for allergies. ALLERGIES.
Veterinary ethics suck. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Still, what kind of cold asshole would rather kill a puppy than surrender it?

And, if it was from a legit sort of breeder, it's a terrible shame the breeder couldn't have been contacted. That's one of the things I've often thought should go into a breeder's contract; that if there's a situation like this, the breeder is given the opportunity to reclaim the dog or allow it to be rehomed.

I wondered how anyone could be so cold I just don't get it. How can you love something and then have the chance to save it and say NO because it wasn't coming home to YOU?!

In this area, I am 100% sure it was not a legit breeder of any sort

And thanks everyone, it did suck, a lot she was exactly the kind of dog I was looking for but not really looking actively for. Even when I went to grab her out of her cage, before I'd even touched her, she screeched like she was in so much pain & kind of swung her head towards me but was SO GOOD about not actually biting me what a waste.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 12-01-2012, 11:45 PM
We are Home.

Its a Smirnoff kinda night. 'Nuff said.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 12-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

I really wish there was an option on microchips to include 'previous owner/breeder/rescue' kind of right of refusal thing. If the dog ends up in the shelter, the breeder or rescue would be notified. I can't believe that isn't a thing.

The Jockey Club for horses started to include notations where previous owners/breeders could include their info, if the horse was unwanted or ended up at auction. Of course horses are more likely to be transferred with papers than dogs.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:45 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

First snow of the year. Gipsy and I used to go out really early, before anyone else had ruined the snow and walk

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:55 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
I wound up with Tallulah because the vet treated her for parvo and then the owners couldn't pay the bill . .
We got Grimm the same way
Old 12-02-2012, 02:00 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
I really wish there was an option on microchips to include 'previous owner/breeder/rescue' kind of right of refusal thing. If the dog ends up in the shelter, the breeder or rescue would be notified. I can't believe that isn't a thing.
Many rescues do it that way -- their info is always on the microchip as well as your info, so if they get lost or dumped, they can make it back to the rescue if the owner can't be reached.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-02-2012, 02:00 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
First snow of the year. Gipsy and I used to go out really early, before anyone else had ruined the snow and walk
(((((hugs)))))) I'm sorry.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
I am so so sorry, Laura. ((((((HUGS)))))