Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-01-2012, 09:18 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Ppl who pop their gum ... Gah I just want to smack it out of their mouth!!!

Old 12-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Dishwasher not working? You should probably be sure it IS a dishwasher before calling for troubleshoot help and making a fool of yourself

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Dishwasher not working? You should probably be sure it IS a dishwasher before calling for troubleshoot help and making a fool of yourself
You've GOT to be kidding?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-01-2012, 10:44 PM
The Littlest Hound

I almost had a dog

An 18 month old, small, fuzzy breed that has been on my "short list" for quite a while now. I fell in love with her when she came in & was diagnosed with a big old stone, and then today she came in to be euthanized because they couldn't afford the surgery & she was blocked. Doc said he'd do the surgery for me for a severe discount if I wanted her & I coul pay it off at a slow rate. Called Chris & he said he was all for it (I love this man. I was certain he'd say no.). Called the owner back - nope! If she can't afford to save the dog, no one can have it. So I had to hold the poor little thing while we euth'd her instead. I am heartbroken

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug (5/2004 - 3/2014)
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 12-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlottMom View Post
I almost had a dog

An 18 month old, small, fuzzy breed that has been on my "short list" for quite a while now. I fell in love with her when she came in & was diagnosed with a big old stone, and then today she came in to be euthanized because they couldn't afford the surgery & she was blocked. Doc said he'd do the surgery for me for a severe discount if I wanted her & I coul pay it off at a slow rate. Called Chris & he said he was all for it (I love this man. I was certain he'd say no.). Called the owner back - nope! If she can't afford to save the dog, no one can have it. So I had to hold the poor little thing while we euth'd her instead. I am heartbroken
That is just..beyond AWFUL!
How did the owner even try to explain herself?!?! Somebody needs to smack her! HOW BEYOND SELFISH!!!

I'm so sorry
Old 12-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
I almost had a dog

I'm so so sorry
This isn't the first time I've heard of this happening, it is beyond selfish. I hate people sometimes.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Felurian

That's one where I'm afraid, if I were the vet, it would be one of those "let's don't and say we did" situations.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
You've GOT to be kidding?
Yah.... I'm afraid not LOL

In our defense, it has always been referred to as the kitchen dishwasher, including when we had a price ordered in for it, they called it a dishwasher replacement part. Apparently its a sanitizer. So we called somebody late for nothing.

Lucky for me, I made my friend call, not me

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
I almost had a dog

So the vet was willing to save the pet under the condition the pet was rehomed? That's kind of sad...

Old 12-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's one where I'm afraid, if I were the vet, it would be one of those "let's don't and say we did" situations.
Which, unfortunately, goes way WAY against veterinary ethics and they could get in huge trouble for pulling something like that.

In the case I know of, the owner insisted on being in the room to make sure the dog was euthed. Best part, it was euthanized for allergies. ALLERGIES.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.