Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1691  
Old 11-30-2012, 10:56 PM
MericoX's Avatar
MericoX MericoX is offline
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In depression
Posts: 5,257
Default

When people try to comment about stuff you've written on FB.. but they're just talking to talk and you have no idea what they're talking about, and then have to explain what they originally commented on. And then share a story about you that you tell them you don't want to hear it if it's rude, and it is, and they don't get the hint you don't find it funny.

I need to go all Stabbb McKniferton on these asshats...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1692  
Old 11-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Beanie's Avatar
Beanie Beanie is offline
Clicker Cult Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
Are any of the repairs things that can be done while you're living in the house?
Yes, but there's absolutely nothing in the kitchen except a bunch of tools and a subfloor, the bathroom needs redone and there's only one bathroom so I can't be living there when that's done, and I can't be living there when we refinish the floors.
So the small stuff that can wait doesn't help chip away at the massive problem that is now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
When people try to comment about stuff you've written on FB.. but they're just talking to talk and you have no idea what they're talking about, and then have to explain what they originally commented on. And then share a story about you that you tell them you don't want to hear it if it's rude, and it is, and they don't get the hint you don't find it funny.

I need to go all Stabbb McKniferton on these asshats...
You can delete other people's comments on your posts. I delete comments from one person in particular. He thinks he's funny and every. single. time. I delete it.
__________________


Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Reply With Quote
  #1693  
Old 12-01-2012, 12:22 AM
MandyPug's Avatar
MandyPug MandyPug is offline
Sport Model Pug
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 5,252
Default

I have a weird feeling about something but I'm not sure what.
__________________

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Reply With Quote
  #1694  
Old 12-01-2012, 06:10 AM
FG167's Avatar
FG167 FG167 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jefferson, GA
Posts: 2,484
Default

I'm sad and homesick and lonely
__________________
~Falon~
Reply With Quote
  #1695  
Old 12-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Southpaw's Avatar
Southpaw Southpaw is offline
orange iguanas.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 7,255
Default

10 minutes feels like 5 seconds when you don't want your alarm to go off. Waaaahhhhh.
__________________
And if all of it is for naught, well at least I took a shot

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Reply With Quote
  #1696  
Old 12-01-2012, 12:23 PM
*blackrose's Avatar
*blackrose *blackrose is offline
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 6,395
Default

Why can't there be reasonably price dogs from a breeder with a no-nonsense contract that also health tests? Ugh.

Breeder Type A produces good looking dogs at a very reasonable price. Lots of satisfied puppy buyers from both the companion end and working end. Great health guarantee. Once you buy the dog, you own the dog - no limited registration, spay/neuter contract, must feed "x" food, must vaccinate, etc. He's been breeding for over 25 years and knows his lines. But no health testing.

Breed Type B produces good looking dogs for a price I am unsure if I can afford. Lots of satisfied puppy buyers. 24 month health guarantee. Limited registration, spay/neuter contract, etc. Has been breeding for awhile and knows his lines. Lots of health testing.

Bah humbug. So now I get to choose if I want to gamble or not. Do I spend the extra money and jump through the extra hoops (some of which I'm not thrilled with) to get a dog from parents that I know have been tested, or do I trust the judgement of a breeder who is breeding working dogs and hasn't had an issue with his dogs yet (but there is no hard proof), and pay a price I'm comfortable paying and get a contract I'm happy with?

Bah.

I'm still looking around and I contacted two more breeders I am hoping will be just what I want, but I have a feeling it is going to come down to Type A or Type B and I'm not sure which way I feel comfortable going.
__________________
Cynder, Daddy's girl Little Lab muttly and Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever
~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~

Reply With Quote
  #1697  
Old 12-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Emily's Avatar
Emily Emily is offline
Rollin' with my bitches
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Why can't there be reasonably price dogs from a breeder with a no-nonsense contract that also health tests? Ugh.

Breeder Type A produces good looking dogs at a very reasonable price. Lots of satisfied puppy buyers from both the companion end and working end. Great health guarantee. Once you buy the dog, you own the dog - no limited registration, spay/neuter contract, must feed "x" food, must vaccinate, etc. He's been breeding for over 25 years and knows his lines. But no health testing.

Breed Type B produces good looking dogs for a price I am unsure if I can afford. Lots of satisfied puppy buyers. 24 month health guarantee. Limited registration, spay/neuter contract, etc. Has been breeding for awhile and knows his lines. Lots of health testing.

Bah humbug. So now I get to choose if I want to gamble or not. Do I spend the extra money and jump through the extra hoops (some of which I'm not thrilled with) to get a dog from parents that I know have been tested, or do I trust the judgement of a breeder who is breeding working dogs and hasn't had an issue with his dogs yet (but there is no hard proof), and pay a price I'm comfortable paying and get a contract I'm happy with?

Bah.

I'm still looking around and I contacted two more breeders I am hoping will be just what I want, but I have a feeling it is going to come down to Type A or Type B and I'm not sure which way I feel comfortable going.

What breed? (just wondering if it's a breed very prone to genetic issues or not, that would affect my decision quite a bit)
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1698  
Old 12-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Xandra's Avatar
Xandra Xandra is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,799
Default

If those are really the only two choices I'd go with A for sure.

ETA I was going to mention if it's a fairly healthy breed or not, but if the guy has been breeding for 25 years (and let's assume he breeds reasonably often) and has had no/very minimal problems, I would be OK with that.
Reply With Quote
  #1699  
Old 12-01-2012, 12:40 PM
PWCorgi's Avatar
PWCorgi PWCorgi is offline
Priscilla Winifred Corgi
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Twin Citay!
Posts: 14,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
What breed? (just wondering if it's a breed very prone to genetic issues or not, that would affect my decision quite a bit)
I believe she is looking at Labs and Chessies?
__________________

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Reply With Quote
  #1700  
Old 12-01-2012, 12:59 PM
FG167's Avatar
FG167 FG167 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Jefferson, GA
Posts: 2,484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Do I spend the extra money and jump through the extra hoops (some of which I'm not thrilled with) to get a dog from parents that I know have been tested, or do I trust the judgement of a breeder who is breeding working dogs and hasn't had an issue with his dogs yet (but there is no hard proof), and pay a price I'm comfortable paying and get a contract I'm happy with?
I went with the latter option both for Kastle and for Limit. I am thrilled so far...BUT, they are young and I have not x-rayed yet. I am so not ok with super crazy contracts. In fact, as horrible as this may be, if I opened an email from a breeder with a contract more than 2-3 pages (some were 8-10 or more), then I didn't even read it. I am a good home, not only are my dogs pets but they are active competitors in a variety of sports...I guess I am a snot and do not feel the need/want to be grilled about every aspect of my life. I also prefer to own the dogs outright and decide what is best for them etc.
__________________
~Falon~
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site