Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-29-2012, 02:40 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

OH my goodness LOL. the preschool is doing a Christmas concert on December 12th and one of the songs our group is singing is "Go Tell it on the Mountain". Hannah sings it constantly and LOUDLY. I can deal with that...

HOWEVER, I have this app on my phone that is a kitty cat that repeats back what you say in a high pitched voice. Hannah loves this thing and talks to it like it's a friend lol well now she's singing "Go Tell it on the Mountain" at the top of her lungs and then the cat repeats it really high pitched and LOUD lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-29-2012, 04:14 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

@sparks ugh it would be migrane time for me. Which is why I will remain childless. Because sit my dogs start howling at the top of their lungs I can just tell them so shut up. Lol well I guess you COULD do that with a kid too but....

You could always delete the app & say your phone ate it lol.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:33 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

really? Hannah listens way better than my dogs do LOL. The dogs don't listen to "STOP BARKING".

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Top Dog

I also prefer dogs over kids. Dogs listen way better and actually appreciate your training and attention and respond to it accordingly. Kids are just straight brats 90% of the time, let alone their parents who give you dirty looks when you tell their kids to NOT pull on your hair or scream at your dog. The rare few exist. But I vastly prefer dogs.

My rant of the day is my friggin breed. Siberian Husky. I LOVE this breed. It is MY breed. But the people? I could largely do without. The breeders, the rescues, the BYBers, the supposed "Champions". Ugh. It is the people alone that makes me second guess another Sibe. It is absolutely infuriating to watch these dogs go for anywhere from $200 to $2500 based on nothing more than eye and coat color. I hate watching the breed club having to BRIBE people with fame and a showcase spot on their website in order to just get something as simple as a CERF done on their dogs. Hips and elbows are pretty much non-existent these days. Temperament is so far gone I don't even what to think about WHY these dogs are now on Banned Lists across the country. BYBers are soaking it up. It's the best money out there. Charging $1000 for a pup with no papers? Wooo! Jackpot! And if they have papers, well, you better bet your butts that the price is going to skyrocket even more.

I LOVE this breed. I really, really do. But I absolutely loathe the people who breed and manage it.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
really? Hannah listens way better than my dogs do LOL. The dogs don't listen to "STOP BARKING".
lol and I'd take singing..even the most annoying song at it's highest pitch... Over barking.
At least I can understand singing!

I want to YELL at dogs sometimes. "I DO NOT UNDERSTAND YOU! PLEASE USE YOUR INSIDE VOICE!!"
Old 11-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I want to YELL at dogs sometimes. "I DO NOT UNDERSTAND YOU! PLEASE USE YOUR INSIDE VOICE!!"
I had to teach Zander his inside voice. I think I posted the video around here somewhere.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:33 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
lol and I'd take singing..even the most annoying song at it's highest pitch... Over barking.
At least I can understand singing!

Lol same here. Hannah especially hates the dogs barking.

The thing I hate more than barking... That slurpy licking when Beezer licks his butt, or his non exsistent balls lol

G.K. Chesterton

Old 11-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Top Dog

One of my bosses has a major obsession with the fact that the wee stickdog is intact. She actually scoured through my chart, quizzing a different doctor about why "some of her dogs are fully vaccinated and others aren't". Firstly, they've all been vaccinated I don't do yearly DHPPLs and on my oldies who don't go anywhere, I don't always do the three years right on time. However, I think only one is "behind". I don't (and never have) kept up on Bordetella unless they are boarding and, thus, required.

I am assuming she's talking about the Noglet, who I recently took in for his Rabies booster. I plan to titer him, since his former owners said he'd had a DHPPL. He hasn't boarded, and he's not in heavily doggie areas. So I'm really not concerned.

And then, she had to throw in "and I don't know why she won't neuter him" When the other vet said 'She says he doesn't have any behavior issues", the ball nazi got huffy. I wish I had free time enough in my life to worry about what was between other peoples' dogs' legs.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Top Dog

Someone needs to wish me luck for tomorrow..trying another vet.

I'm trying really hard to keep an open mind and hope it goes well but I don't feel like jumping through hoops or being treated like a criminal because I don't vaccinate much. I'm also getting really tired of non aggressive vets and I know what I want done tomorrow and I hope there is no argument.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:18 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
One of my bosses has a major obsession with the fact that the wee stickdog is intact. She actually scoured through my chart, quizzing a different doctor about why "some of her dogs are fully vaccinated and others aren't". Firstly, they've all been vaccinated I don't do yearly DHPPLs and on my oldies who don't go anywhere, I don't always do the three years right on time. However, I think only one is "behind". I don't (and never have) kept up on Bordetella unless they are boarding and, thus, required.

I am assuming she's talking about the Noglet, who I recently took in for his Rabies booster. I plan to titer him, since his former owners said he'd had a DHPPL. He hasn't boarded, and he's not in heavily doggie areas. So I'm really not concerned.

And then, she had to throw in "and I don't know why she won't neuter him" When the other vet said 'She says he doesn't have any behavior issues", the ball nazi got huffy. I wish I had free time enough in my life to worry about what was between other peoples' dogs' legs.
Hahaha that's funny! He'll, some ppl have reasons for not doing it, if there aren't any behavorial issues like he's not trying to break out to see his wild oats or anything then I would confront her straight out & tell her it ain't none of her business & doesn't concern matters of work. I only get rabies on mine too unless they are boarding.