Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Sport Model Pug

I'm sick of people on Facebook being so closed minded about the holidays. There are other celebrations than Christmas and people who don't celebrate at all. So what if a business puts up happy holidays or seasons greetings instead of "having the balls" to put up merry Christmas. It's 6 of one half a dozen of another, don't get your panties in a wad because its not the good ol Christian centric world of yesteryear. Modern Christmas is a commercial bastardization of what the traditional Christian Christmas is anyway. I certainly will be saying happy holidays at my work or honestly just continuing to tell people to have a good day.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 11-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Sometimes I just don't want to exist anymore.

I can't do this. I don't deserve this.
(((((((HUGS)))))))
You don't deserve it, but you CAN do it. You are far stronger than you think you are.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
I'm sick of people on Facebook being so closed minded about the holidays. There are other celebrations than Christmas and people who don't celebrate at all. So what if a business puts up happy holidays or seasons greetings instead of "having the balls" to put up merry Christmas. It's 6 of one half a dozen of another, don't get your panties in a wad because its not the good ol Christian centric world of yesteryear. Modern Christmas is a commercial bastardization of what the traditional Christian Christmas is anyway. I certainly will be saying happy holidays at my work or honestly just continuing to tell people to have a good day.
Especially the X-mas thing. I have so many people forwarding "Don't X out Christ". It's ridiculous. If they would just Google X-mas, they would learn its a Christian thing. Know your religion, people.

I usually post a lot of "Happy Holidays" to annoy them.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:23 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

I don't care what other people say but I DO hate it when someone says Merry Christmas and gets corrected as if it's a horrible thing to say. You say whatever you want... Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Kwanza... whatever. As long as you aren't telling me to screw off I will take it in the spirit it is intended... a nice gesture of well wishing but if I say Merry Christmas don't act like I've just committed some crime against humanity lol

I did have to laugh last year when my step brother wrote "It's not happy holidays... it's Merry X-mas" REALLY? you are all up in arms about it but can't be bothered to write out Christmas? FTR, he's not a Christian either and the majority of people I see posting that also don't consider themselves Christian.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-26-2012, 09:25 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I feel really sick to my stomach and my head hurts terribly! I'm going to take a nap before my next shift.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 11-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Thank you

Drives me batty.

The whole "war of Christmas" is a made up issue (mostly driven by FOX) that seems to have a group of people convinced its true.

Sadly, many of those people dont even understand all the traditions, date, etc were someone else's originally anyways.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Thank you

Drives me batty.

The whole "war of Christmas" is a made up issue (mostly driven by FOX) that seems to have a group of people convinced its true.

Sadly, many of those people dont even understand all the traditions, date, etc were someone else's originally anyways.
Remember these are some of the same folks who unfriended their friends because of their political views :/

Old 11-26-2012, 10:28 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

My dad is another of those staunch IT's CHRISTMAS people and again not Christian, won't set foot in a church and doesn't even know what Fox news is so I wouldn't be so quick to lump everyone together as crazy fox news watching Jesus freaks. I know the majority of peopleI see postin that stuff are not Christians at all especially the Canadian ones. They have no ties to Christianity and if you asked them if they were Christian they would say no.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Sometimes I just don't want to exist anymore.

I can't do this. I don't deserve this.
Been left at that crossroads too. I'll likely get dropped at another of those junctions a time or two more at some point. The trick is to not get paralyzed and stay there. Pick the direction that feels right and start moving.

In your sig: "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself." -D.H. Lawrence. Remember the wild thing who lives inside you, use it, sniff the scents on the winds of change, listen for them whispering and howling over the mountains and through the hollows and follow the one that beckons to you.

And then there's Malyk, Chevelle, Baloo and Penny. They will help you remember where that wild thing is hiding, help you find the wind and stay beside you through the worst of the worst, if you let them.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Kotah BEAR

PISSED THE **** OFF!

Go to school today and Michael is there. He started yelling and cussing at me. He says "You need to keep your mouth shut or you'll get what is coming to you" He also said that to 2 other students. OH and he said it IN FRONT OF THE SECURITY GUARD AT SCHOOL AND NOTHING WAS DONE.

I go get my police report after school. Michael gave a false statement and the officer who handled our situation lied on the police report. Tried to get that handle and there is nothing we can do about it.

Also went to the courts to try and get a protection order or a restraining order, can't do that either because Michael changed his police statement at the last minute after talking to his momma.

So now I am ****ed. I am going to try and get my classes online for the next 3 weeks of the semester because I do not feel safe at that school and no one here is doing a ****ing thing about Michael. He gets to roam free while I wonder if he's going to bust my head wide open.
Say I am over thinking this or say I am being paranoid, but I am making sure I am safe and I don't feel safe here anymore.
My mom is trying to find me somewhere to go that is away from here because Michael has made it very clear he will need to do what needs to be done.