Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-27-2014, 03:54 PM
I'm All Ears

I'm so bored at my new job.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:57 PM
+ Nika

Well, I definitely do plan telling them. I just need to get myself to do it, because I always chicken out doing this like this.

This won't be fun...
Old 08-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Very Food Agressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post

Supposedly I can't take NSAIDs on Lexapro. So I have no idea what to do about my jaw and head.
I'm on Lexapro and it makes me sleepy, maybe you'll get that too once it's at a therapeutic level in your system. I'm a horrible jaw clincher and if a hotpack doesn't take the pain out of a headache, I will take excedrin or aleve. I've never been told not to take NSAIDs on Lexapro though so I guess it's good to know?

Anayways, I <3 Lexapro for making my moods and anxiety balance out so I hope it helps you too!

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:15 PM
floor dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTheSibe View Post
I have trust issues,& even more, because of what happened.

I think my family will be unbelievable soon, too. And ((((hugs))))

______
I'm stuck between right,& wrong.

I want to the right thing, I really do. But, I'm scared really scared to tell the truth, because of what might possibly happen. People would know it was my fault for not getting the kitten. My younger sister already treats my horribly,& if she finds about this-I just don't know.

I don't want someone who probably didn't do anything to get blamed.

I fully blame myself for this situation. It is my fault. I was the one who posted about not wanting to get the new kitten declawed. This guilt is over powering, I seriously can't think of anything else. I'm not even that sad. Just really pissed of with myself for creating this whole situation.

*hugs* I've honestly no idea why anybody could do that to somebody they only know online... But I also have NO idea at all why your family would be so harsh to you over this. I'm sorry *hugs*
Old 08-27-2014, 06:24 PM
Top Dog

I was taking Lexapro for my anxiety and to help cope with stress. First 2 weeks I was sick any time I ate or smelled food. Then I had nightmares - to the point where I got out of bed one night because I could SMELL smoke, even after waking. I began not sleeping, not being able to concentrate and yeah my anxiety was better but I was in a fog.

My new Dr. upped the dose because she said that happens when the dose is too low. After two weeks on that dose I was so tired that I would spend my entire break and lunch sleeping. I would get off of work and go lay down and sleep. Then, because I'd slept so much during the day, I couldn't sleep at night even though I was exhausted. I needed sleep like I needed air. Forget doing anything that required me to think.

I wound up stopping it because I couldn't take it anymore.

Hope your symptoms go away

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 08-27-2014, 06:48 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Everyone here is like, "internet".

And I am over here in my corner talking about all the things. I guess I am pretty transparent though.

So.

My jaw and head hurt so much. Tensing probably? Clenching my teeth? Like anxious symptoms but I am not anxious. At all. I am actually pretty happy. But it is weird. And IT IS SO HARD TO CONCENTRATE. By the way.

Obvious? Totally reminds me of obelisk. Which makes me think of Egyptians.

Supposedly I can't take NAID on Lexapro. So I have no idea what to do about my jaw and head.

ETA: That was supposed to be NSAIDs. Phone auto corrected. It auto corrected cantelope earlier too. To can't elope

Eta x2: BeAu told be to stay off the internet, actually, because of the Internet reasons you guys are talking about. But I think he was just talking about Facebook and blog posts.
So. . . that may or may not be a normal thing with Lexapro, but I'd be careful. Any drug that's throwing you into a manic phase is terrifying. Call your pharmacy and ask what you can take with it safely - I've always been able to take aspirin. It has no effect, so I stopped taking painkillers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Same. Big part of why I don't post here as often. I mostly lurk and read and I'll respond once in a while if I feel like it.
Yeah. . . most of us who have been on forums for a long time have gotten burned or watched enough people get burned that you just don't want to share. I don't share many of Middie's behavioral or health issues, any roommate drama, RL drama with other chazzers, personal health issues, relationship stuff, etc. It just doesn't need to be said. When I start searching for a breeder, I wont be posting jack **** about it. When I put a deposit down on a puppy, no one will know. And when I have that puppy, I wont ever mention the breeder's name on a public forum, and will okay it with them whether they want it shared privately or not. Because private is never private.

I've just seen too much **** go down.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Highbread Dingbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
I don't think people sometimes realize that online not all details are always given and calling with half information can some times do more harm than good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post

I really get irked when people do things like this especially when minors are involved. Not only is it not their place but Jazzy is the one that has to deal with the consequences. She's still a minor living with her parents.

Years ago before I got Cobain, I had people threatening to report to his breeder because of a situation I posted years ago.
I was a kid, it was a crappy situation that I had no control of, and a situation I didn't elaborate well enough on online. It really hurt to not only have people blame me for "not doing enough" to prevent the situation, but also to feel so helpless that an outside party thought they had the right to interfere with my life.

It seriously sucks being in a situation like that Jazzy, I am so sorry that someone went behind your back and did such a thing
I really hope that everything is okay between you and your parents.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy's Valkyrie View Post
I'm on Lexapro and it makes me sleepy, maybe you'll get that too once it's at a therapeutic level in your system. I'm a horrible jaw clincher and if a hotpack doesn't take the pain out of a headache, I will take excedrin or aleve. I've never been told not to take NSAIDs on Lexapro though so I guess it's good to know?

Anayways, I <3 Lexapro for making my moods and anxiety balance out so I hope it helps you too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCrafty View Post
I was taking Lexapro for my anxiety and to help cope with stress. First 2 weeks I was sick any time I ate or smelled food. Then I had nightmares - to the point where I got out of bed one night because I could SMELL smoke, even after waking. I began not sleeping, not being able to concentrate and yeah my anxiety was better but I was in a fog.

My new Dr. upped the dose because she said that happens when the dose is too low. After two weeks on that dose I was so tired that I would spend my entire break and lunch sleeping. I would get off of work and go lay down and sleep. Then, because I'd slept so much during the day, I couldn't sleep at night even though I was exhausted. I needed sleep like I needed air. Forget doing anything that required me to think.

I wound up stopping it because I couldn't take it anymore.

Hope your symptoms go away
Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
So. . . that may or may not be a normal thing with Lexapro, but I'd be careful. Any drug that's throwing you into a manic phase is terrifying. Call your pharmacy and ask what you can take with it safely - I've always been able to take aspirin. It has no effect, so I stopped taking painkillers.
Thanks guys. I do hope this all goes away. It starts about two hours after I take it and lasts maybe 4 or 5 hours. Then I crash. Well, not really crash. Fast things just aren't fast anymore. Slow down is probably the correct word. Sorta like a slinky...everything that happened in the last 4 hours comes snapping back and catches up to me. My stomach is like butterflies so I have a hard time eating.

I feel pretty normal now. Maybe a little dizzy and light headed. Hopefully it will all even out soon. I was able to grab a 30 minute nap or so.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:16 PM
Highbread Dingbat

Quote:

Eta x2: BeAu told be to stay off the internet, actually, because of the Internet reasons you guys are talking about. But I think he was just talking about Facebook and blog posts.
I can't comment personally on the medication, as it's been too long since I've actually been on something so my experience in that area is minimal (and not pleasant which is why I'm foolishly off).
But I hope it all balances out well for you and helps. The teeth clenching is killer, I don't even notice I'm doing it until the headache starts -_-

I've always found that too much time on the internet will worsen my anxiety/depression/whatever else. Add on that fear of what's going on here having the wrong words taken and flown with to potentially affect your life. It's not pleasant.

Best of luck with everything.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:19 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Thanks guys. I do hope this all goes away. It starts about two hours after I take it and lasts maybe 4 or 5 hours. Then I crash. Well, not really crash. Fast things just aren't fast anymore. Slow down is probably the correct word. Sorta like a slinky...everything that happened in the last 4 hours comes snapping back and catches up to me. My stomach is like butterflies so I have a hard time eating.

I feel pretty normal now. Maybe a little dizzy and light headed. Hopefully it will all even out soon. I was able to grab a 30 minute nap or so.
You know I <3 you. Even if you spam me. Hopefully tomorrow goes better. If not I'll ask my pharmacist what she recommends. You were like a lonely chipmunk today! Also need more blog posts.

Migraine today. It's been on and off all week. I need it to just go away.