Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-27-2014, 09:37 PM
such sights to show you

Oh, god, I can't even imagine trying to navigate this. I'm so sorry for what you're going through and that you have to deal with the financial stuff in addition to the emotional stuff.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:44 PM
Aware

Alllll the hugs for RD
Old 07-27-2014, 09:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Oh, god, I can't even imagine trying to navigate this. I'm so sorry for what you're going through and that you have to deal with the financial stuff in addition to the emotional stuff.
I can't even imagine, nor could i put any better, all my thoughts are with you though.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:48 PM
Top Dog

RD if dr says medically necessary they are supposed to cover it. Try another dr. Even going to the ER and saying you can't take it and it has to be done may get it accomplished. What facility are you going to? If its catholic they will refer out. Think your northeastern ohio so university and clinic not the mercy catholic we have but still worth looking into another system. And calling the ins company is a great idea.

Sometimes we have insanely hard things in our lives that make no sense and maybe never will. But you can get through this and you don't need the bf for it(sounds like you may be better if you ditch him anyway!). I am thinking of you!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 07-27-2014, 10:13 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I'm so very sorry, RD. I am praying for you!!!!

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 07-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

RD

I am so deeply sorry that you have to go through something so devastating with no one to be there to be your support. No one should ever have to struggle with things like this alone

I think your SO needs a swift kick in the pants!

*Hugs*

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 07-27-2014, 11:19 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

RD I am sorry you are dealing with this, I can't imagine the emotional termoil with the financial as well. Just leave your SO alone for now and focus on you, no need to have to also deal with a breakup right now. That can come after all this has past if he doesn't wake up to the fact that you NEED him right now.

I also agree I would fight them saying they won't cover it, that doesn't seem right to me.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:52 AM
Sit! Good dog.

If I was your family my heart would break more to think you were dealing with this alone... Please think about telling them... You need them right now.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 07-28-2014, 04:51 AM
Are you dead yet?

He will deal with the consequences of his neglect in this situation, if he's truly so self centered that he can't bring himself to offer me one bit of emotional support when I need it more than I ever have. I'm not doing anything now. Just leaving him alone, letting him make his own choices. Currently his own choices reflect his selfishness. I hope that changes, but if it doesn't, I don't know if I can continue to live my life with him.

I am not an emotional person. I don't need to cry and kick and scream at a person every time something bad happens to me. I like to be left alone for my meltdowns. I am not needy. It'd just be nice to know that the person I always stand by would be on my side sometimes.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:31 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

RD... I went through something pretty similar years ago. I was pregnant and the child was dying and I had to have the same procedure you are facing. That was hard but what made it worse was the man who should have been by my side used it as an opportunity to manipulate my emotional distress for HIS benefit. That led to two more years of just outright emotional and mental abuse and I was so beaten down and emotionally weak that I felt I deserved everything I was getting.

DON'T let this happen to you. NO ONE knew about the baby except him so I didn't have my family's support because I never reached out to them and the only support I had was from a man who wanted to use it to HIS advantage. So please don't let this happen to you. The way he is acting right now reminds me so much of the guy I was with. Just be aware that after the procedure, your body is going to go through another hormonal upheaval.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney