Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-23-2014, 08:07 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

My evening at work, after an insane day and no break.

Me: "Do you want to take care of in house patients, or finish cleaning?"
"I'll clean. You've done it the past three days."
"Okay."
*walks, feeds, cleans cages of five dogs*
"Okay, what still needs done?"
"Tables need cleaned, trash needs done, sweeping, mopping, laundry."
[So basically...all of the cleaning. You've done....the dishes. That's it.]

Oh my god.

Old 07-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfalcon View Post
People in cars follow all traffic laws at all times, right?

There is no speeding, rolling through stop signs, speeding up for yellows, or running red lights. I've never had to wait on a green for the people running the left turn light's red. I've also never seen a car parked in a bike lane or fail to signal before cutting off a cyclist.

People are so used to these "small" violations that they don't even see them, but then a person on a bike does something and everyone notices. Most people realize they do not have 2 tons of metal and 10 airbags on a bike. Most of them intend to stay alive. Occasionally, someone is clueless and does something really dangerous, but at least they're mostly a danger to themselves.
IDK, I started getting into bike riding a couple of years ago, and that's when I really started noticing how many bicyclists do needlessly dangorous things while on the road. Maybe they are just a danger to themselves, but I'd rather not kill someone with my vehicle because they are doing something stupid, plus accidents between cars can happen while trying to avoid bicyclists with an apparent death wish. I don't know if it's just our area, or what, but dang. I'm also super paranoid about being hit by a car while I'm riding my bike on the road, so that could be why I tend to notice stuff like that more. Being on a bike on a road dominated by cars is dangorous enough without totally disregarding traffic laws.

I should add that I was raised by a mother whose instructions to me while walking, biking, or riding my horse down the side of the road included "Assume every car is TRYING to hit you," so perhaps this is why I'm extra observant.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 07-23-2014, 08:44 PM
Top Dog

Its been back and forth with my mare and her weight for a couple months. She was fine this winter and when we moved an got grass she started dropping weight. No neuro symptoms but someone said Topline makes them think EPM. Honestly my other two are not as shiny as they usually are. Same hay. Most is from what w used the last year. I just don't get it.

Having friend with a back hoe come out this weekend. Vet coming next week. She is in her twenties. I know its nothing simple

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 07-23-2014, 09:05 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post
Its been back and forth with my mare and her weight for a couple months. She was fine this winter and when we moved an got grass she started dropping weight. No neuro symptoms but someone said Topline makes them think EPM. Honestly my other two are not as shiny as they usually are. Same hay. Most is from what w used the last year. I just don't get it.

Having friend with a back hoe come out this weekend. Vet coming next week. She is in her twenties. I know its nothing simple
(((Hugs))!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
IDK, I started getting into bike riding a couple of years ago, and that's when I really started noticing how many bicyclists do needlessly dangorous things while on the road. Maybe they are just a danger to themselves, but I'd rather not kill someone with my vehicle because they are doing something stupid, plus accidents between cars can happen while trying to avoid bicyclists with an apparent death wish. I don't know if it's just our area, or what, but dang. I'm also super paranoid about being hit by a car while I'm riding my bike on the road, so that could be why I tend to notice stuff like that more. Being on a bike on a road dominated by cars is dangorous enough without totally disregarding traffic laws.

I should add that I was raised by a mother whose instructions to me while walking, biking, or riding my horse down the side of the road included "Assume every car is TRYING to hit you," so perhaps this is why I'm extra observant.
Agreed.
I have had people on bikes swerve out on the road while I was trying to pass them in a different lane. Then again, where ever I go, people try to kill themselves with my car.

Oh, is that ...that redhead in a Buick?! Quick! Go straight towards the gold shiny thing! Bikes swerve in my lane, people in parking lots turn 90 degrees and walk at my slow moving car, cars cut me off and slam brakes or try to get over while I am right next to them. The Buick is cursed, I think. I have never had so much of an issue with people wishing self harm as I have in this car.

I never really had encounters with cyclists until I moved out here. Bike riding in Memphis isn't a thing. Out here everyone does it! Most people are observant. Some are careless. Many are apparently suicidal. I don't get it. I still watch out for them, I might also be screaming in my car, "WTF DO YOU HAVE A DEATHWISH?' while I do it.

Now cars...not so much. Do something stupid. Please. Total the car. I want a new one .

On the other half of that, all large car and truck drivers are insane.

End note, everyone is insane.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:07 AM
Nuke it from orbit ...

OMG someone just posted on FB something about some punk ass kids strangled a horse in a pasture just for fun, owners found it with a belt around its neck, the horse was PTS.

I swear WHAT IS WRONG with people! I hope they catch those assholes and throw the book at them, but because they are "kids" they will probably just get a slap on the wrist, I wish we would stop babying kids like this.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:05 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
One of my sixteen year old sister's friends from church is accused of raping multiple 4-9 year old boys and girls in africa on a mission trip. Allegedly confessed too. The guy has hugged my sister and been at her house before.
Oh great. http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/23/justic...tml?hpt=iaf_c2

I'm like O.o
Old 07-24-2014, 11:29 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Landlord is having some work done right outside my house, so I can't use my front door today.

I want to order pizza, but I can't use my door today.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 07-24-2014, 12:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Landlord is having some work done right outside my house, so I can't use my front door today.

I want to order pizza, but I can't use my door today.
Pizza sounds soooo good.

You can get out, right? Just order and wait outside..

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 07-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Fishies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

Maybe. There are plenty of idiots on bikes (and in cars of course).

I think your last paragraph is completely wrong though, and sets someone up to ride more dangerously. I've commuted thousands of miles by bike, and I have a different view on whats dangerous than most drivers or people who go for a mile or two a week.

http://www.bikexprt.com/streetsmarts/usa/chapter2a.htm

An example:

If someone is trying to run you over, you duck in between those cars, but evidence has shown that being visible is much more important, ride in the lane. To me visibility is everything, and much of that is lane positioning, let a lot of people see you riding in the middle of a lane and think you're trying to get killed.