The Venting Thread

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
No you are not and don't ever think that. ((((HUGS)))). You are beautiful, kind, smart and have a heart of gold. No matter what else happens in your life you are never a failure.
X2.

I watched The Help last night and was going to say: you are kind, you are smart, you are important.

Not a failure.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I guess my window is ****ed, because I woke up the last 2 days with a block of ice in my room, and my wall under the window is practically mush. so now, instead of risking getting sick, I'm sleeping on the couch. Ren snores.. Loud.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Everything in Maryland is delayed this morning, except my school. Are you guys crazy? From what I can see, the road is now an ice rink. I left my car up on the road and from what I can see of that, it's a beautiful ice sculpture. It may be the first day of class, but I don't own ice skates.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I just found out that my aunt sue died.... On FACEBOOK!!!! I'm so beyond upset that not ONE single person could call me about it. She died a few days ago and STILL not a single person has called to tell me. I have to read about it on some social networking site! Really upset about it right now.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
One of the girl in my close friend group has a child, which is fine. We all adore her kid.. but she continues to bail and make excuses and just be a bad friend and use her child as an excuse. And it's ANNOYING.

We, as a group, have continued to bend over backwards for her and her kid.
Spent HUNDREDS each on various "kid life events" (baby shower, birthdays etc..) sacrificed MANY MANY friday/saturday nights for some kid thing or another (school thing, some other kids birthday party, mommy book club, mommy & me) not because we WANT to attend these things really, but because we want to make an effort and hang out with our friend.
We have jumped at the chance to be a part of every part of her kids life (every birthday party, playgroup etc..) and yet when it comes to our lives, it's not important to her.

and yet when one of us has something important going on (one of OUR birthdays, a rehearsal dinner, girls night out, opening of our own art/photography into a gallery) she is NOWHERE to be found. Even if we give her PLENTY of notice. "Oh we can't find a sitter" "Sitters are expensive" "I'm just so tired.." "She is feeling a bit unwell today.."

- We have spent how much money on gifts for your child again? parties?
- how much time has been spent going into the suburbs to go get you? saturday nights spent at some child thing?
- How many work sick days used to emergency babysit because you had to go to work and your kid didn't feel well?

I know sitters are expensive, I get having a kid and a social life can be hard. But **** for friends you are supposed to make an EFFORT.

She is always apologetic but it's getting so old.
And when we bring this up, like when she recently bailed on one of our birthdays because "She was so tired and just didn't feel up to driving into the city because K kept her up all night" and we bring up that she is being a pretty awful friend and this is all very one sided
We get hit with "You guys will understand when you have a baby!"

and then even worse, she gets all "wahh poor me :( you guys are going to forget about me" when we go out/don't invite her. I mean, at this point, what's the point?! she never shows!

And everything we do is just so "immature" to her now. It's FRUSTRATING even being around her. All our problems are petty, all our fun is immature.. and she is so SENSITIVE.

"Let's go to the bar" "Oh I can't even deal with that loud music.."
"My boyfriend and I are having trouble" "Ugh let me tell you about stress, my husband and anjehsluhglsuhgsh"
"I'm so stressed from work" "Talk about stress, baby baby baby baby baby"
"Girl, your hair is a mess. I love you but what are you wearing?" "YOU GUYS DON'T UNDERSTAND WHATS ITS LIKE WITH A CHILD! I HAVE BIGGER PRIORITIES!"
"I just got a promotion at work" "**INSERT SOMETHING ABOUT HER BABY AND HER QUITTING HER JOB AND THE ISSUE OF MOTHERS IN THE WORKPLACE***"

She used to be so FUN! She is still sweet, funny, kind, and our friend is buried in there somewhere but she is just soo..soo.. ugh. I dunno!

Not to mention the constant judgement. It's like she isn't just A MOTHER, she is OUR MOTHER.
Slept with a guy? LECTURE!How about your reputation.. disease.. pregnancy..
Eating something bad? LECTURE! healthy! crunchy moms! preservatives!
Stressed at work? LET ME LECTURE YOU ABOUT REAL STRESS!! BABY!

and when she goes on and on and on about the other moms in Mommy & Me and like her kids cloth diapers and playgroups and we TRY to act like we care.. if only she could show the same decency when we talk about OUR lives.

WE.
DONT
WANT
TO
HEAR
ABOUT
YOUR
KIDS
DIAPERS
OR
YOUR
BREASTFEEDING
WOES
THANK
YOU
VERY
MUCH
but we are your friends. So we listen, we laugh, we help, we offer advice..

but when it's time for us to talk about the guy in our life, the new exciting thing at work...
Oh it's all so petty.
"I remember when I used to care about such things, it's all so silly now when you have a baby"

It's like she's been taken over by some motherhood alien!

WHEN WILL IT END?!

GipsyQueen

For some reason, all the people I have lost these past few months, and all the funerals that I have been to, loosing Gipsy, all the sad, is catching up with me today. :(

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
One of the girl in my close friend group has a child, which is fine. We all adore her kid.. but she continues to bail and make excuses and just be a bad friend and use her child as an excuse. And it's ANNOYING.

Spent HUNDREDS each on various "kid life events" (baby shower, birthdays etc..) sacrificed MANY MANY friday/saturday nights for some kid thing or another (school thing, some other kids birthday party, mommy book club, mommy & me) not because we WANT to attend these things really, but because we want to make an effort and hang out with our friend.
We have jumped at the chance to be a part of every part of her kids life (every birthday party, playgroup etc..) and yet when it comes to our lives, it's not important to her.

and yet when one of us has something important going on (one of OUR birthdays, a rehearsal dinner, girls night out, opening of our own art/photography into a gallery) she is NOWHERE to be found. Even if we give her PLENTY of notice. "Oh we can't find a sitter" "Sitters are expensive" "I'm just so tired.." "She is feeling a bit unwell today.."

- how much time has been spent going into the suburbs to go get you? saturday nights spent at some child thing?
- How many work sick days used to emergency babysit because you had to go to work and your kid didn't feel well?

I know sitters are expensive, I get having a kid and a social life can be hard. But **** for friends you are supposed to make an EFFORT.

And when we bring this up, like when she recently bailed on one of our birthdays because "She was so tired and just didn't feel up to driving into the city because K kept her up all night" and we bring up that she is being a pretty awful friend and this is all very one sided

and then even worse, she gets all "wahh poor me :( you guys are going to forget about me" when we go out/don't invite her. I mean, at this point, what's the point?! she never shows!

And everything we do is just so "immature" to her now. It's FRUSTRATING even being around her. All our problems are petty, all our fun is immature.. and she is so SENSITIVE.

"My boyfriend and I are having trouble" "Ugh let me tell you about stress, my husband and anjehsluhglsuhgsh"
"Girl, your hair is a mess. I love you but what are you wearing?" "YOU GUYS DON'T UNDERSTAND WHATS ITS LIKE WITH A CHILD! I HAVE BIGGER PRIORITIES!"
"I just got a promotion at work" "**INSERT SOMETHING ABOUT HER BABY AND HER QUITTING HER JOB AND THE ISSUE OF MOTHERS IN THE WORKPLACE***"

She used to be so FUN! She is still sweet, funny, kind, and our friend is buried in there somewhere but she is just soo..soo.. ugh. I dunno!

Not to mention the constant judgement. It's like she isn't just A MOTHER, she is OUR MOTHER.

and when she goes on and on and on about the other moms in Mommy & Me and like her kids cloth diapers and playgroups and we TRY to act like we care.. if only she could show the same decency when we talk about OUR lives.

WE.
DONT
WANT
TO
HEAR
ABOUT
YOUR
KIDS
DIAPERS
OR
YOUR
BREASTFEEDING
WOES
THANK
YOU
VERY
MUCH

but when it's time for us to talk about the guy in our life, the new exciting thing at work...
Oh it's all so petty.
"I remember when I used to care about such things, it's all so silly now when you have a baby"

WHEN WILL IT END?!
I am annoyed by her just by reading this. Good Lord.
Other than that, I have no advice because people like that irritate the pure **** out of me.

Airn

WE.
DONT
WANT
TO
HEAR
ABOUT
YOUR
KIDS
DIAPERS
OR
YOUR
BREASTFEEDING
WOES
THANK
YOU
VERY
MUCH

Oh it's all so petty.

WHEN WILL IT END?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJRzBpFjJS8

:rolleyes:

Grab

I go in to work at one today so I dropped Clive off at daycare at around 11 (you can't drop them off between 11:30 and 2). The director person was there, who keeps insisting he should be in the 1 year old room, since he just turned 2. He's way bigger than everyone, no one else is verbal, and one of the workers apparently thinks his name is Clyde. :rolleyes: he's been going there for like three weeks now...everyone else knows his proper name....and his name is in a giant heart on his cubby...:mad:

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Ugh, today was so stressful. DH's stupid car wouldn't start so I was late to work because I had to go back and get him. I was starving all day, had lots of anxiety, my boss was inpatient, and I'm exhausted. On top it of my aunt texted me just now and told me my dad was in the ER with a bladder infection and a "blood clot" but she's not sure if the clot is in his body or his catheter, which is kind if important....

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Yay, one of my client dogs needed her nails cut and flipped. It's fun holding back a boxer as it goes after the groomer. My nerves are shot and my muscles are burning. Three hours and a puppy class, need to go home. Usually Mondays are relatively chill for my crew, guess not this Monday.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
My client dogs today are awful, I'm frustrated with this masters application, and my own dog was being quirky and stressy this morning.

Want cake.
*hands you cranberry pumpkin paleo muffins*

Sorry, closest to cake that I have :/ Hope the rest of your night gets more awesome.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I go in to work at one today so I dropped Clive off at daycare at around 11 (you can't drop them off between 11:30 and 2). The director person was there, who keeps insisting he should be in the 1 year old room, since he just turned 2. He's way bigger than everyone, no one else is verbal, and one of the workers apparently thinks his name is Clyde. :rolleyes: he's been going there for like three weeks now...everyone else knows his proper name....and his name is in a giant heart on his cubby...:mad:
I happen to think that Clive is a wonderful name, too bad they cant learn it. I get mad when people cant learn my DOG'S names, I cant imagine how it feels for someone who sees your kid every day not to learn their name :/. It puts out the vibe that they dont care enough to learn it (not saying thats true, it sometimes just feels that way, I knoe i feel that way when people cant remember my name, I have had bosses that way).

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Code is broken.
Can't figure out why code is broken.
Break code more than it's already broken.
Try to fix from there.

Head is hurty.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Have some stuff going on with a client that is driving me crazy - I slept ok amazingly enough but woke up this morning with my mind racing about the situation and it will.not.stop. >.<

On top of that, I felt like I was forgetting something last night and sure enough, looks like an appt I scheduled for this morning didn't stick on my calendar. This is only the second time that's happened with a client in 2.5 years but I still feel like crap for it.

I kind of just want to go back to bed at this point, but it's supposed to be a pretty day, so maybe I can get out of this funk yet!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
My sister and I got into an argument last night.

She is in town visiting and I was supposed to see her on Sunday. Instead she went to DE to visit my other sister and said I could come, but it was going to be an all day thing and I couldn't leave the dogs unattended that long.

I asked her what she was doing on Monday and she and her bf were going up to DC to hang out with friends all day so even though I had taken Sunday and Monday off work to try to see her she made other plans both days and I had to get someone to cover my shift for today to try to see her before she leaves.

I had mentioned that we do lunch though going out to lunch I'm limited to places because I'm eating paleo. There's a place that I found that worked and was a good halfway point from my place and where she is staying. The bonus was that it is dog friendly and I really want her to meet Joey since she hasn't yet.

Apparently she has zero desire to meet my dog and said she feels like I'm only trying to see her for the purpose of her meeting my **** dogs instead of seeing her to see her. Wtf??? Nevermind that I had taken off work to see HER and she ended up making other plans instead. Basically she is saying she wants to see me, but absolutely doesn't want me to bring any of my dogs with which is a huge insult to me honestly since my dogs are such a big part of me. It's weird because she is a dog person so I don't get it why she is so adamant about my dogs not being around.

She leaves tomorrow to go back to California.

noludoru

Bored Now.
No you are not and don't ever think that. ((((HUGS)))). You are beautiful, kind, smart and have a heart of gold. No matter what else happens in your life you are never a failure.
THIS. You're awesome and have accomplished a ton, Beanie. <3

For some reason, all the people I have lost these past few months, and all the funerals that I have been to, loosing Gipsy, all the sad, is catching up with me today. :(
(((HUGS)))

After making headway in this area over the last couple months, I was excluded from family activities because of Logan again. Then my brother had a little fit that "Well ,you can still come, just don't bring the dog!" Uh, no. I didn't spend 2 1/2 years training him just to not be able to use him.
Wow. I don't really get their issue, but wow. Even my dog is welcome at family events. . . and I'm sure Logan is better behaved. WTF. :(

Members online

No members online now.