Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-03-2014, 03:48 PM
Top Dog

I hate bugs.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Sport Model Pug

I hate grocery shopping when i have no money... Sigh... Got lots of healthy things though, just gotta do some prep and i can work with them.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 06-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Wild At Heart

Wrong thread, lol

Harleigh <3
Old 06-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozfozz View Post
Oh I know that the indentation should have been used, that's how I originally had it typed out.

At last minute I reviewed the example again and noticed the lack of indentation, so I foolishly assumed that I should follow the formatting provided opposed to what I thought was right.

I just don't understand why one would provide an example - with a note explaining that "this is how yours should look" if it didn't have the formatting they were looking for.
And yet if you were a new employee at our work - we'd refer you to our style guide which is no indent, hard return between paragraphs.

So for me - I would have also followed the example as the teacher's preferred style as well.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:10 PM
<----Thanks Allie

This being The responsable adult really stinks majorly.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Top Dog

I'm really mad at myself.

There was a guy with Tourette's on the streetcar, I've seen him a number of times before, but today he was having a particularly bad day. He was making a lot of noise and spitting everywhere, but he was keeping to himself.

After a very loud and angry outburst, the driver asked him to get off, saying "if you can't keep it down, you have to get off. You're making people uncomfortable and scaring them. Please get off the streetcar."

He got off, but was obviously distraught. I was going to tell the driver that the guy has every right to ride the streetcar and if people are uncomfortable, they can move away or take the car that's right behind us, but I chickened out....

I really wish I had said something...ugh. I'm such a coward.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Top Dog

Just screwed myself out of a raise. Fantastic.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:59 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozfozz View Post
Me too!

I grew up in middle-of-nowhere country setting. Never locked the doors never had a problem.
Where I live now, the doors are always locked even when I'm home in broad daylight.
Ha me 3, at the ranch house we don't even have locks on our doors, sleep with the windows open (albeit with screens). I would be a lot more worried about bugs and critters than people lol. I have dogs, they will let me know if they hear a person, but unfortunately they don't care about bugs as much as I do lol.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:07 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I'm really mad at myself.

There was a guy with Tourette's on the streetcar, I've seen him a number of times before, but today he was having a particularly bad day. He was making a lot of noise and spitting everywhere, but he was keeping to himself.

After a very loud and angry outburst, the driver asked him to get off, saying "if you can't keep it down, you have to get off. You're making people uncomfortable and scaring them. Please get off the streetcar."

He got off, but was obviously distraught. I was going to tell the driver that the guy has every right to ride the streetcar and if people are uncomfortable, they can move away or take the car that's right behind us, but I chickened out....

I really wish I had said something...ugh. I'm such a coward.
I can kind of see both sides, I mean the driver isn't trained to recognize mental illness and has the welfare of his passengers to think about. I know it sucks, but I can understand why he did it.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Top Dog

I do sleep with my windows open, I figure people can break a simple piece of glass or cut a square out just as easily as popping a screen

Funny enough, one night I woke up and noticed the front door was open, screen door was shut but big door open. That freaked my **** out...I woke DH up and he remembered forgetting to close it but yeah, shudder...even though the window right next to it was open lol

Out by a lake or ocean, oh yeah, if its cool enough I want all windows open to hear the sounds and smell the smells