Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-23-2014, 10:48 AM
I'm All Ears

So I hate being the person bitching about work but my new coworker is driving me nuts. I've NEVER really had an issue with a coworker so this is new. I can deal with a lot of people and personalities and even if I don't like them per say we get along professionally and work ok together. I'm really easy going.

She's been here... a week. She has experience in the job (more than me and my other coworker who have been here 3 and 6+ years respectively- in this group and company) and made sure to let me know she's the senior one around here now. She made sure to show me her job title was higher than mine. Okay whatever. Good for you. She does not know our software or our methods of doing things here. She wants to redo the way we do things. All the things. She is constantly saying 'well at my old company we did this' or 'that doesn't seem the most efficient' or 'I know a better way'. She jumps on every request- despite not knowing the software yet. Like the second someone asks she barges in and does it. Even if they are asking ME to do it for them. She's come up with all these new conventions she wants us all to follow. She wants me to show her how to do things but if I don't show up the second she asks, then she's 'too busy'. So I should drop everything to show you but you can't do things when I get a chance?

You can't just barge in even with seniority and try to change everything! She wants to be going 24/7 and wants things done at the second they're asked for. We're not that kind of group... we're really relaxed and always have been. When things are breakneck speed we all handle it fine. But things aren't always breakneck speed and nor do we want them to be.

My other coworker comes back next week thank god. I hope she chills out.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:06 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
If you have reservations DON'T DO IT... you should feel comfortable with whoever you book.
I know some people have tight budgets and instead of going full-on DJ they just rent a PA system and "DJ" their wedding off an iPod. You might want to look into that as an option.

Also $100 for a tasting?! WHAT??? I have never heard of that... all the cake people in town here have free tastings. One even does free tastings open to the public every month... W.T.F.
Yep. She only used Fondant, and I hate Fondant. She was like when we do your tasting, you will fall in love with it. I was going to say sure, let's do the tasting, but then she hit me with requiring a $100 deposit to schedule the tasting. No thank you.

Thank you for the idea of the iPod thing. If all else fails, maybe his brother in law can DJ this way ROFL

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 05-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Top Dog

That's how we did our wedding, and if there is a song someone wanted we could easily download it. We bought a $100 iTunes card and threw it on the account.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCrafty View Post
We are having such a hard time finding a DJ for our wedding, in our price range. Found one, but I am really not happy and have reservations. No videos, can't see him perform either at an open venue or bar or any other place, and he wants half the money to reserve him by Monday (a holiday here). They wil allow a 2 day grace period only. This is a huge chunk of money I am going to be paying someone that I have not met, or seen perform, and I am panicking. I didn't go with a cake person because she wanted $100 for a tasting. I can't justify spending money thar I can't get back if I don't like you, or how you do things. All of the other DJs in the area are too expensive, but they have videos. Or some are too expensive but they don't have videos.

I really don't know what to do. I have been crying since I got the email this morning. So. Much. Money!
With EVERYONE having smartphones and the ability to video at any time, I think not having something to show you is a big red flag. Nope. You don't want this to be a scam artist either, takes your deposit and disappears.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:20 PM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I know some people have tight budgets and instead of going full-on DJ they just rent a PA system and "DJ" their wedding off an iPod. You might want to look into that as an option.
Yep, that's what we did and it worked great - we had someone who kept an ear on the system and knew how to trouble shoot if necessary, but it went off without a hitch.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:14 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Gah!

I want a new couch because the one we have is old, ugly, and starting to loose it's support.

DH doesn't want a brand new couch, because "the dogs will just tear it up".

Okay. So I started to look for an "old" new couch that we could get cheap off of craiglist, so we would be able to get a new(er) couch that would nice, but we wouldn't be dropping hundreds on it so if the dogs did something to it, all would be well.

"No, we're not doing that. If we're getting a new couch, then we're going to buy it new."

BUT YOU JUST SAID YOU DIDN'T WANT A NEW COUCH!

I don't understand, and I'm frustrated. I don't want to spend hundreds on a freaking couch when we don't have room for a living room set. (And why buy furniture new if it won't match?) But I don't want our current couch any longer. Craigslist seemed like a perfect solution.

I'm inquiring about the couch I liked anyway.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:32 PM
Behavior Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Gah!

I want a new couch because the one we have is old, ugly, and starting to loose it's support.

DH doesn't want a brand new couch, because "the dogs will just tear it up".

Okay. So I started to look for an "old" new couch that we could get cheap off of craiglist, so we would be able to get a new(er) couch that would nice, but we wouldn't be dropping hundreds on it so if the dogs did something to it, all would be well.

"No, we're not doing that. If we're getting a new couch, then we're going to buy it new."

BUT YOU JUST SAID YOU DIDN'T WANT A NEW COUCH!

I don't understand, and I'm frustrated. I don't want to spend hundreds on a freaking couch when we don't have room for a living room set. (And why buy furniture new if it won't match?) But I don't want our current couch any longer. Craigslist seemed like a perfect solution.

I'm inquiring about the couch I liked anyway.
This sounds like a convo I had with DH not that long ago - he just doesn't 'get' why I want another couch in a more pet friendly material. Our current couch is "fine", which it is, but I haaaate having to keep a blanket on it all the time. :P

Old 05-23-2014, 02:44 PM
The Monster.

My husband and I decided we wanted (actually needed) new couches. Though, we didn't feel like paying $$$ and didn't find much we cared for in stores. So we kept an eye on estate sales and the like and actually found 2 that we were quite happy with for a decent price. Not dirt cheap by any means, but we'll be happy to use them for a good many years. I didn't much care for the process (waking up at 4am to get there first after seeing what we wanted online) and won't do it often, but for big purchases it's not a bad way to do it.

My husband and I are terrible at spending money on ourselves. We have a good amount of it, but we baulk at larger purchases & tasks for the house. So we end up looking like we're paupers despite that really being the case.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 05-23-2014, 02:58 PM
Top Dog

I wish my boyfriend wanted new couches, too.

He'll barely let me settle for covers.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 05-23-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm All Ears

My oven ignitor just failed. ****. No pizza for me. Now I've got to call the landlord.

Commence operation attempt to cook pizza in wok.

Last edited by Laurelin; 05-23-2014 at 08:21 PM.