Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-19-2014, 04:15 PM
Top Dog

I stayed home with Clive this morning because he's had a fever since yesterday. It's down today (hovering int he 100 degree range rather than 102.4 as it was yesterday). He has a runny nose, but that's about it. Seems to feel fine, acts fine. His tonsils are a bit red, but that happens any time he gets a runny nose. Sheesh, go away, fever
Old 05-19-2014, 04:30 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

The place I was waiting to hear back from e-mailed me and told me the person who's in the position now is actually leaving because their spouse is relocating, except they just found out the spouse ISN'T relocating until maybe later this summer, so. They're putting the position on hold.

*$@^ #@!U $*&@.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-19-2014, 09:37 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

No motivation to study out do homework this week. No wonder I'm riding the struggle bus.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 05-20-2014, 12:56 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I hate money problems.

What I hate even more than money problems is when I'm expected to handle the bills and budget, but then I'm not told that certain expenses are coming up. Or how much they are. Or that they're coming out of a bank account I never use. And that I'm expected to know all about them, even though I've been given no information.

SERIOUSLY.

Once again, we have almost $300 in bills I was not anticipating. The ****. COMMUNICATION. IT IS A THING. DO IT. Had I known we had these expenses we had to pay, I would have, oh, I don't know. Not have let a certain someone purchase almost $100 worth of new video games this month? And I would have said, "No, don't spend $50 on alcohol, we can't afford it right now." And maybe I wouldn't have dropped $100 at Petsmart buying crap, or spent $15 on a pizza two weeks in a row. But NOOOOOOO. I thought we had money. Apparently, we don't. And maybe I would have known to transfer money to a bank account I NEVER USE so a certain someone wouldn't have overdrawn!

Ugh.

Why does no communication happen? Why? I shouldn't have to ask pointed questions to obtain information when I don't even know what I'm supposed to be questioning about! Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh.

Even more ugh: I distinctly remember him asking me to transfer over $100. I also distinctly remember telling him later that I couldn't do it. Even so...why are we overdrafted by $140, with, $120 pending?! Come on!

Old 05-20-2014, 01:11 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
I hate money problems.

What I hate even more than money problems is when I'm expected to handle the bills and budget, but then I'm not told that certain expenses are coming up. Or how much they are. Or that they're coming out of a bank account I never use. And that I'm expected to know all about them, even though I've been given no information.

SERIOUSLY.

Once again, we have almost $300 in bills I was not anticipating. The ****. COMMUNICATION. IT IS A THING. DO IT. Had I known we had these expenses we had to pay, I would have, oh, I don't know. Not have let a certain someone purchase almost $100 worth of new video games this month? And I would have said, "No, don't spend $50 on alcohol, we can't afford it right now." And maybe I wouldn't have dropped $100 at Petsmart buying crap, or spent $15 on a pizza two weeks in a row. But NOOOOOOO. I thought we had money. Apparently, we don't. And maybe I would have known to transfer money to a bank account I NEVER USE so a certain someone wouldn't have overdrawn!

Ugh.

Why does no communication happen? Why? I shouldn't have to ask pointed questions to obtain information when I don't even know what I'm supposed to be questioning about! Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh.

Even more ugh: I distinctly remember him asking me to transfer over $100. I also distinctly remember telling him later that I couldn't do it. Even so...why are we overdrafted by $140, with, $120 pending?! Come on!
HUGS!

This is why the first few years of marriage are HARD. People always make it out to be so easy lovey-dovey, but it's not. You're merging two people together. All of two people. That's a lot.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:36 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
HUGS!

This is why the first few years of marriage are HARD. People always make it out to be so easy lovey-dovey, but it's not. You're merging two people together. All of two people. That's a lot.
At least this is a small thing, honestly. Lesson learned. Error will be fixed today, I get my first pay check tomorrow that will help us recuperate, and we'll hopefully come up with a game plan for the future of this side account.

He's used to spending on a whim and not really having to worry about anything, whereas I've always been a hoarding squirrel with my cash. In the past month he's made great strides in running large purchases by me before making them and subduing his haphazard spending, but he still just doesn't think to share pertinent information until it is critical. Annoys the snot out of me. If I ask him about it he is more than forthcoming, but if it is about something I know nothing about, I can't ask about it!

Old 05-20-2014, 02:03 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
At least this is a small thing, honestly. Lesson learned. Error will be fixed today, I get my first pay check tomorrow that will help us recuperate, and we'll hopefully come up with a game plan for the future of this side account.

He's used to spending on a whim and not really having to worry about anything, whereas I've always been a hoarding squirrel with my cash. In the past month he's made great strides in running large purchases by me before making them and subduing his haphazard spending, but he still just doesn't think to share pertinent information until it is critical. Annoys the snot out of me. If I ask him about it he is more than forthcoming, but if it is about something I know nothing about, I can't ask about it!
My OH used to be like that too, now I have taught him about goals and objectives, like how we want to save for a new vehicle soon.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:47 AM
Top Dog

I am thinking that this whole sleeping in the basement thing is not going to work out. Not if I swell up like a balloon and have an asthma attack every time I try to go to sleep. Besides the fact that it is so LOUD down there.

Yay floody basement. Hopefully the basement flooding gets fixed and I can sleep down there, because otherwise this just sucks. I miss sleeping before 3 and waking up before noon. It's such a waste with this (mostly) beautiful weather.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:16 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
when it comes to your training issues, it is apparent that Lotta's issues would be best solved with somebody who can meet her in person (/trainer) because online advice is difficult and what you are asking is one-on-one step by step methods and advice, which is what trainers are PAID to do.
First of all, Lotta is not a problem dog and we are talking about teaching basic things. We may not be talking about Lotta's behavior when we use the words "issue" and "problem". We have told that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleonora View Post
My friend has taken Lotta to courses and she is going to take Lotta to them again as soon as she can. She would like to discuss about dog training in this forum until then.
The bolding is communly used and we use it if we want to highlight something. Otherwice we would need to break the messages down to even smaller parts which would take a lot of time. We also could not change the way we write. We have told about it in this thread: My friend and Aspergers

That may be possible:
Quote:
Ok there is some miscommunication going on, and it's obvious you are getting frustrated.
May I suggest perhaps losing the bold and the third person. Since you are kind enough to type for her perhaps the "my friend.." isn't necessary, just "I want to.." it makes your posts kind of stick out and makes them more cumbersome to read
My friend is not demanding anything and she wants mostly to discuss about dog training. There are different kind of subjects what my friend would like to discuss about. Besides she has read that you can/should work with more than one behavior at the time. She is asking instructions only if there already aren't them.

Quote:
Going into different threads and demanding different advice.....//.....This forum is about sharing, we do ask for advice but very few members here are professional dog trainers. We work with our own dogs and let others know what worked for US, and apparently none of that is well suited for Lotta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleonora View Post
That is not the case...//.....Only some of your suggestions aren't suitable for Lotta. Read our comment here:
What are you working on?
My friend wants to add that it might be a better idea to discuss more about things that relates to my friend's disability in this thread "My friend and Aspergers", and about other things in this thread: Looking for a person to talk with

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
I wanted to add that we never see posts outside of asking for help. Be a part of the community. Let us get to know you and your friend, respond to other threads, ect.
My friend has not found other threads yet where to write.

My friend and Asperger
Lotta is funny and playful <<--read more
Old 05-21-2014, 08:16 AM
Fishies!

Bolding is NOT commonly used. It is not commonly used for half the bloody post.

Quit it already. Stop whining.