Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-08-2014, 06:51 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I just got kicked off a FB group about ranch dogs and horses because I disagreed with someone about docking tails on ACDs ... whatever ... it just tells me they didn't want to admit I had a point. Also my shoulder (the one the horse kicked me on) has been hurting like hell for the past few days and hurts every time I do strength training with it., boo. :/
Old 05-08-2014, 09:20 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Checked my bank account last night to make sure everything was okay for my credit card payment to go through... oh, no, no, no. Everything is NOT okay.
Apparently I had no right to go to the grocery store and spend $30 buying food. I should have just continued to not have any food to eat.

I had to ask my parents to lend me some money. I already owe them a crapload of money. F*ck.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Higbread Dingbat

I'm sick and the dogs are sick.

Proud of Rigby for waking me up and bugging me to take her out.
Slightly less proud, but proud nonetheless of Cobain for holding it and not exploding on the floor. (He refused to go when we went out the first time).

I guess it was a good thing I didn't get a call back from the interview I had earlier this week. They said Thursday would be the training day.

Ugh...

Nap now.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:44 AM
Big Dog

My friend has also couple questions???

She would like to know are others still interested in this?:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleonora View Post
My friend would still like to discuss about dog training here. She would also need advice in it.

However, part of our messages/threads (not all of them) have started to become monologues. My friend thinks it's so boooring...
For example, she just noticed that it has been A MONTH since someone else has written in this thread: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/show...=270260&page=2
although we have put new questions there. Are others still interested in discussing about it?

My friend and Asperger
Lotta is funny and playful <<--read more
Old 05-09-2014, 08:10 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Sometimes I annoy myself with the things I dont thing through lol.

I just got ingredients to make some new and expanded products, mostly more bath bombs and truffles and bubble bars. I was collecting ideas and recipes to make samples so I could try them and THEN remembered.....I have no freaking bath tub. DH pulled it out back in January as part of the bathroom remodel and well, yeah, its going to be awhile before the new one gets hooked up (and in the meantime the giant box its in is just sitting in my bedroom)
I will selflessly volunteer to test your products.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 05-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Sometimes I annoy myself with the things I dont thing through lol.

I just got ingredients to make some new and expanded products, mostly more bath bombs and truffles and bubble bars. I was collecting ideas and recipes to make samples so I could try them and THEN remembered.....I have no freaking bath tub. DH pulled it out back in January as part of the bathroom remodel and well, yeah, its going to be awhile before the new one gets hooked up (and in the meantime the giant box its in is just sitting in my bedroom)

Totally up for bath bombs and bubble bars here

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 05-09-2014, 11:00 AM
Top Dog

I'm all for bath bombs too!
Old 05-09-2014, 12:02 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Dammit King, why do you make your games free if you have to pay for every little thing and the waiting for more lives thing? That sucks! If you are going to advertise free games than you should MAKE THE FREE!!
Old 05-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleonora View Post
My friend has also couple questions???

She would like to know are others still interested in this?:

For example, she just noticed that it has been A MONTH since someone else has written in this thread: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/show...=270260&page=2
although we have put new questions there. Are others still interested in discussing about it?
I'm trying to figure out how to word this so here it goes:

The reason you aren't getting the replies you seem to want is that no one really knows what to tell you. No one is replying because no one has anything left to say. Almost all advice or suggestions you've been given have been brushed away as something that won't work or you want even more detailed, step by step instructions.

The issues with that is that step by step instructions, over the internet, to a dog we don't know are very difficult. Dog training is fluid, it changes depending on the dog, the handler, the environment, the wants, the skill level of all involved etc. Someone could give you the most detailed step by step instructions around but that doesn't guarantee anything will work, you still will probably have to tweak and adjust based on you and your dogs.

And that takes us to the other issue, you're asking for something that this forum just isn't going to supply. We are discussion based, we like to bounce ideas off of each other, ask for suggestions and have conversations. This forum isn't going to act as an instructional pamphlet and trying to force everyone on here to do that has just resulted in no one replying to your threads.

You've been given a lot of good advice on how to teach a drop, I would suggest rereading that thread and really trying some of the suggestions. Don't assume they won't work for your dog, try them, pay attention to what she's doing and adjust from there. Take a video or yourself and her during a training session and watch it after. You could even post that on here so that people can give better advice because they can see what and how you are training. Try Allie's advice and go to some real life classes with her, talk to a trainer in person who can watch and help you.

My last piece of advice is instead of trying to force and create topics like you've been doing, join into some of the existing topics. Talk on some of the other threads, add your experiences to other threads people have made.

Let us get to know you and your dog.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
I'm trying to figure out how to word this so here it goes:

The reason you aren't getting the replies you seem to want is that no one really knows what to tell you. No one is replying because no one has anything left to say. Almost all advice or suggestions you've been given have been brushed away as something that won't work or you want even more detailed, step by step instructions.

The issues with that is that step by step instructions, over the internet, to a dog we don't know are very difficult. Dog training is fluid, it changes depending on the dog, the handler, the environment, the wants, the skill level of all involved etc. Someone could give you the most detailed step by step instructions around but that doesn't guarantee anything will work, you still will probably have to tweak and adjust based on you and your dogs.

And that takes us to the other issue, you're asking for something that this forum just isn't going to supply. We are discussion based, we like to bounce ideas off of each other, ask for suggestions and have conversations. This forum isn't going to act as an instructional pamphlet and trying to force everyone on here to do that has just resulted in no one replying to your threads.

You've been given a lot of good advice on how to teach a drop, I would suggest rereading that thread and really trying some of the suggestions. Don't assume they won't work for your dog, try them, pay attention to what she's doing and adjust from there. Take a video or yourself and her during a training session and watch it after. You could even post that on here so that people can give better advice because they can see what and how you are training. Try Allie's advice and go to some real life classes with her, talk to a trainer in person who can watch and help you.

My last piece of advice is instead of trying to force and create topics like you've been doing, join into some of the existing topics. Talk on some of the other threads, add your experiences to other threads people have made.

Let us get to know you and your dog.
This. Linds to the rescue!

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/