Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-29-2014, 04:00 PM
Resident fainting goat

I understand that we all have different likes/dislikes dog wise aesthetically. I get that and I don't think I'm too sensitive about it, that said I received a anonymous message on tumblr that was just really judgmental about Merlin and his structure and looks and coat and I hate how much it stung to read the person didn't even sound angry, just informing me that my dog is all wrong and why. I just hate that with the amount of love I have for him and the amount of people that compliment him, this got me as much as it did. I know nothing about structure or coat I just never saw him as anything less than perfect and never hesitated to post pictures of him and now I just feel weird about it. I still think he's perfect but it's weird thinking there are people seeing pictures of him just being happy and making such harsh judgments.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:15 PM
*Biter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Why am I so depressed? I'm on medication. It should be working. Blood tests say yay. Everything in my life is going well, and in a few months it will be going REALLY well. So. . . why? I'm tired of this. I need to be on my game for the rest of the week and all I can fantasize about is sleeping in bed and not selling any cars, like, ever, and not even getting out of bed. Ever.

Oh, and my boss is like "I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE DEPRESSED! You need to shove it all to the side and ignore it. I ignore MY home life issues, you should be able to do the same."

I CAN'T IGNORE A MEDICAL CONDITION, YOU IMPOTENT, RAGING, PATHETIC, MOTHER****ING MORON. THAT'S LIKE TELLING ME TO IGNORE MY BLOOD PRESSURE PROBLEMS OR MY BROKEN LEG. Why are mental health issues treated as less than? MY DEPRESSION IS SO SEVERE I'M ON MEDICATION FOR IT. Don't tell me it's some trivial ****ing issue that I need to be able to put aside for work. It's not like my dog peeing on the rug or getting into an argument with my roommate. It's a constant wish to either be in bed, asleep, so I don't have to feel anything again or to be dead. It's an inability to smile or relate to people.

I'm just. . . frustrated. I realize there are ups and downs and this will go away, but I need some sort of support and the only place I get it is from my friend who is also manic-depressive, but thinks you don't need medication, you just need to "suck it up" and you can "handle it" on your own. Even though when he was on meds he did ten times better, no, clearly the meds weren't helping.

For ****'s sake. I just want to scream and yell a bit and go back to bed.
Huge huggles. Do you still have my #? Don't hesitate to call it. I understand.

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt
Old 04-29-2014, 04:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffiangirl View Post
I have never had to deal with anything like this Nolu, so I can't offer any advice, but I want you to know that many of us are hear for you , and I hope you get your meds figured out.
For the record I meant here yeah..so...carry on.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:30 PM
Dogless

Quote:
Why am I so depressed? I'm on medication. It should be working. Blood tests say yay. Everything in my life is going well, and in a few months it will be going REALLY well. So. . . why? I'm tired of this. I need to be on my game for the rest of the week and all I can fantasize about is sleeping in bed and not selling any cars, like, ever, and not even getting out of bed. Ever.

Oh, and my boss is like "I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE DEPRESSED! You need to shove it all to the side and ignore it. I ignore MY home life issues, you should be able to do the same."

I CAN'T IGNORE A MEDICAL CONDITION, YOU IMPOTENT, RAGING, PATHETIC, MOTHER****ING MORON. THAT'S LIKE TELLING ME TO IGNORE MY BLOOD PRESSURE PROBLEMS OR MY BROKEN LEG. Why are mental health issues treated as less than? MY DEPRESSION IS SO SEVERE I'M ON MEDICATION FOR IT. Don't tell me it's some trivial ****ing issue that I need to be able to put aside for work. It's not like my dog peeing on the rug or getting into an argument with my roommate. It's a constant wish to either be in bed, asleep, so I don't have to feel anything again or to be dead. It's an inability to smile or relate to people.

I'm just. . . frustrated. I realize there are ups and downs and this will go away, but I need some sort of support and the only place I get it is from my friend who is also manic-depressive, but thinks you don't need medication, you just need to "suck it up" and you can "handle it" on your own. Even though when he was on meds he did ten times better, no, clearly the meds weren't helping.

((((Hugs))))

Jazzy 5 y/o. Siberian

~A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his.~
Old 04-29-2014, 04:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I understand that we all have different likes/dislikes dog wise aesthetically. I get that and I don't think I'm too sensitive about it, that said I received a anonymous message on tumblr that was just really judgmental about Merlin and his structure and looks and coat and I hate how much it stung to read the person didn't even sound angry, just informing me that my dog is all wrong and why. I just hate that with the amount of love I have for him and the amount of people that compliment him, this got me as much as it did. I know nothing about structure or coat I just never saw him as anything less than perfect and never hesitated to post pictures of him and now I just feel weird about it. I still think he's perfect but it's weird thinking there are people seeing pictures of him just being happy and making such harsh judgments.
People are dicks, unless you were in a show ring where you pay someone to judge him then this one persons opinion is worthless. Post more Merlin pics, I love seeing him
Old 04-29-2014, 05:20 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
People are dicks, unless you were in a show ring where you pay someone to judge him then this one persons opinion is worthless. Post more Merlin pics, I love seeing him
This.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 04-29-2014, 06:15 PM
*Biter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
People can be such douches.

I posted a picture here once of Corvus, and it was snagged by someone, uploaded to Icanhascheeseburger.com and made into a million different memes. Many were not nice, and referred to him as ugly, among other things. Even people I know in person tell me how ugly he is. It pisses me off, sure, but hey...in the end, *I* love my dog and *I* think he's the most handsome creature on the planet, so screw 'em. Me personally, I think the only thing ugly about Corvus is the sheer number of assholes he attracts who feel compelled to comment negatively on his looks. People who, without being asked for their opinion, think it's okay to tell someone their furry little sidekick isn't their idea of perfect have no tact and aren't worth the energy. Don't let it get to you. Merlin is fluffy cuteness, and probably has more friends than some bitter old tumblr hag.

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt
Old 04-29-2014, 06:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Basically this

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 04-29-2014, 07:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
This. In addition, if they were so confident of their opinion, they wouldn't have sent an anonymous message. Merlin is awesome and ever so handsome
Old 04-29-2014, 08:46 PM
Super-Genius

Quote:

Maybe its not a medical condition, but rather one of the heart? Please, please please do not misunderstand me Nolu. But from the little I know about you from what you share here..... I cannot help but wonder. Perhaps you will not care, but we will be praying for you.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.