Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-29-2014, 10:38 AM
Top Dog

My workplace is having a meeting today. This is annoying because this is the second one in a row they've have on my day off (they're supposed to rotate days). That is annoying because it means I have to send my kiddo to an extra day of daycare, which means I'm paying more to go to this meeting than I'm getting paid by being there. Iiiiirksome
Old 04-29-2014, 11:18 AM
Aware

This was yesterday, but I'm still pissed.

Call GED place to confirm classes are still on for that night. Got a yes.
Go to school where GED classes are held. Ask around. Nobody has any idea what I'm talking about, all classrooms are locked and dark.
Get outside, Em has asspiss and throws up.

I'm having a ridiculously hard time finding information for other classes being offered in the area. Fark.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 04-29-2014, 12:11 PM
Bored Now.

Why am I so depressed? I'm on medication. It should be working. Blood tests say yay. Everything in my life is going well, and in a few months it will be going REALLY well. So. . . why? I'm tired of this. I need to be on my game for the rest of the week and all I can fantasize about is sleeping in bed and not selling any cars, like, ever, and not even getting out of bed. Ever.

Oh, and my boss is like "I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE DEPRESSED! You need to shove it all to the side and ignore it. I ignore MY home life issues, you should be able to do the same."

I CAN'T IGNORE A MEDICAL CONDITION, YOU IMPOTENT, RAGING, PATHETIC, MOTHER****ING MORON. THAT'S LIKE TELLING ME TO IGNORE MY BLOOD PRESSURE PROBLEMS OR MY BROKEN LEG. Why are mental health issues treated as less than? MY DEPRESSION IS SO SEVERE I'M ON MEDICATION FOR IT. Don't tell me it's some trivial ****ing issue that I need to be able to put aside for work. It's not like my dog peeing on the rug or getting into an argument with my roommate. It's a constant wish to either be in bed, asleep, so I don't have to feel anything again or to be dead. It's an inability to smile or relate to people.

I'm just. . . frustrated. I realize there are ups and downs and this will go away, but I need some sort of support and the only place I get it is from my friend who is also manic-depressive, but thinks you don't need medication, you just need to "suck it up" and you can "handle it" on your own. Even though when he was on meds he did ten times better, no, clearly the meds weren't helping.

For ****'s sake. I just want to scream and yell a bit and go back to bed.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:44 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

(((Hugs))) Nolu.

My vent:
Yesterday tried to go get new stickers for my plate. No. It's Confederate Memorial Day and they were closed. Instead went and bought a printer so I could print off my resume for a job application.

Today, get everything ready to leave. My car now has expired plates. Oh, well. Have my resume for the job application. Wait for the thunderstorm to pass and go to leave....and the freaking road is flooded. Started to go through it, chickened out, and decided to take a back road. It's flooded worse. Great. Was going to take the truck instead....and it has no windshield wipers. Double great.

Guess I won't be doing anything today. Again. I'm really starting to get antsy about this stupid job application. I don't want to miss out on it! Ugh!

Really starting to feel like I'm just existing and not living. And that sucks.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:59 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Why am I so depressed? I'm on medication. It should be working. Blood tests say yay. Everything in my life is going well, and in a few months it will be going REALLY well. So. . . why? I'm tired of this. I need to be on my game for the rest of the week and all I can fantasize about is sleeping in bed and not selling any cars, like, ever, and not even getting out of bed. Ever.

Oh, and my boss is like "I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE DEPRESSED! You need to shove it all to the side and ignore it. I ignore MY home life issues, you should be able to do the same."

I CAN'T IGNORE A MEDICAL CONDITION, YOU IMPOTENT, RAGING, PATHETIC, MOTHER****ING MORON. THAT'S LIKE TELLING ME TO IGNORE MY BLOOD PRESSURE PROBLEMS OR MY BROKEN LEG. Why are mental health issues treated as less than? MY DEPRESSION IS SO SEVERE I'M ON MEDICATION FOR IT. Don't tell me it's some trivial ****ing issue that I need to be able to put aside for work. It's not like my dog peeing on the rug or getting into an argument with my roommate. It's a constant wish to either be in bed, asleep, so I don't have to feel anything again or to be dead. It's an inability to smile or relate to people.

I'm just. . . frustrated. I realize there are ups and downs and this will go away, but I need some sort of support and the only place I get it is from my friend who is also manic-depressive, but thinks you don't need medication, you just need to "suck it up" and you can "handle it" on your own. Even though when he was on meds he did ten times better, no, clearly the meds weren't helping.

For ****'s sake. I just want to scream and yell a bit and go back to bed.
Do you go to counseling as well? It make all the difference for some people. What about a DBT class?

Doesn't hurt to try a new med or combo or new dr either.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 04-29-2014, 01:47 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

GRRRRRRRRRR I broke the kitchen faucet. I HATE THIS HOUSE!!!!!!! Ok I don't hate it but it seems like everything in it is falling apart. All I was doing was wiping it down and it just popped off. The piece that turns the water on and off is one of those swivel types... you lift it to turn it on and then swing it left or right for temp and push down to shut off... well that piece just popped right off. The screw that holds it on was rusted right through. I DON"T HAVE TIME FOR THIS lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post
Do you go to counseling as well? It make all the difference for some people. What about a DBT class?

Doesn't hurt to try a new med or combo or new dr either.
Seeing a psychiatrist and therapist right now.. And I just got a new doctor. And new meds in November from my old one. Sigh.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Seeing a psychiatrist and therapist right now.. And I just got a new doctor. And new meds in November from my old one. Sigh.
If its not working tell them you want to try something else. Not everything works for everyone. If the dr keeps saying give it time then get another because you should be feeling better from meds started in nov.

Thinking of you! If you lived closer I'd tell you who the good drs are but your a bit far lol! Doesn't hurt to ask around though. People call at work all the time and ask who we reccomend for psychiatrists so doubt your local hospital would be shocked if you called and asked.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 04-29-2014, 03:13 PM
Aware

<3 Nolu.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 04-29-2014, 03:17 PM
Top Dog

I have never had to deal with anything like this Nolu, so I can't offer any advice, but I want you to know that many of us are hear for you , and I hope you get your meds figured out.