Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-19-2014, 01:00 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I hate when people ask 'Oh so what do you do for a living?' Then I tell them and they go on a tirade about evil oil companies and what are my thoughts on XYZ politics blah blah blah. And then I try to explain I DON'T HAVE A DEGREE IN ANY EARTH SCIENCE. No I am not ducking your questions saying I don't know. I really don't know. I work on the database system and cleanup and making sure programs run smoothly. I don't do any of that stuff!
As someone who might potientally have an oil lease on their property soon, I feel your pain because I have had the same response from people saying I am "part of the problem" I just smile and say "whatever you say".
Old 04-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Agility freak!

Ugh. Our current landlord is being a pain in the ass about us moving out. And we, being first time renters, didn't realize we had to give a certain time of notice and so now she is wanting to come look at the place and everything right away, and we currently have two snakes here, that we didn't ask to have (stupid. I know.) And so we have to get them out and are thinking we are gonna have to sell them. Gah. I really don't want to. But don't know what else to do.

I will be so happy to get out of this place and into the new place. More space, and the owners are actually dog lovers and so are cool with the dogs and it has a fenced yard. Very excited to move just hate the drama.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 04-20-2014, 10:52 PM
Dogless

A family-friend just lost their daughter. She was shot by her boyfriend due to custody of their child, who was 8 months old. .He then tried to shoot her father. Unfortunately, she didn't make it. She was put on life-support, but she was pulled off it. The father, & baby are both ok. She was only 20 years old. I am not sure what is happening with the baby, as of right now.There all devastated. I can't sympathize enough for them. As for him he has 2 counts of second degree murder.

I have never met any of them before, my Mom is good friends with her, but I am really devastated for them.

Jazzy 5 y/o. Siberian

~A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his.~
Old 04-20-2014, 11:25 PM
Duuuuude.

If someone disagrees with you, delete all the evidence that it ever happened!

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 04-21-2014, 12:30 AM
Top Dog

I AM NOT A VET. Even if I was a vet, I'm not YOUR vet. I don't even know much about cats because I don't really like cats. Stop asking me about your sick cat, and STOP GOOGLING AWAY HIS ILLNESS. "Cats puke a lot" is only applicable if YOUR SPECIFIC CAT regularly pukes a lot. When he hasn't had anything to eat or drink in 4-5 days and hides under the bed all way, you should probably TAKE HIM TO A VET. I no longer work in a vet clinic at all, so also don't ask me how much it will cost. I HAVE NO IDEA. CALL YOUR VET
Old 04-21-2014, 08:53 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I AM NOT A VET. Even if I was a vet, I'm not YOUR vet. I don't even know much about cats because I don't really like cats. Stop asking me about your sick cat, and STOP GOOGLING AWAY HIS ILLNESS. "Cats puke a lot" is only applicable if YOUR SPECIFIC CAT regularly pukes a lot. When he hasn't had anything to eat or drink in 4-5 days and hides under the bed all way, you should probably TAKE HIM TO A VET. I no longer work in a vet clinic at all, so also don't ask me how much it will cost. I HAVE NO IDEA. CALL YOUR VET
YES. Why do people think your vet is an idiot, but you, with no formal training, have all of the answers?

"My male cat is straining to urinate. Is there anything I can give him to help him go?"
"TAKE YOUR CAT TO THE VET RIGHT NOW!!!!!!"

"The vet prescribed this, and it worked, but we ran out and don't want to take the cat back. Is there anything over the counter that will work?"
"Um, no. That is an antibiotic. You can't buy that over the counter. If your cat isn't better, he needs to be seen again."

"My vet prescribed these medications. Do I really need to give them all?"
"Yes. Yes, you do."

Old 04-21-2014, 11:40 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTheSibe View Post
A family-friend just lost their daughter. She was shot by her boyfriend due to custody of their child, who was 8 months old. .He then tried to shoot her father. Unfortunately, she didn't make it. She was put on life-support, but she was pulled off it. The father, & baby are both ok. She was only 20 years old. I am not sure what is happening with the baby, as of right now.There all devastated. I can't sympathize enough for them. As for him he has 2 counts of second degree murder.

I have never met any of them before, my Mom is good friends with her, but I am really devastated for them.
OMG I am so very sorry, that's terrible! So much sadness going around lately
Old 04-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Resident fainting goat

Have to do a group project with this girl, thought she was nice via email and met her for the first time ever and she is telling me how she doesn't have any friends that are girls because she doesn't like drama and "girly things"

ughh such a red flag.
Since she is so keen on stereotyping, I am going to bet $1000 she is going to be the worlds BIGGEST pain in the ass.

Special snowflake syndrome, party of one.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:44 AM
Top Dog

When I respond to every text you send with 'email me,' maybe that's a hint to stop texting me and... email me?

Especially when I'm doing you a favor!

Also do not photograph a spreadsheet and then text me the picture. Just email me the file!
Old 04-22-2014, 01:53 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Also do not photograph a spreadsheet and then text me the picture. Just email me the file!
Wat. How does that even make sense. How are you supposed to read it if it's a tiny picture in a text!? And what are you supposed to do with it? I mean, I'd assume it's a spreadsheet for a reason...