Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-29-2014, 06:27 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post
If boardering a park here a ranger will shoot them. Otherwise you have to call the sheriff. As far as I know its only deer we have to report.

A lady who I helped with her horses a couple times said she had one hit by a car and it was screaming horribly and needed shot. Highway patrolman would not do it. Said it was supposed to be up to his discretion and he refused. A passerby finally went home and got his gun. He tried to make them feel bad not witing two hours for the vet to "do it humanely".
Geeze , I am glad its not done that way here, here for all native species a fish and game has to be called, then they send someone out who has the authority to shoot the animal if need be or, in case of an endangered species, transport it to the vet to be euthed.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:28 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
I'm obviously retarded.

I just need some dirt. Guys. Where do I get dirt. Cheap. To fill some holes and lay some ground covering to plant grass.

Guys. What kind of grass will grow in Michigan. Everything I'm searching is giving me different ideas!

eta- also guys, when do I plant seed!?
Try asking on craigslist for fill dirt. Somebody might be trying to get rid of it and will let you come haul what you need away for free (because, as you might guess, paying a company to haul dirt isn't free!) I got rid of my road pack that was underneath the asphalt I removed via craigslist, a guy was redoing his driveway in the country. Took him two trips but he hauled ALL of it off for free - and I of course didn't charge him for it either, so we both benefited.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-29-2014, 08:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
I just don't understand why rats can't live longer. Every other rodent lives way longer and are way less awesome.

Tulip hasn't looked well for a couple of weeks now. I thought she'd be gone way before now. She's very weak, and the last couple of days I've had to help her balance to stay upright for meals, and her little hands don't seem to be working very well anymore. She's still eating heartily though, and comes out to the front of the cage to see me. She's older than dirt for a rat, but it still isn't nearly enough time.

Esther has a massive tumor that's now impeding her mobility. She stays in one spot most of the time now, but again, she's still eating and seems to be in good spirits. I've never had a rat with a tumor before, so I feel a little lost in the "when is it time" department. All of my other rats have passed at home on their own. I'm hoping the same for her, but somehow I feel like eventually I will have to make a QOL decision

Now Peony has a tumor too.

Which leaves me with one healthy rat.

I love the rats! I'm sorry I brought you a defective rat.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 9 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 03-29-2014, 08:10 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerLover View Post
I love the rats! I'm sorry I brought you a defective rat.
You did bring the defective rat! It's all your fault!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 03-29-2014, 09:40 PM
Plus One

Just finished a ten hour shift at work. I have 9 hours before I start my next 10 hour shift. And I'm too tired to sleep. So freaking tired.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:38 PM
Duuuuude.

I'm giving my room a long overdue cleaning, and decided to rearrange things. It's been the same since I moved in 3 years ago.

My bed is so freaking heavy that after I moved it, I was pretty much spent. At least the cleaning is pretty much done! I'll move my desk and TV tomorrow. Wish I could've finished tonight, but there's no way!

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 03-29-2014, 11:07 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
I just don't understand why rats can't live longer. Every other rodent lives way longer and are way less awesome.

Tulip hasn't looked well for a couple of weeks now. I thought she'd be gone way before now. She's very weak, and the last couple of days I've had to help her balance to stay upright for meals, and her little hands don't seem to be working very well anymore. She's still eating heartily though, and comes out to the front of the cage to see me. She's older than dirt for a rat, but it still isn't nearly enough time.

Esther has a massive tumor that's now impeding her mobility. She stays in one spot most of the time now, but again, she's still eating and seems to be in good spirits. I've never had a rat with a tumor before, so I feel a little lost in the "when is it time" department. All of my other rats have passed at home on their own. I'm hoping the same for her, but somehow I feel like eventually I will have to make a QOL decision

Now Peony has a tumor too.

Which leaves me with one healthy rat.

Aw That really sucks They definitely don't live long enough and always seem to decline in the blink of an eye.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 03-30-2014, 01:33 AM
Dogless

I was so close to going to sleep, then my sister walked into room & asked if she could sleep with me.Because,apparently she started seeing, & hearing things, & got scared.

Here's to another sleepless night.

Jazzy 5 y/o. Siberian
Old 03-30-2014, 11:36 AM
Highbread Dingbat

My parents went to a seminar yesterday, and a couple there had lost their BMD to an unknown disease the day before. While the dog was 10 years old, it was still very sudden and they were very broken up about it.

What does my dad say? "We've got FOUR dogs, want one?"

If someone said that to me in my situation I would have straight up punched them in the face. Nevermind the fact he thinks he's funny by offering my dogs up to other people.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:54 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozfozz View Post
My parents went to a seminar yesterday, and a couple there had lost their BMD to an unknown disease the day before. While the dog was 10 years old, it was still very sudden and they were very broken up about it.

What does my dad say? "We've got FOUR dogs, want one?"

If someone said that to me in my situation I would have straight up punched them in the face. Nevermind the fact he thinks he's funny by offering my dogs up to other people.
When Izze died both OH and I were totally beside ourselves, not just because she was a cherished family pet, a work partner and the best dog any of us ever knew (I still cry over her, esp during the "right" time of the month) but it was also because of the circumstances surrounding her death.

We had a few people who worked for us actually have the nerve to tell us to "get over it" that it was "just a ****ing dog", so ... yeah ... people can be assholes