Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-28-2014, 10:00 AM
Wookie Collie

I am caught right smack dab in the middle of my landlords' divorce drama. I pay my rent, I'm quiet, I'm keeping your place well-maintained and clean. LEAVE ME OUT OF YOUR AFFAIRS AND DON'T ASK ME TO LIE.

I'm out of here at the end of April though. So.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 03-28-2014, 11:06 AM
Plus One

I agreed to stay at my job because they seemed to have sorted all the problems they were having, majorly the fencing.

Got a phone call today saying that there were 3 horses on the road. Rushed home praying it wasn't them and it was. And it was my new boss that was bringing them them back. And I only said I would stay yesterday. Wish I'd waited a day now
Old 03-28-2014, 12:09 PM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
DUDE, YES. THIS. I agree completely. We should post a TMI poll about this topic - see if anyone else agrees.
Do it! I am the god of tmi. I will love that thread
Old 03-28-2014, 12:23 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Why do people just start launching in bashing entire groups of people without giving any thought to the people around them? I have sat here for over a year with constant political bashing and NOBODY ever asked me how I vote or where my political ideology lies. There was just thirty minutes of Christian-bashing that was somehow spurred by the Noah movie (WTF?) Funny thing is BOTH of my co-workers know I'm religious.

ETA: Also annoying, I'm over here working on a major project I've been working on for the last three days and NOW they've spent 30 minutes talking about Games of Thrones. Not working and talking about it... just sitting there, backs to their computers, talking...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog

Last edited by Beanie; 03-28-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:18 PM
Top Dog

I'm obviously retarded.

I just need some dirt. Guys. Where do I get dirt. Cheap. To fill some holes and lay some ground covering to plant grass.

Guys. What kind of grass will grow in Michigan. Everything I'm searching is giving me different ideas!

eta- also guys, when do I plant seed!?

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 03-28-2014, 02:32 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post
That's awful! I'd call and say something about it. There are more reports when a shot is fired but I hear my friends talking about doing it all the time!
I have always been told in this situation, fish and game would be the people to call. But I'm sure the laws are as varied as the states are.

Old 03-28-2014, 04:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
I have always been told in this situation, fish and game would be the people to call. But I'm sure the laws are as varied as the states are.
If boardering a park here a ranger will shoot them. Otherwise you have to call the sheriff. As far as I know its only deer we have to report.

A lady who I helped with her horses a couple times said she had one hit by a car and it was screaming horribly and needed shot. Highway patrolman would not do it. Said it was supposed to be up to his discretion and he refused. A passerby finally went home and got his gun. He tried to make them feel bad not witing two hours for the vet to "do it humanely".

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 03-28-2014, 04:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
I'm obviously retarded.

I just need some dirt. Guys. Where do I get dirt. Cheap. To fill some holes and lay some ground covering to plant grass.

Guys. What kind of grass will grow in Michigan. Everything I'm searching is giving me different ideas!

eta- also guys, when do I plant seed!?
Dirt is sadly not that cheap lol! I laugh cuz we pay someone to haul away horse poop and they compost it and get paid for it again. I have gotten it when we bought stone so try the stone people. Not sure what we paid.

As far as grass call the local ag/extension office and they usually know what grows best and for what.

As long as its warm I just toss it down and cover with some straw. Sometimes don't even cover it. Wait till freezing stops at least. We just patch what we rut up with truck in the spring and I get whatever seed is on sale.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 03-28-2014, 06:35 PM
Duuuuude.

I bought chicken a few days ago, expiration date 3/29. I opened it to cook it and it stinks. So much for that.

Hopefully they'll either refund me or give me store credit without the receipt. I can't afford $9 on food I can't eat!

On the bright side, my fried rice (which was supposed to be chicken fried rice) came out tasty.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 03-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I just don't understand why rats can't live longer. Every other rodent lives way longer and are way less awesome.

Tulip hasn't looked well for a couple of weeks now. I thought she'd be gone way before now. She's very weak, and the last couple of days I've had to help her balance to stay upright for meals, and her little hands don't seem to be working very well anymore. She's still eating heartily though, and comes out to the front of the cage to see me. She's older than dirt for a rat, but it still isn't nearly enough time.

Esther has a massive tumor that's now impeding her mobility. She stays in one spot most of the time now, but again, she's still eating and seems to be in good spirits. I've never had a rat with a tumor before, so I feel a little lost in the "when is it time" department. All of my other rats have passed at home on their own. I'm hoping the same for her, but somehow I feel like eventually I will have to make a QOL decision

Now Peony has a tumor too.

Which leaves me with one healthy rat.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.