Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-28-2014, 11:13 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
There's definitely a learning curve and a lot of people burn out. I go through alternating phases of love and hate, myself.
My favorite vet at the clinic is burning out, and it sucks. She says on a regular basis that the job is killing her. So I don't think she'll be around for years and years, and I hope she finds something that she loves, it just sucks because she is an amazing vet, and I don't want to find another person to take care of my animals! Because greedy.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:26 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Wah my boyfriend is going away for a week skiing, and I've been so busy and preoccupied I haven't really thought about it, and it's just dawned on me I'm going to miss him

That, and I'm TOTALLY spoilt and he does lots for me, and I'm going to have to fend for myself.... My bed is too big, I'm going to be lonely, who will make me laugh after work and hug me

Boooooooooooooooooooo.

Plus side - dogs in bedroom for a week.

Down side - dogs in bedroom for a week.......
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 02-28-2014, 11:57 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Its amazing how many of my coworkers admit that they are borderline alcoholics because of the field. Its insane, and not something I am able to deal with, I'm finding.
The difference between general practice and the specialty clinic I currently work in is night and day. 95% or more of our client base is respectful, friendly, and cause no problems at all. We do have disgruntled clients, as is to be expected I guess, but it's really not common.

I wasn't ever going to make it working at a general practice clinic for an extended period of time.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 02-28-2014, 12:49 PM
Top Dog

Little worried about the ice storm coming this weekend...its Mardi Gras. The city is going to be a mess :/
Old 02-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

"I hope you understand what I'm saying."

Oh I do. I also understand you're not listening to what I'm saying. But that's okay, I understand it's par for the course and you don't give a **** about what anybody else thinks because it's not your thoughts therefore invalid.

Ugh.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-28-2014, 01:11 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
I don't think a difference clinic would make a difference at all, because it isn't the clinic/co-workers, it's the clients that cause all the stress. Except for maybe if they were so terrible that nobody wanted to go there. So...Banfield? HAH!

Any clinic is going to cause the issues I'm having. I mean, technically I would still have my mom's insurance for a while. Then maybe take out student loans to cover catastrophic insurance until I graduate? I'd really like to use all the money from my dental insurance before I go though. I have an appointment for a teeth cleaning middle of next month, so we will see if I last until then.
I think you could definitely find a clinic that didn't give you that same stress, however unfortunately you can't really know that unless you work there! We generally don't really ever have clients get upset, but we sometimes bend over backwards for them which prevents that (we are notorious for squeezing people in even if it's really not necessary...). There are other stressors though lol.

Maybe a smaller clinic?

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-28-2014, 01:19 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Wah my boyfriend is going away for a week skiing, and I've been so busy and preoccupied I haven't really thought about it, and it's just dawned on me I'm going to miss him

That, and I'm TOTALLY spoilt and he does lots for me, and I'm going to have to fend for myself.... My bed is too big, I'm going to be lonely, who will make me laugh after work and hug me

Boooooooooooooooooooo.

Plus side - dogs in bedroom for a week.

Down side - dogs in bedroom for a week.......
Lol I'm in the exact same situation right now! My boyfriend went on tour with his band for just over a week. I really miss him, but...

DOGS IN THE BEDROOM/ON THE BED, woooot!
Old 02-28-2014, 01:24 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I think you could definitely find a clinic that didn't give you that same stress, however unfortunately you can't really know that unless you work there! We generally don't really ever have clients get upset, but we sometimes bend over backwards for them which prevents that (we are notorious for squeezing people in even if it's really not necessary...). There are other stressors though lol.

Maybe a smaller clinic?
I'm sure if I put effort into it I could probably find somewhere. But in less than a year I start my internship for school and would have to quit anyway. I would rather just go back to Chuck and Don's, where I'm already comfortable :/

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:54 PM
Top Dog

"I called last week and asked for my cat's records to be faxed to this clinic. It wasn't done! I need this done."

No you didn't ma'am, I haven't pulled this file in months.

(didn't tell her that of course)

Get all of the information, find the record.

"Ok, do this right now."

"I'll do this as soon as I have a second, ma'am."

"You should do it right now before you forget again."

"I'm not going to forget anything. Have a good day."

click.

Is this why people get burnt out?

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 02-28-2014, 05:05 PM
Top Dog

I am in a very happy, stable relationship. It is the only relationship that I haven't experienced some sort of major loss, heartache, anger or pain. Yes, I miss my boyfriend during the week. But I see him on weekends. Yes, we can't sleep in the same bed when we go on family vacations with his family. Yes, I know we are 30. I dont care that this bothers you or you find this stupid. It bothers me, too, but I kinda like it.

Yes, we've been dating for a while. We've looked at rings. It's coming. Chill the heck out. I don't care that your divorced friend with kids says that its 'way past time' and I sure as heck don't care that your friend, who takes a job only to work the minimum amount of time so she can collect unemployment says its 'past time'. Stop talking about my business to your friends behind my back.

They don't live my life. YOU don't live my life. Stop telling me I need to make a decision and have a serious conversation with him about marriage. You are ruining me. You cause me anger and stress. You harassing and pressuring me about this causes me to have chest pains. Leave it alone. Chill out. It's coming sooner rather than later. You will know before I do because he has to ask you and Dad for permission. So, just shut up about it. Oh yes, sure. Go tattle to Dad about me. What's he going to do, ground me? Yes I freaking hate my apartment. It is tiny, and its dark and I have no outdoor space. This isn't forever. I can't live with him until we are married. Oh well. You don't pay my rent so why does it bother you? Yes, I desperately want a dog. I think it will help my anxiety tremendously. But we want to pick out our first dog TOGETHER. Again. This has nothing to do with you.

Love, me.

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler