Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-22-2014, 12:55 AM
Top Dog

Tired. It is cool I have hours but 1 day off a week sorta sucks. Especially when it is an hour to and from work. I feel like there is no time to get anything done!
Old 02-22-2014, 11:13 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I just looked at uHaul rental rates.

Holy. Freaking. God.

Let us just hope that my dad's truck can pull a trailer for 900 miles (and then drive 900 miles back home) and that I can fit everything we have into one trailer. Because that is going to be the ONLY way I can afford this move. A truck rental is going to cost upwards of $1000.

Whatever stupid rule that is for the Navy to not to help cover moving expenses because "it is his first duty station" is freaking STUPID.

Thank God we're in a teenie tiny apartment and don't have much stuff. Looks like I may be leaving the furniture behind after all.

Also thank God he's only 900 miles away versus the 2200 miles away that was the other alternative.

ETA: Michael just sent me beach pictures.
That makes it more bearable. LOL

Old 02-22-2014, 11:39 AM
such sights to show you

I legit think Squash might have broken my nose.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:14 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Tired. It is cool I have hours but 1 day off a week sorta sucks. Especially when it is an hour to and from work. I feel like there is no time to get anything done!
At least you get a day off ... We don't. The positive? At least I by to work with animals so it's not really that bad ... I actually enjoy it even if I get a little tired sometimes.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:21 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post

Holy. Freaking. God.

Let us just hope that my dad's truck can pull a trailer for 900 miles (and then drive 900 miles back home) and that I can fit everything we have into one trailer. Because that is going to be the ONLY way I can afford this move. A truck rental is going to cost upwards of $1000.

Whatever stupid rule that is for the Navy to not to help cover moving expenses because "it is his first duty station" is freaking STUPID.

Thank God we're in a teenie tiny apartment and don't have much stuff. Looks like I may be leaving the furniture behind after all.

Also thank God he's only 900 miles away versus the 2200 miles away that was the other alternative.

I don't know if it's any cheaper but have you checked into PODS?

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-22-2014, 03:55 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

Holy. Freaking. God.
This is why my plan is to stuff everything I want to take with me in the back of my car and go lol.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:22 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I don't know if it's any cheaper but have you checked into PODS?
We're looking into alternative options. Never heard of PODS, will have to check it out! Luckily for us, if my Dad's truck can make the 1800 mile round trip, it won't be too expensive to just rent a trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
This is why my plan is to stuff everything I want to take with me in the back of my car and go lol.
If only I didn't have a Civic. LOL But, that is an option...depending on prices and everything, we may just leave the furniture (excluding the bed) behind. We don't have much anyway, and what we do have is going to need to be replaced soon. But I'd like to not do that if at all possible.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:19 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

Holy. Freaking. God.

There are companies also that drop off their trailer, you pack up what you need to, they come and pick it up and put a divider, and then pick up someone else's stuff (depending on who needs what space) and then they drive it to your destination. I believe the fees were less expensive than uhaul (you are sharing space in the trailer, we only needed part of one for a houseful). ABF is one company.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:45 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Asked my dad what he thinks is wrong with my car. He says it all sounds like BCM. But they replaced the BCM last year and it still didn't fix the starter problem... and they had it for an extra two weeks and claimed they could never get it to not start. At least once a day now, it won't start. I don't believe it's the BCM and I'm not thrilled about taking it to the dealership and having it sit there for God knows how long while they mess with it.

But I don't know what else to do because I sure as hell can't afford to replace her. I'm supposed to drive her to Louisville in three weeks...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-23-2014, 12:32 AM
Top Dog

Brooks popped the door open on his crate (which is in the bedroom) today. By the time he thumped on the door, he had peed on the bed. Who does that?! Stinky, intact dog pee. Stripped the bed, cleaned the mattress spot (it only went through a tiny bit, thank heavens), opened a window and could STILL not get the smell to go away. Finally, after a ridiculous amount of investigating, I found that he'd peed on the clothes in the laundry basket too. Asshole Poodle.

Hopefully now that everything is in the washer and dryer, respectively, the smell will clear out. I have a headache that is threatening to be a migraine this evening, and strong smells do not help that.

Again, asshole adolescent dog.