Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-04-2012, 09:51 AM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
This morning my mom asked my dad about something we are doing at the house. He said he really thinks we should wait until spring. My mom said she knows but I really want to do it now (which she knows because this is what we had our fight about that turned into me literally screaming at her.)
His response: "Then stop asking me what I think."

Why does it have to be like this? Just because you don't think it should be done. This is important to me. It was the very first thing I wanted to do at the house and you had to fiddle with a million other things first, like spending THREE DAYS of MY VACATION that I took off specifically so we could work on my house doing NOTHING but going around looking at windows which you STILL didn't order and at this point THOSE won't be until spring either. You wasted my time and yours and now I'm putting my foot down and saying no more, I wanted this done and it's getting done now and I'm not waiting any longer. And because I am finally saying NOW, you don't even want to discuss it, refuse to even recognize that this is IMPORTANT to me and therefore help me? You would rather act like a child instead.

just **** everything.
is there someone besides him that can do it ((((((HUGS))))))

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I was going to do it myself, but I'm not sure I can. And unfortunately I don't think any of my male friends are going to be stronger than I am... not trying to sound egotistical or anything, just I regularly go to the gym and I lift weights and they don't, haha.
Home Depot has a lighter tool that might do the job so I'm going to go down there and just rent that if he doesn't want to help me. It might take longer but if it's as light as they claim I can handle it safely and get it done.

I just don't understand why everything has to be like this. If he doesn't get his way he gets mad and does this "Then don't ask me!!" pouty thing. And yet he refuses to listen to what I want on my house. It's supposed to be a discussion... not just you tell me what I should do and when I say I want to do something else you stop talking about it. Give me INPUT on the options, not just tell me what YOU want me to do and it's either your way or the highway.

My trainer at the gym told me the other day "When you're all done you'll be able to look around the house and go "Me and my dad did that!" and it will be really cool." Right now I'm worrying that everything I look around the house at will just remind me of all the arguments.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-04-2012, 10:27 AM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I was going to do it myself, but I'm not sure I can. And unfortunately I don't think any of my male friends are going to be stronger than I am... not trying to sound egotistical or anything, just I regularly go to the gym and I lift weights and they don't, haha.
Home Depot has a lighter tool that might do the job so I'm going to go down there and just rent that if he doesn't want to help me. It might take longer but if it's as light as they claim I can handle it safely and get it done.

I just don't understand why everything has to be like this. If he doesn't get his way he gets mad and does this "Then don't ask me!!" pouty thing. And yet he refuses to listen to what I want on my house. It's supposed to be a discussion... not just you tell me what I should do and when I say I want to do something else you stop talking about it. Give me INPUT on the options, not just tell me what YOU want me to do and it's either your way or the highway.

My trainer at the gym told me the other day "When you're all done you'll be able to look around the house and go "Me and my dad did that!" and it will be really cool." Right now I'm worrying that everything I look around the house at will just remind me of all the arguments.

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) that sucks. I wonder if you post on CL and say THIS is what I need and THIS is what I have for payment (maybe trade for some kind of graphic art/brochure) if you wouldnt find a up and coming contractor or handy man.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 11-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Waking up in the middle of the night to the dawning realisation that you can't do maths lol!!! 60 months = 5 years, not 3 you idiot! Although it doesn't really make any difference in the long run I'm just a numpty!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Sport Model Pug

I got I cuddle 3 week old border collie mix puppies at the barn tonight... But I forgot my phone in the truck so I didn't get photos.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 11-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Resident fainting goat

When adults are meeting my (white) friends and I and they ask ALL my friends questions like "So what's your major?"
and then it gets to me and they are like "Are you the first person in your family to go to college?"

No.
I come from a family that cherishes and respects higher education. One full of successful lawyers, doctors, engineers, writers, teachers and so much more. One that fought their way into universities and programs that were (/are) predominantly white and knowing what a privilege it was, coming from a place like Haiti where education is NOT a right, to be able to go to school and learn.

but because my skin is darker.
Obviously I am the ONLY person in my family to make it into college, right?
BITE ME.

I know, most of the time, people don't mean any harm. But it's just such a stereotype and it gets OLD.

I get this ALL THE TIME.

"Are you the first person in your family to go to college?"
"Your parents must be so proud to have a daughter that is going to school!"
"You speak so well, it's like you're not even black!"
"Ugh black people are so ______, oh well not you obviously. You're different!"
"You are so _________, it's like you're not even black!"
"Oh god you're such an oreo!"

Oreo is another one that really grinds my gears.
WTF does that even mean?

Dark on the outside. white on the inside?

Why? because I like to read? because I speak eloquently? because I like pop music? wear bows? get good grades?

I've heard it all but I'm not sure when white people got copyright on all those traits.

UGH!

well intentioned/"complimentary" racism.
Still racism.

Don't even get me started on the misplaced "wahh I didn't get into ____ because of affirmative action! boohoo! that person got in because he/she is a minority!"
tell me again how hard it is being white and getting into college.
LOOK AROUND YOU MORON.
DIE IN A FIRE

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:57 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Argh.... I have decided to sing "What Child Is This" for our Christmas eve program at church. But I am struggling to find a version I like with music.

I am really considering singing it acapella but it has been a long time since I have sung in front of people and I don't want to choke due to nerves lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-05-2012, 02:02 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Fran, that attitude really surprises me.... I've never heard those comments before.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-05-2012, 06:36 AM
I'm All Ears

Yesterday my phone didn't correct for the time so I manually corrected it. Today my alarm went off 1 hour too early before I realized it's actually 5:30 and not 6:30. Sitting here ready for work and trying to figure out how to kill an hour. Annoyed that I lost an hour of sleep.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:29 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Talked with Mike...he doesn't want me to get a puppy. I want a puppy. Me getting a puppy will stress him out. Me getting a puppy will help my mental state.

Hoorah. Love having to decide between what I want and what I feel would be best for me and what my SO wants and what would be best for him. Because they are completely opposite on this issue.

*sigh*